Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Replacement Refs: Yay or Nay?

IMO

The players and coaches are making it worse than it really is. They know the substitute teacher is watching the class and they are taking advantage. Had I been reffing that game last night, I would have tossed Jon Fox's keester right out of the game. Yeah, they initially made the wrong call on the tipped ball but they reversed themselves and got it right. However, he started whining about every flag after that. He did some of his most intense griping on the 12 men on the field penalty. Guess what? They actually had 12 men on the field. Go figure.

I haven't seen any more blown calls or non calls than when Hochuli and company were running things. The current refs are allowing themselves to be intimidated by the coaches and players. A few 15 yard unsportsmanlike conduct penalties in the first 2 quarters everytime an HC or the players start whining will stop that doo doo real quick .

Then again, I have been called a hard ass on more than one occasion.

Just my :twocents:

IMO

The players and coaches are making it worse than it really is. They know the substitute teacher is watching the class and they are taking advantage. Had I been reffing that game last night, I would have tossed Jon Fox's keester right out of the game. Yeah, they initially made the wrong call on the tipped ball but they reversed themselves and got it right. However, he started whining about every flag after that. He did some of his most intense griping on the 12 men on the field penalty. Guess what? They actually had 12 men on the field. Go figure.

I haven't seen any more blown calls or non calls than when Hochuli and company were running things. The current refs are allowing themselves to be intimidated by the coaches and players. A few 15 yard unsportsmanlike conduct penalties in the first 2 quarters everytime an HC or the players start whining will stop that doo doo real quick .

Then again, I have been called a hard ass on more than one occasion.

Just my :twocents:

You nailed it

Back