Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Respect for the texans in Madden 09

Bigbots_02

Waterboy
Last year on Madden 08 the Houston Texans started of with a rating of 67. We went 2-0 but lost to the Colts by 1 TD. From that moment to the end of the season we where a texans team plagued with injures. However, we managed to still reach .500 in a division an average team would have a losing season in... so here is where my question come. They adjust teams every month through out the season. Why is it our team rating NEVER CHANGED from a 67. It literally NEVER changed. Tampa Bay is in the mid 70's and we Handled them. I want to say Oakland is in the 70's and we handled them too... I definitly know there is NO TEAM rated lower then us. Im curious to see what they think of us for the following season. I believe right know we are about a B+ as a team... possible a A- if we can stay healthy. I would love to get the respect we deserve as texans and see a texans team with a rating of about 87. I think thats realistic and fair.

If the Patriots are a 99, and the Dolphins are a 60, I would say the Texans are somewhere between 80 and 85.

This translates into solid team with potential

With newly implemented zone blocking scheme for the offense should improve our run game greatly, Rhodes to assist our db's is only going to help as well. The new talent we've picked up for the positions we needed filled will also add depth and competition during training camp so the best man WILL win. If you can stay health, the skys the limit. Who knows what we could have done last year if we were healthy.

Realistically, I see us as high 70's or low 80's (for madden). We still havn't proved we can get to the playoffs so from that standpoint alone, I cant see us being at an 85 or higher. Also, we have SO many young players right now that will be starting or seeing significant playing time. This isn't good for your overall grade right out of the gates... but it sets up PERFECTLY as a team to use as your franchise to build. If you play (well), draft well, and do the offseason activities to make your players better- the Texans would be a franchise you could improve EASILY.

So I think I would put us at a 79.

Realistically, I see us as high 70's or low 80's (for madden). We still havn't proved we can get to the playoffs so from that standpoint alone, I cant see us being at an 85 or higher. Also, we have SO many young players right now that will be starting or seeing significant playing time. This isn't good for your overall grade right out of the gates... but it sets up PERFECTLY as a team to use as your franchise to build. If you play (well), draft well, and do the offseason activities to make your players better- the Texans would be a franchise you could improve EASILY.

So I think I would put us at a 79.

I can argue the points you made at all... but what do you think they will end up as with updates to the league and we win and lose some games?

I wouldn't get my hopes up too high . An 81 might be as high as it gets IMO . I just hope hes Demeco Ryans , not DeMECKO Ryans this year .

Hell, in the PS2 version he was simply "Number 59". It was perhaps the most annoying thing about playing that game (short of watching a pass go through (literally) your receiver and into the hands of a defender for an INT on All-Madden mode).

I once had Ron Dayne get 198 yards on 22 carries with 3 touchdowns, one of those being on a 70 yard run against the Ravens.

I am not worried about the ratings that Madden assigns the Texans from that point on.

I wonder what the parameters are for how they add to or subtract from a team? Do they take new coaches into account? Do they assume that we'll be healthier this season? That kind of stuff.

Madden's team ratings are just a reflection of the player ratings on that team. Texans dont have many highly rated madden players. We'll prolly come out around 80.

Hell, in the PS2 version he was simply "Number 59". It was perhaps the most annoying thing about playing that game (short of watching a pass go through (literally) your receiver and into the hands of a defender for an INT on All-Madden mode).

Yeah thats messed up . I have created our rookies , and the computer actually says Adibi !! They can say Adibi , but not Demeco ? lol .

The interceptions on 08 about p!ssed me off when I first got it . I intercepted Tom Brady 4 times in the 1st quarter . I turned down the AI to 35 for the int. option for both myself , and the computer . Its much better now .

I would love to get the respect we deserve as texans and see a texans team with a rating of about 87. I think thats realistic and fair.

Now, I'm super optomistic when it comes to this team. This time last year, I actually had myself believing we would be hosting the AFC Championship game.

But things didn't happen the way I thought they would. With this team, in it's 5 year history, they never do.

So, I'm really confused as to where this respect that we deserve is coming from.

I'm a homer, I get that..... but I can't see where someone who doesn't follow this team would waste their time talking about us.

Now, I'm super optomistic when it comes to this team. This time last year, I actually had myself believing we would be hosting the AFC Championship game.

But things didn't happen the way I thought they would. With this team, in it's 5 year history, they never do.

So, I'm really confused as to where this respect that we deserve is coming from.

I'm a homer, I get that..... but I can't see where someone who doesn't follow this team would waste their time talking about us.

Ok... maybe Im the only 1 that is seeing this but I believe we are clearly better then a 67 and for use not to change in ratings through out the entire season is to me, a slap in the face. For me, its about the rating but more so that it would seem that they have forgot about us. The ratings never changed. We beat the bucs, saints and raiders and all there ratings changed still. I can understand starting off with a low rating and even finish with a not so good one but the teams that we beat ended up with a better rating then us. Do you really think the saints are a 88? Alot of these team are grossly ahead of use by 10 and 20 points and they shouldnt be. Thats all Im saying, you can agree with it or choose not to see it. Its completely up to you all. We ended up ahead of 15 teams record wise when the season was finished and Im not even counting the teams with the same record as us. The chiefs went 4-12, Im pretty sure there rated Higher then us.

this team has never had a winning season...I don't see any reason for people not from Houston to be as optimistic as us. They will be rated higher once they start to win more than they lose.

link. keep in mind that it is possible the ratings will change by release.

