Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Ryan Mallett

Trouble

Practice Squad
I personally think that you have your starting quarterback,his name happens to be Ryan Mallett.6 foot six245 pounds he has a rocket for an arm.
I happen to think that the Texans fleeced Ryan Mallett from the patriots.
He's been mentored by Brady and Bill Belichick for three years.
I don't think O'Brien is going to let Fitzpatrick ruin your season!
The Texans will win the division ifRyan Mallett is the starting quarterback!

DocBar

Hall of Fame
Contributor's Club
I'm not sure he's the QB of the future, but I certainly think he should get an honest shot this year to find out. We know Fitzpatrick isn't that guy.

EllisUnit

Vote RED!!!
Ryan shouldn't you be getting dressed and stretching to sit on the bench during the game. No need to come on here and pump sun shine about your self. Although i have to say your grammar is not to bad for such a coon ass.

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club
I happen to think that the Texans fleeced Ryan Mallett from the patriots.
I don't know if we fleeced the Patriots, they were going to lose him regardless & they got a 7th rounder (maybe 6th) for him.

We've got a one year rental. Chances are Mallet wants to see what FA has for him, maybe looking to sign a one year deal with an opportunity to compete for a starting job, then get a big contract the following year.

We most likely won't play him unless Fitzpatrick is giving away games, gets hurt, or Mallet signs a long term deal.

WolverineFan

Hall of Fame
And you're going to keep seeing it as long as the QB is throwing 2 picks and only a superstar defensive player is the difference in beating (hopefully) a mediocre team.
To be fair he also completed 67% of his passes for 250+ yards and led the team in rushing while being under pressure literally all day.

He wasn't perfect. But he was hardly the problem today.

silvrhand

All Pro
And you're going to keep seeing it as long as the QB is throwing 2 picks and only a superstar defensive player is the difference in beating (hopefully) a mediocre team.
No running game at all..
Offensive line was completely destroyed again.
One pick was a great play by a DB, basically taking it from Nuk
One pick was off a tipped pass..
Fumble.. by Andre in the red zone.. (3/7 points)

Did I mention the abysmal running game and offensive line?

Malloy

Hall of Fame
No beef on Fitzl tonight...

Time for Foster to sit on the sideline, he's obviously not ready for anything :(

DocBar

Hall of Fame
Contributor's Club
By that logic, why exactly did O'Brien try out and sign Fitz then?
That's a very good point. OB is trying to put the best players he can on the team. Fitz was the best FA QB for OB's offense and, obviously, OB thought Mallett could come in and be a better backup than Keenum.

I'd like to see Mallett get a shot if Fitz keeps up his pick parade. JJ gave Fitz the situational football to allow him to manage the game rather than engineer drives from behind on the scoreboard.

Marshall

Not pretty, but ALIVE!
O'Brien did not trade for Mallet so he could sit on the bench!Fitzpatrickdays are numbered!
Somehow I think that is exactly what OB is hoping. It means Fitz is doing well enough and is healthy enough to remain the starter. Mallet is insurance.

kingtexan

All Pro
Mallet is a pure competitor. Did you see him try to insure himself the starting job after Fitz threw the TD pass to Hopkins? Twice!

jaayteetx

All Pro
Time to start the push, seen enough of fitzmagic, he is what he always has been. Let's get Mallet the ball.

Wolf

100% Texan
Ryan "the hallucination" Fitzpatrick.. Has a horrible half and then has a half that makes you think he could possibly manage an offense (meaning not lose it)

Hervoyel

BUENO!
Time to start the push, seen enough of fitzmagic, he is what he always has been. Let's get Mallet the ball.
Agreed. It's time to do something different.

In a shocking development it turns out that the 4 other teams over 11 years were actually right and Fitz is crap. Who knew?

DocBar

Hall of Fame
Contributor's Club
Ryan "the hallucination" Fitzpatrick.. Has a horrible half and then has a half that makes you think he could possibly manage an offense (meaning not lose it)
That's Fitz in a nutshell. He's so inconsistent it's unreal. It's like the game has never slowed down for him.

Norg

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Well that's the plan don't worry Fitz haters if Fitz continues to play bad then it will happen,

Imo he's got 2, more games left if he plays bad for the Colts and titans game well then mallet will be starting for match up aganist the steelers yes the steelers or eagles both is, a, lose lose imo

I predict tho we go 5-2 tho and all is, well

Hervoyel

BUENO!
He's been doing this for over a decade. Don't buy it.

The guy needs to move on. I'm ashamed that my team was the last one to give this guy a chance to peddle his wares in the NFL. It's a low point in Texans history. I'm more proud of the David Carr pick than I am of the Ryan Fitzpatrick signing. At least with Carr there was a chance he wasn't crap. The entire world knew that Fitz was manure before we paid him to come here and put on a fertilizer exhibition wearing our uniform.

Way to waste one of the few remaining seasons Andre Johnson has left OB. Bravo.

DocBar

Hall of Fame
Contributor's Club
He's been doing this for over a decade. Don't buy it.

The guy needs to move on. I'm ashamed that my team was the last one to give this guy a chance to peddle his wares in the NFL. It's a low point in Texans history. I'm more proud of the David Carr pick than I am of the Ryan Fitzpatrick signing. At least with Carr there was a chance he wasn't crap. The entire world knew that Fitz was manure before we paid him to come here and put on a fertilizer exhibition wearing our uniform.

