Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Reminder The Cook Off Is Sunday At Bubba's

Gary, it was a fun day. Thank you for organizing this. Especially since the best team won the important part of the contest. :thisbig:

You couldn't have paid for better weather. And Sean loved the birthday present he got from the auction.

Who won what? It was a lot of fun, I am bleeding chili instead of red & blue today :)

I'm sorry we didn't get to meet you. Several people from the board were there representing. Our crew got 2nd place in the potato salad competition (thank you Amy) and 1st in the chili (Ted rules)!

They were BOTH good! I mixed a little of the chili with the tater salad - YUM! I am still sooooo full LOL

Well I learned that my wife can actually cook one thing. Potatoe salad. She is going to have to work on the . . . umm well everything else. Congrats Ted on the Chilli I'll be having some for lunch.

Well I learned that my wife can actually cook one thing. Potatoe salad. She is going to have to work on the . . . umm well everything else. Congrats Ted on the Chilli I'll be having some for lunch.

Umm, you do know she has an ID on this MB!?! It was nice knowing you.:cool:

And Amy gets full credit for the potato salad. I was the choppomatic person yesterday.

It was great to finally meet you guys/gals yesterday. We had a blast and we'll definately have to get together again before too long.

Gary,

So sorry to have had to miss your cookoff yesterday, but, you know my reasons. I would have been there on any other weekend.

Gongrats to the winners, and I know you all had a great time.

So who won what?

Where's all the pics?

Amy's tater salad was really good. Very unique recipe.

#73 is a big ol boy, ain't he? Nice guy too. He made a point to go around to every team.

Matt Jackson looked like it will be a whiile before he has any chili or potato salad.

The Mrs slept very well. LOL

So who won what?

Where's all the pics?

#73 is a big ol boy, ain't he? Nice guy too. He made a point to go around to every team.

Matt Jackson looked like it will be a whiile before he has any chili or potato salad.

I didn't win anything, other than getting to finally meet some message board peeps. (which was much better). Joe won everything in the raffles and another category (can't remember what). Blue Crew kicked butt in a few categories. Me and the Mrs, not so much. But good food, good friends, good cause....that's what it was really all about. Gary, it was great to finally meet you and we would be honored to help out at any other function your foundation decides to put on. We'd be happy to volunteer to hand stuff out, serve people, whatever you guys would need. Let us know. :)

And yes, #73 was HUGE!

I didn't win anything, other than getting to finally meet some message board peeps. (which was much better). Joe won everything in the raffles and another category (can't remember what). Blue Crew kicked butt in a few categories. Me and the Mrs, not so much. But good food, good friends, good cause....that's what it was really all about. Gary, it was great to finally meet you and we would be honored to help out at any other function your foundation decides to put on. We'd be happy to volunteer to hand stuff out, serve people, whatever you guys would need. Let us know. :)

And yes, #73 was HUGE!

What else did Joe win? I gave him my last two raffle tix on my way out, if he won something good, I may have to claim it LOL

My stomach was really full all night from all of that chilli. The potato salad was the best though that Glass made. It was nice meeting a everyone as well.

What else did Joe win? I gave him my last two raffle tix on my way out, if he won something good, I may have to claim it LOL

I honestly can't remember. I think he won a $25 gift card for Bubba's and another gift card for a round of golf. IIRC, he won a couple of other items. He also won 2nd place in one of the cookoff events and I think he got a knife set and a cutting board for that one.

I am sure that Gary will post the results with some pics later.

I had a fantastic time. Amy's potato salad won 2nd place and Lynn's margaritas didn't win but should have by all accounts of the tasters. We won 1st in chili but it was not me. Our team worked so well together chopping up the fixings and Dave (Glass Half Full's husband) did most of the work in browning. I just threw my 2 cents in along with a few seasonings from time to time.

Again, it was a team effort, and there is no other team I would rather have had.

The Blue Crew rocks.

BTW, nice to meet Jeremy and the Mrs. You guys need to make it out to more events. Remember to contact me this season about going to a game and being our guest at the Blue Crew tailgate.

I am sure that Gary will post the results with some pics later.

I had a fantastic time. Amy's potato salad won 2nd place and Lynn's margaritas didn't win but should have by all accounts of the tasters. We won 1st in chili but it was not me. Our team worked so well together chopping up the fixings and Dave (Glass Half Full's husband) did most of the work in browning. I just threw my 2 cents in along with a few seasonings from time to time.

Again, it was a team effort, and there is no other team I would rather have had.

The Blue Crew rocks.

BTW, nice to meet Jeremy and the Mrs. You guys need to make it out to more events. Remember to contact me this season about going to a game and being our guest at the Blue Crew tailgate.

It was great to meet you and your crew as well Ted. We had a lot of invites for football season tailgating yesterday....and we are definately going to take all of you guys up on the offer. Let us know what to bring, and we're there. Also, do you guys know of any other get togethers? We're looking forward to meeting more of the fellow boarders, so it would be nice to not have to wait until football season. Maybe someone can put something together? The beach, the lake, it doesn't matter to us.

It was great to meet you and your crew as well Ted. We had a lot of invites for football season tailgating yesterday....and we are definately going to take all of you guys up on the offer. Let us know what to bring, and we're there. Also, do you guys know of any other get togethers? We're looking forward to meeting more of the fellow boarders, so it would be nice to not have to wait until football season. Maybe someone can put something together? The beach, the lake, it doesn't matter to us.

I had a great time also and had fun meeting new people. I probably shouldn't have taste tested the margaritas QUITE so much.

And Ted is being too modest. He was the genius behind the chili!

I will probably be at the draft day party at Reliant. There was a good turnout last year of message board members there, we also were able to park free and tailgate. I am hoping they allow that again this year.

I sampled a little bit of this and a little bit of that. The good, the bad and the ugly...and need an antacid. Fortunately I was able to take a sample of the blue crew's "award winning" chili home.

So who won what?

Where's all the pics?

Uploaded some pictures here -

http://www.flickr.com/photos/krazykimmy/sets/72157614350384410/

The upload is on 11 of 41, so give it some time to finish :)

I'm sorry we missed your event, Gary! Our baby girl had other plans for us, though, so hopefully we can make it to the next one and you will get to meet her. :)

The next cookoff we're doing is supoosed to be March 27th & 28th..a Fri & Sat. It's at the End Zone Sports Bar behind West Oaks Mall. Friday night is chili and saturday is bbq and beans.

Its a nice laid back contest. You don't have the big dawgs so much. We had a great time last year.

Mine was suppose to be laid back and it was until the results were made. I guess we have to think of something where there are no 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place.

FFPCs?

Fun Fair Positive Cookoffs?

There's drama in everything. If anyone didn't like the results they should take it up with the Head Judge...#73.

UUH! Everyone is fine on that. I don't think anyone is going to take on #73.

I have to tell you though, I do not know who I would have picked had I been a judge. Everything had its own unique taste but it was all so GGGGGOOOODDDDD!!!!!!:

:shots: The Ritas

:fridge: The Tater Salad

:stirpot: The Chili

They were all a :perfect10:

Back