Texans have a 78 rating.

offense:
texanso.jpg

defense:
texansd.jpg

Morlon Greenwood at 89???

I know this is dumb! Greenwood is an 89 yet Dunta gets an 87???? What is that?

Also, Andre should be about a 97 and Mario a 95. I'd put Demeco at either 96 or 97. I'd wait at least until mid-season to put Mario that high (if his sack numbers are deserving).

I don't see how they can assign rankings to rookies prior to them playing a single down.

If I were in charge of it, I wouldn't even release the game until around week 7 (past the trade deadline). One thing I always notice about Madden is that by the time I am able to buy it, the rosters are completely outdated and wrong, takes away from the game play. If they waited, they could assign more accurate ratings and get the majority of the rosters right. I'd be willing to wait an extra couple of months to get the game at it's best.

Just my two cents.

Strikes me as fair ratings. Some overrated and some underrated but that's inevitable. Surprised to see Amobi checking in at a 92 this year, and a 97 for Mario reflects everyone's anticipation of him earning recognition as an elite DE this year. I would like to see Slaton's ratings.... you can do a lot with a HB if they have good speed/agility - regardless of the overall ranking. I'm guessing he gets some respect in that area.

Hopefully the game doesn't suck again this year.

On the PS3 and X360 - do they not do online updates for player rankings and depth charts throughout the season?

Madden 09 will be the first time I've played Madden on the most current platform, so I guess I assumed that those two consoles had all kinds of online updates constantly. Is that not the case?

On the PS3 and X360 - do they not do online updates for player rankings and depth charts throughout the season?

Madden 09 will be the first time I've played Madden on the most current platform, so I guess I assumed that those two consoles had all kinds of online updates constantly. Is that not the case?

They do roster updates for 360 and PS3

Yeah possibly a little overrated for a second year player. I could see maybe an 87 for him. He showed flashes but nothing deserving of over a 90.

Dunta should be the one with a 92!

Yeah, we as fans know he shoul...

OMG BENNETT WITH THE PICK!!! :O!!!! (Sorry, watching NFL Replay...)

Yeah, we as fans know he should be a 92, but the national media hasn't seen much out of him in terms of stats and production and he's been lacking in the INT department since his rookie season. Probably because he never gets thrown to. So, because of his stats the Madden guys don't see the whole picture. Usually the guys with 90+ have at least 6-8 INTs a year.

I don't see how they can assign rankings to rookies prior to them playing a single down.

If I were in charge of it, I wouldn't even release the game until around week 7 (past the trade deadline). One thing I always notice about Madden is that by the time I am able to buy it, the rosters are completely outdated and wrong, takes away from the game play. If they waited, they could assign more accurate ratings and get the majority of the rosters right. I'd be willing to wait an extra couple of months to get the game at it's best.

Just my two cents.

To EA Sports it's all about the Benjamins. Like CKW said you can always update the roster.

Even though it's just one point I think that AJ should be a 97. I'd make Demeco a 96 and Mario a 95. Like the others have said, Greenwood higher than Dunta?!?

Unfortunately, not everyone has an internet connection hooked up to their gaming system. It would be far more considerate to just not release the game until the roster is at its most correct. Rather than just dumping out the half assed version and telling everyone: "Oh well. Buy more crap for your gaming system".

It would be far more considerate to just not release the game until the roster is at its most correct.

While it would be 'considerate', it is by no means practical. One of the joys of madden is playing from the beginning of the season along with your team. With the plethora of roster changes, the game would never be released.

While it would be 'considerate', it is by no means practical. One of the joys of madden is playing from the beginning of the season along with your team. With the plethora of roster changes, the game would never be released.

True, it would never be perfect. However, they could at least wait until past the trade deadline...which would make the rosters fairly accurate upon release. As for playing the season along with your team, I would rather just get caught up with an accurate roster than be irritated by a roster that is about half screwed up. Then again, it seems that I am the only one who will be purchasing Madden 09 for the PS2, which I do not have connected to the internet.

From those screenshots , it looks like they are going with the NFL Network style scoreboard on top right in the middle of the screen !! I'm not too sure how I feel about that . I could also tell that the field surfaces no longer look like carpet . :heh:

If that is real, it says that Mario is a 97! Holy cow!

I mean, we all know he is at least a 97... but for EA to do that?? Wow.

i thought mario would be a 93 overall, but hey, i aint complaining:texflag:

but apparently i heard from sports gamers that those aren't the final ratings, EA may change them, so don't be suprise if mario falls to a 93 - 94 range

Yeah possibly a little overrated for a second year player. I could see maybe an 87 for him. He showed flashes but nothing deserving of over a 90.

Dunta should be the one with a 92!

speaking of over rated.... i think calvin johnson is over rated in madden (just a tad), he's a 92 overall, higher than dewayne bowe who had the better season between the two, i know calvin johnsons a beast but he didn't do anything to be a 92, imo he should be a 87-88, same goes to amobi

Back