Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Rodent Problem at NRG

gwallaia

Staff member
A rather large rat ran across my foot at today's game (49ers). I saw something blur in the corner of my eye and then I feel something on my foot and then I see it. A big hairy rat scurrying down our row.

I'm in section 552

Hervoyel

BUENO!
A rather large rat ran across my foot at today's game (49ers). I saw something blur in the corner of my eye and then I feel something on my foot and then I see it. A big hairy rat scurrying down our row.

I'm in section 552

Good God man, I can't "Like" that!

Thanks for reporting it though. Good to know.

Hervoyel

BUENO!
The longer I think about it the more I think you probably could have gotten a good deal on that rat's PSL if you had approached him in the right way. He's probably already sold his tickets to some Steeler fans so you wouldn't get to go to that game but for next year..... quite a bargain.

xtruroyaltyx

Hall of Fame
I wonder if this’ll become a bigger problem with the astrodome supposedly being overrun by them.

If that’s the case then of course they are going to expand to new territory.

Hervoyel

BUENO!
You know, downtown is full of rats. If you get here early enough in the morning (I'm usually in between 5:30 and 6:00) they're everywhere diving for cover as more people start to show up. There are far more of them in the city than people imagine. They're just really good at staying out of sight during the day.

The Astrodome has had them for decades. Just goes with the territory. Any massive building like that sitting empty most of the time (all of the time now) is going to have that problem. Once the garage goes in I'm sure the county will start putting the effort into getting them all back under control. Maybe if there are enough reports of them over at NRG they'll start working on it sooner.

gwallaia

Staff member
I did send a complaint to the Texans fan department or whatever its called. I have not received any acknowledgement of receipt though.

Double Barrel

Texans Talk Admin
Staff member
Contributor's Club
The Discovery Channel had a documentary about rats last year. Very interesting to watch. They are resilient little bastards, and it is not at all surprising that they are taking over the NRG complex. They've got to be bad if they are coming out during games, though. I'm surprised that they've let it so out of control considering the diseases and nastiness that comes with a large rat population.

gwallaia

Staff member
The Texans called me back today after I had sent them an email. They apologized and assured me they will be addressing the issue.

PapaL

Loose Screw
Actually, snakes are much better at controlling rodent populations. They should turn a couple of hundred snakes loose in NRG.
You are correct. I jumped a level. When do the mongoose get released?
I picture NRG as a wild kingdom. Has to be more entertaining than watching Savage and our offense.

Bulls on Parade

2017 Astros: Earn It!
The rats would get ignored.
In New York city they have squads of terriers that are trained to kill rats and they hunt them down so effortlessly and with such precision. A good terrier can kill four or five rats in one minute. Hundreds of rats are killed by numerous terriers. It's a bit barbaric to be honest and not something I'd recommend seeing if you haven't already. First time I saw it I wanted to throw up but I've gotten used to it already.

Has NRG Stadium ever hosted a dog day for a Texans game? I know the Rockets have at Toyota Center and I've never seen a rat inside of Toyota Center. I'm just saying...