Way to waste one of the few remaining seasons Andre Johnson has left OB. Bravo.
In all fairness, I'd rather see Fitz than any of the 2013 Texans QB's or 2014 FA's. 2014 was a crappy year for FA QB's and Fitz had more corn than the rest of them. I want to see OB pull the trigger on Mallett so we can see what he has.

Pollardized

Division Champ
Look at the Cards today, rookie Logan Thomas comes in and keeps team close, giving them a spark, I think.

Sometimes you just have to give the guy a chance and see what happens.

Marcus

Windmill cancer survivor
Contributor's Club
I really don't Fitzpatrick is playing all that bad. I know all of you think I'm speaking sacrilege in a Ryan Mallet thread, but I don't think so.

OB's not going to change him out. We're 3-2 and still in contention.

All this desire to see Mallet play so you can him chuck the rock 100 yards down the field is crazy. The dude is slow as molasses. But I get it. The backup QB is always the most popular.

Vance87

All Pro
I'd be shocked if OB made a QB change with such a quick turnaround for thursday. If Fitz goes out and lays an egg, well then it's Hammer Time.

DBCooper

Outlaw
Contributor's Club
I really don't Fitzpatrick is playing all that bad. I know all of you think I'm speaking sacrilege in a Ryan Mallet thread, but I don't think so.

OB's not going to change him out. We're 3-2 and still in contention.

All this desire to see Mallet play so you can him chuck the rock 100 yards down the field is crazy. The dude is slow as molasses. But I get it. The backup QB is always the most popular.
It's not because he's the backup.

Hervoyel

BUENO!
Well that's the plan don't worry Fitz haters if Fitz continues to play bad then it will happen,

Imo he's got 2, more games left if he plays bad for the Colts and titans game well then mallet will be starting for match up aganist the steelers yes the steelers or eagles both is, a, lose lose imo

I predict tho we go 5-2 tho and all is, well
If it takes two more games for this regime to see the obvious then I'm thinking we've got another clown running the show or this guy has an agenda that involves where the Texans draft come April.

The facts of this situation are ESTABLISHED. They're running a QB out there that none of the other 31 teams would trust with more than a clip board.

Mallet should play immediately and if they don't put him on the field I'm left to assume that they gave a drat pick away for a guy they don't think is even better than the POS they're selling us now.

Think about that for a minute. Think about the QB play and offensive performance of the last three weeks and then consider why they wouldn't want to make a change.

Now process that. Think about it. How bad does Mallet have to be for Ryan Mother=****ing-Fitzpatrick to be keeping him on the bench.

Either start Mallet or hold a press conference where you admit that you bullshitted AJ (or bought his cooperation) and are tanking the season. Any series of events that leads to more Fitzpatrick starts is either an open admission of tanking the season or evidence of complete incompetence on the part of the Texans brain trust and coaching staff.

Hervoyel

BUENO!
Anyone who thinks Mallet is a popular option because he's the backup is nuts. He's a popular option because Fitzpatrick ****ING SUCKS. He sucks like Schaub sucked. He sucks like Carr sucked. We're Texans fans, we have a ****ing PHD in recognizing QB suck OK?

Mallet is a popular option because the guy being sent out there to sabotage our offense is Ryan Fitzpatrick. If Mallet sucks we've lost NOTHING. He can't suck more than this little Treasure Troll of bearded misery that OB brought in. If he does then run Savage out there. Look to the free agent market, find a guy playing in Canada.

All of the above is a better plan than more of this ****. This team isn't dead. Rex Grossman could take this team farther than Ryan Fitzpatrick.

Texecutioner

Hall of Fame
Anyone who thinks Mallet is a popular option because he's the backup is nuts. He's a popular option because Fitzpatrick ****ING SUCKS. He sucks like Schaub sucked. He sucks like Carr sucked. We're Texans fans, we have a ****ing PHD in recognizing QB suck OK?

Mallet is a popular option because the guy being sent out there to sabotage our offense is Ryan Fitzpatrick. If Mallet sucks we've lost NOTHING. He can't suck more than this little Treasure Troll of bearded misery that OB brought in. If he does then run Savage out there. Look to the free agent market, find a guy playing in Canada.

All of the above is a better plan than more of this ****. This team isn't dead. Rex Grossman could take this team farther than Ryan Fitzpatrick.
Finally someone who understands what a QB shouldn't look like on this site. Thank you Herv. So sick of the rationalization of awful QB's for this franchise from local fans who have this "dreamer's mentality" of every QB that starts for this team every year.

DBCooper

Outlaw
Contributor's Club
Finally someone who understands what a QB shouldn't look like on this site. Thank you Herv. So sick of the rationalization of awful QB's for this franchise from local fans who have this "dreamer's mentality" of every QB that starts for this team every year.
Generalize much?

dream_team

Hall of Fame

So... you're saying you're smarter than OB? After all, it's OB that keeps trotting him out there and I don't think you'd get much fuss out of fans if he had Mallet starting instead.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DocBar

Hall of Fame
Contributor's Club
How many members on here fully endorse Fitz? You're just ranting here. I want to see Mallett, too, but I'll trust the HC in his rookie year.

FirstTexansFan

The Unknown Fan
So... you're saying you're smarter than OB? After all, it's OB that keeps trotting him out there and I don't think you'd get much fuss out of fans if he had Mallet starting instead.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'll take Texecutioner over OB as coach... anyone else? :)

corytx8

Rookie
Lol man, I don't see anyone wanting to keep Fitz as a starter man. But Keenum could have done better than this lol, Mallet can do better than this..... OB is wasting our time with Pickspatrick.