Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Roster Lock Question..

LondonTex

Waterboy
Probably seems like a dumb question but this is my first time playing and I'm a bit confused about this..... Both leagues I'm in have the players on the roster locked at game time. Does this mean I can play (for example) Matt Forte whos game kicks off at 1pm and when his game is finished, bench him and replace him with Steven Jackson, who's game kicks off at 5pm the same day? Is this how it works when individuals are locked in at game time? Thanks

Probably seems like a dumb question but this is my first time playing and I'm a bit confused about this..... Both leagues I'm in have the players on the roster locked at game time. Does this mean I can play (for example) Matt Forte whos game kicks off at 1pm and when his game is finished, bench him and replace him with Steven Jackson, who's game kicks off at 5pm the same day? Is this how it works when individuals are locked in at game time? Thanks

Can't make roster changes after that individual's game has started. If you play Forte, you can't sub him out.

Can't make roster changes after that individual's game has started. If you play Forte, you can't sub him out.
But lets say Fortes game finishes at 3:50PM ...and Jackons game starts at 5PM ...can I bench Forte for Jackson at say...4:55pm?

If you start a player and his game kicks off, you cannot sub him out.

If you start a late game player you can still sub him during the early game for a player that has yet to play.

If you start a player and his game kicks off, you cannot sub him out.

If you start a late game player you can still sub him during the early game for a player that has yet to play.

That makes sense. Thanks :) ...I'm still slightly confused tho. Lets say Sunday the Bears are playing and I start Forte ...Giants are playing on Monday so I leave Bradshaw on the bench. Sunday comes and goes and Forte scores me some points. The next day is Monday...Can I bench Forte for Bradshaw?...Sorry if I'm being dense here btw :redface:

That makes sense. Thanks :) ...I'm still slightly confused tho. Lets say Sunday the Bears are playing and I start Forte ...Giants are playing on Monday so I leave Bradshaw on the bench. Sunday comes and goes and Forte scores me some points. The next day is Monday...Can I bench Forte for Bradshaw?...Sorry if I'm being dense here btw :redface:

Lets try it this way:

Simplified fantasy roster: you have 3 positions:

QB
RB
WR

The roster "Locks" once a player who is in any of those positions has a game start. It does not "unlock" until the following Tuesday (after the MNF game)

So if you have Forte playing on Sunday at 1PM and he is in your starting RB slot and his game starts and he's playing, he is locked in as your running back for that week. You cannot start any other RB, even if their game doesn't start until Monday night. The roster only unlocks the following week (Tuesday)

No. Once Forte is 'locked' into your lineup for the week he cannot be unlocked. If you want to start Bradshaw you must do so before your other RB's are locked into your lineup.

The roster "Locks" once a player who is in any of those positions has a game start. It does not "unlock" until the following Tuesday (after the MNF game)

So if you have Forte playing on Sunday at 1PM and he is in your starting RB slot and his game starts and he's playing, he is locked in as your running back for that week. You cannot start any other RB, even if their game doesn't start until Monday night. The roster only unlocks the following week (Tuesday)

No. Once Forte is 'locked' into your lineup for the week he cannot be unlocked. If you want to start Bradshaw you must do so before your other RB's are locked into your lineup.

Awesome! This helps a lot.. Totally answered my question. Thanks guys

Back