Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Retro Uniforms Coming Back.....

Houston Thunderbirds

We already had....

I tried to think of a "space theme" name, but all of the ones I came up with sounded lame even in my head. Anything to do with energy or electricity would look an awful lot like the Chargers. We might want to wait a few more years before we name any local sports team the Hurricanes.

Honestly, I think "Bulls" or "Toros" might be the best alternative we've got.

By the way, that last name that fans could vote on when the franchise was getting started? It was "Wildcatters." I can't help but wonder if someone was trying to stack the deck in favor of "Texans."

Not a fan of all the dislike for Texans name/uni's/helmet, I think our design is beautiful and the logo is iconic Texas symbol with the lone star and Texas flag colors. I prefer battle red uni's with white pants because it looks more AFC to me but I'm a huge fan of what we got. All of the other names thrown around in this thread are ******* atrocious.

Also never was a fan of the Chargers powder blue uni design with the white helmet, most overrated uni in sports never understood why everyone was so crazy about it I could think of a dozen NFL uniform/helmet designs that I like more. For the Chargers it doesn't get better than their early 90's darker design, I always thought that looked very sharp:

images

Texans Home games should always be played in their Steel Blue jersey and pants. A Battle Red home game should have the Battle Red jersey and Steel Blue pants. Away uniforms are one of the best in the NFL. There should be an away game or two where they wear their Liberty White-Out uniform. The standard home uniform is a dud.....never liked the Steel Blue jersey and Liberty White pant combo.

By the way.....my submission for naming the new Houston franchise was the Texans....somehow, Seawolves (I think) won the contest. So I got nothing but the name right.

On a side note.....how many teams feature Red, White and Blue? That would be the Patriots, Bills, Texans and Giants. Oilers had a stand alone color concept with the Columbia Blue, Red, and White.

I still think the Raiders and Chargers have the best logo and color combinations of all the NFL teams. The other two I really like.....the Steelers and Dolphins. I still think the Texans could have the best logo and could have the best uniforms if they were willing to change their colors and combinations.

Bobcats and Stallions were definitely lame. Apollos was too much like Astros to me. Roughnecks ... the problem is most people have no idea what that is and the name would have defaulted to Rednecks. It wasn't one of the candidates but I came up with Drillers. It sounded like Oilers and made sense for the oil industry. They could have used an oil derrick logo with that also. I also wanted them to draft Julius Peppers with the first pick and not David Carr, but what do I know?

I thought then and still do to this day that the new franchise should have been the Houston Hurricanes. I would have also liked to see the uniforms incorporate a lot of Baby Blue in homage to the scrubs all the medical professionals wear in the Houston Medical center as well as pay homage to the Columbia Blue of the old Oilers days. Would be awesome to see all the medical professionals wearing scrubs with a Houston Hurricanes logo on them to support the local team.

Last edited:
It's the blue. The most unattractive blue imaginable. I love battle red. It's the best red in the NFL. Make that the primary color.

This guy thinks;

1) Make Color rush jersey the new permanent home jersey.
2) Make Battle red the prime time jersey.
3) Do away with all white.
4) Make the current home blue the new throw back jersey.

Last edited:
This guy thinks;

I think the red jersey on white is the best and most unique look. It just pops. However, with Texans ownership being so unimaginative I can’t picture them sitting in their office thinking about how to get creative with uniforms or really caring about what the fans want. We are talking about the same ownership that lazily handed over the GM reigns to BOB. Just my 2 cents for a distance now.

This guy thinks;

I'm going to get a little picky here but looking at the article you attached sort of made appreciate the "Color-Rush" look a lot more. My little tweaks:

1. I'd cut down the white outline to about half of its current size.
2. I'd add a the white outline to the shoulder stripe.
3. The new "Prime-Time" Battle Red jersey would feature Steel Blue numbers and shoulder stripes with the same white outlines.
4. Color-Rush Steel Blue pants would serve as both Home and Away gear.
5. New Color-Rush uniform would be a Liberty White uniform done iin the same style as the previous CR. Steel Blue numbers, shoulder stripes and pant stripes. Battle Red outlines. White socks and Steel Blue cleats.

It's the blue. The most unattractive blue imaginable. I love battle red. It's the best red in the NFL. Make that the primary color.

The red is good, but I think they would need to change the helmet to red or white. Blue helmet and red jersey is blah.

Ugghh ... the Rams

HEADER_FINAL.jpg

Doesn't this patch look like they are preparing us for ads on the jerseys like the NBA is doing?

rams.jpg

Chargers and Rams did a great job rebranding their teams in preparation for the new shared stadium.

I'm really liking both the new helmet and the uniforms for the Rams. The design of the horns and the new shade of blue are pretty striking.

The ugly numbers kills it for me. I don't get why Nike has to always get cute with the fonts and numbers. If they would have gone with the traditional LA Rams jersey from before they moved to St Louis it would have been a real good look. I'm good with the rest.

Back