Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Robinson & Babin

infantrycak

Hall of Fame
Good news is neither of the Texans' top draft picks have the Poston's or Rosenhaus as their agent.

Robinson's agent is Jason Chayut and Babin's agent is Tony Agnone.

A brief search hasn't shown either to be hold-out prone.

I am willing to bet that the Texans already looked into that. It wouldn't suprise me if who there agent is, isn't won of the criteria that they look at. Texans have yet to have a rookie hold-out. (knock on wood). :banana:

I agree V Man that the Texans almost certainly looked into that before they drafted them. Last year, the report was they met with AJ and extracted a promise from him that he would not be a hold-out. It may make fans mad in the future to see the Texans pass on someone like Winslow because of his agents or Rogers because of his entourage, but IMO it is the smart thing to do and best for the long term development of the team.

sprtsfanatic said:
D. Robinson is #23 for time being...hmm any chance he gets his number before the season starts???

Johnathan Wells has done nothing to deserve someone taking his number. The only way he will get 32, is if Wells gives it to him.

AJ said from the beginning last year that he would not be a hold out. That was one of our first glimpses into what kind of person he is.

DC_ROCK said:
Johnathan Wells has done nothing to deserve someone taking his number. The only way he will get 32, is if Wells gives it to him.
It is not unusual for "bigger stars" coming from college or another team to ask for a number from a player that already has it. Most don't do what Clinton Portis did and ask to box for the #, but a payment is sometimes made. Maybe Wells wouldn't mind an extra 10-15K.

Manning bought his number from the punter this year, just goes to show that 1st Rd. Rookies can get what they want if they try hard enough.

just read something interesting about robinson...he's the highest drafted player from the gamecocks since sterling sharpe...let's hope robinson's career doesn't end like sharpes?

keyfro said:
just read something interesting about robinson...he's the highest drafted player from the gamecocks since sterling sharpe...let's hope robinson's career doesn't end like sharpes?

Lets hope we can Expect the same production out of him. :)

very true...i know some teams had robinson higher on their draft boards than hall...i hope robinson turns out like trufant last year...everyone was convienced that newman was the better corner and so far trufant as been the better of the two

As a current USC (the real USC) Gamecock, Dunta (Don-tay) as the potential to be very special. I had to go back and look over some footage again, because there were one or two bad memories I had of his play. However, teams tend to avoid him and I can barely remember a CB that was so active in run coverage. He plays like a LB or Safety coming up in run coverage. He might be a liability with his size in the end zone, the Gamecocks lost an overtime game to Tennessee last year when they lobbed the ball up to a taller Tennessee receiver. I still think he will be better than Hall, he can lay the wood and seems to have the same natural athleticism. His ability to stay in a WR's hip pocket is amazing.

infantrycak said:
It is not unusual for "bigger stars" coming from college or another team to ask for a number from a player that already has it. Most don't do what Clinton Portis did and ask to box for the #, but a payment is sometimes made. Maybe Wells wouldn't mind an extra 10-15K.
Wells may NEED that $10-$15K after he gets bounced out of camp....

i like hall and robinson...i thought that gamble had the most potential but also the most risk along with him...robinson and hall seemed to be neck and neck for the best corner in the draft...atlanta took hall which didn't surprise me...they are hoping he's the next deon sanders...while robinson has been compared to a lot of corners but i think he'll just make a name for himself...with capers and glenn molding him...he should do just fine this season

Back