Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

robinson is # 23

keyfro

Veteran
just one quick question...what do ya'll think of the revolution helments? the new ones that the facemask sticks out so far...i think they're ugly as hell...but babin seems to like them?...a few of the players on the tech team used them this past season and we had several problems with them...we had a couple break on us

pittbull

Rookie
i don't like those helmets either. They look like a hockey goalie mask or something. Actually, go back to the old leather helmets.....Now that's football!

El Tejano

Hall of Fame
My question is how do you get a picture of these guys #s on a table like that?

Okay, I just saw it on the pictures of the rookies reporting for camp. Man you guys are fast.

Vinny

shiny happy fan
El Tejano said:
My question is how do you get a picture of these guys #s on a table like that?
Try browsing houstontexans.com feature story (for now)

The link is on the bottom of the main mb page.

SBTexans08

Rookie
I sort of like the helmets. I thought these were made to lower the number of concussions not break during games...LOL

V Man

Pumpkinhead
keyfro said:
just one quick question...what do ya'll think of the revolution helments? the new ones that the facemask sticks out so far...i think they're ugly as hell...but babin seems to like them?...a few of the players on the tech team used them this past season and we had several problems with them...we had a couple break on us
My biggest problem with them is their price. Would like my athletes to have the best protection available, but can't afford to get them. (2 to 3 times more expensive than the standard Riddell helmet.)

SBTexans08

Rookie
V Man said:
My biggest problem with them is their price. Would like my athletes to have the best protection available, but can't afford to get them. (2 to 3 times more expensive than the standard Riddell helmet.)
I think they are just 2 times the price...

I'm also glad to see Robinson will be #23! :coolb:

El Tejano

Hall of Fame
Ah! I see. I wonder if us Texan fans are going to put a curse on that jersey. Let's not though. A Texan jersey is always a blessing even if it has the dishonor of honing a bad player for a year or so.

keyfro

Veteran
they are really expensive and they are supposed to lower concusion rates but what we saw was that a hard enough hit on the ear hole...which we all know happens eventually...the extended cheek piece has the potential to break...none of our players were hurt when this happened but it's the weakest part of the helment...most of the players that started the season with the revolution helments were back to the riddell helments by the end of the season...recievers on the other hand loved them...mainly because they are so much lighter than the riddells and it's easier to turn your head in them

SBTexans08

Rookie
Tankhead said:
What is so good about 23? I could see you getting giddy over 69 but.... :slap:

I put the banana for no reason...just for kicks.

About me liking 23 for Robinson...well, just because that is his number. Anderson had the number before, I think, and well since my hopes are that Robinson will stay in Houston for a while and contribute greatly it nice to see him get his number back.

TheOgre

All Pro
DoCt3rJ said:
He needs to talk to J.Well to get his #32.
If he waits until right before the 1st game to change numbers, he might not have to get Wells permission to wear #32.

V Man

Pumpkinhead
TheOgre said:
If he waits until right before the 1st game to change numbers, he might not have to get Wells permission to wear #32.
I think you maybe be right. Wells might be looking for a job at the end of training camp. :bag:

keyfro

Veteran
you might be surprised but i think travis stephans has the ability to surpass wells as the number three back