Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Reclamation projects

leebigeztx

Keep it Movin!
No different than Oj howard as an example, who are players the team can trade for who might play better in this system than in present system? We know alot of 1st or 2nd rd players are being moved for 6th and 7th rd picks. Any suggestions? Mine would be Simmons from Cardnals. he's not playing alot, but coming out, draft people stated he's a joker. He can do alot, which might be the problem. Ex db with size/speed playing lb. Could he be a low cost piece to the defense. Kirko and KGH have been trash despite their experience. Sound off

badboy

Hall of Fame
No different than Oj howard as an example, who are players the team can trade for who might play better in this system than in present system? We know alot of 1st or 2nd rd players are being moved for 6th and 7th rd picks. Any suggestions? Mine would be Simmons from Cardnals. he's not playing alot, but coming out, draft people stated he's a joker. He can do alot, which might be the problem. Ex db with size/speed playing lb. Could he be a low cost piece to the defense. Kirko and KGH have been trash despite their experience. Sound off
From reading comments it seems like many here are not very impressed with Pep Hamilton's offense or Lovie Smith's cover two defense. Maybe other players would help maybe not. Deadline soon.

leebigeztx

Keep it Movin!
From reading comments it seems like many here are not very impressed with Pep Hamilton's offense or Lovie Smith's cover two defense. Maybe other players would help maybe not. Deadline soon.
Pep needs a qb and wr and Lovie needs a 3 tech, edge, and mlb. I mentioned Simmons because he fits the physical profile of Lovie. He's not really playing in Arizona and he's on his rookie deal. a 6th or 7th probably gets him here.

Lucky

Ride, Captain, Ride!
Staff member
Can Akers isn't playing today and is rumored to be on the trade market.

I would be more than willing to give up a 6th to take some of the load off of Pierce.
Sounds like a good deal. Akers is still on his rookie deal ($1.1 mil prorated this year $1.4 next) with 1-1/2 seasons left. And as you say, his presence is needed.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
Head case?
Don't know, but anything to take 50-60 carries off of Pierce would be worth it. If he proves to be a head case cut him. Worth the risk for a 6th. He's still on his rookie deal, so if it works out it not only helps for this yr but for a couple of more yrs after that. If it doesn't work out then you really haven't lost anything.

TheRealJoker

Hall of Fame
Don't know, but anything to take 50-60 carries off of Pierce would be worth it. If he proves to be a head case cut him. Worth the risk for a 6th. He's still on his rookie deal, so if it works out it not only helps for this yr but for a couple of more yrs after that. If it doesn't work out then you really haven't lost anything.
The “get off my team” trade cost has been 6 plus player for a 7.

But I suspect Cam Akers will bring a slightly higher cost on the trade market. I think a 4 with the Rams throwing in a 7th or a 5 will be the price.

JB

Innocent Bystander
Contributor's Club
How about Robbie Anderson of the Panthers? He's on th trade block and would be cheap for the rest of the year.
Panthers coach Steve Wilks kicks WR Robbie Anderson out of game
A league source told ESPN before the game Anderson was a player the Panthers would consider trading.

A team that trades for Anderson would take on his $575,000 salary for the rest of the year, while the Panthers -- who restructured his contract in March -- would take a $20 million dead-cap hit, spread across this year and next.
link

leebigeztx

Keep it Movin!
Makes sense. He isn't special, but he's better at rb2 than anyone on this team.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
Makes sense. He isn't special, but he's better at rb2 than anyone on this team.
Yep it's about taking the load off of Pierce.

8 carries a game would basically take 100 carries off of Pierce.

Plus he's good in pass pro and can catch the ball.

Even though he helps now, this really isn't about now, this is about 3 yrs from now.

leebigeztx

Keep it Movin!
Yep it's about taking the load off of Pierce.

8 carries a game would basically take 100 carries off of Pierce.

Plus he's good in pass pro and can catch the ball.

Even though he helps now, this really isn't about now, this is about 3 yrs from now.
I still wonder why Dare doesn't get run at rb2. He was a quality back in NY ,but now he only play teams.

Reactions: JB

Texansphan

Football connoisseur
Defense is okay for what it is. Just need the offense to score more often but a couple of key upgrades would help.
For example, Texans pass rush is seriously lacking and our DB Corp is still learning and geling.

Toro Bravo

Rookie
How about Robbie Anderson of the Panthers? He's on th trade block and would be cheap for the rest of the year.
Panthers coach Steve Wilks kicks WR Robbie Anderson out of game

link
Anderson is a good receiver but he doesn't fit the Texans culture model. However, Christian McCaffrey does! The Panthers are entertaining offers for him as well. He would be a great compliment to Pierce -Thunder and Lightning - and each would prolong the career of the other.
The question is "what would it take?" I would offer a 3rd rounder and Rex Burkhead.

TexansBull

Hall of Fame
Anderson is a good receiver but he doesn't fit the Texans culture model. However, Christian McCaffrey does! The Panthers are entertaining offers for him as well. He would be a great compliment to Pierce -Thunder and Lightning - and each would prolong the career of the other.
The question is "what would it take?" I would offer a 3rd rounder and Rex Burkhead.
When was the last time McCaffrey played a whole season and wasn’t hurt.

He is a RB that is great but has played a number of years so injuries will be catching up with him.

badboy

Hall of Fame
Defense is okay for what it is. Just need the offense to score more often but a couple of key upgrades would help.
For example, Texans pass rush is seriously lacking and our DB Corp is still learning and geling.
Yes and this is the draft where we can definitely improve not only our pass rush but defense against the Run. I think Seattle will eventually drop into 4th or 5th in the draft with the Lions third or fourth. Both should be possible trade partners.

JB

Innocent Bystander
Contributor's Club
Is Melvin Gordon on the outs in Denver? He barely played against the Chargers and the announcers mentioned he was now 3rd string

Rich Schmidt

Myopicone
Is Melvin Gordon on the outs in Denver? He barely played against the Chargers and the announcers mentioned he was now 3rd string
He averages 3.7 yds/carry, but the biggest issue is 4 fumbles in 4 games and a 5th that was not ruled a fumble. So ball security seems to be an issue. I would not expect this regime to go with that risk/reward equation. From a Denver career, 11 fumbles in 37 games, so something is up in 2022