Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

RB Corps

Should we re-sign Lamar Miller

• Total voters

Pharaohcious

Waterboy
With the depletion of our Running backs- Foreman Achilles Injury, Alfred Blue cut per Brian Gaine, Lamar Miller last contract year....

Jerry Jones is talking paying Dak Prescott over Zeke... We could make a huge splash here and not only grow our popularity in the Northern regions of the United States but also equip a Powerback who could be essential to our continuous exploration of Linemen...

Linemen like to block for Power guys that are crazy, ballsy and whose overall performance is reflective on their production as Linemen...

By splashing Zeke in FA, we not only make this a destination for GREAT linemen but also inspire the Linemen who are here... Not only would they be blocking for Generational talent Deshaun Watson but Ezekiel Elliot as well!

Once our Line is 60% improvement then we can trade Zeke off and acquire either a higher 1st rounder overall or a NUMBER of draft pick and/or players.

Also i'd like to hear some thoughts on our current Running backs as far as foresight on contract talks, Injury improvement, overall roster grade at the position and future prospects if you would be so inclined.

maverick512000

Hall of Fame
First, how about we sign a GM before we worry about more players. Second, Cowboys have just a little less cap money than us so they have plenty to resign everyone and Jones is not about to let Elliot walk if there is even a hint he could come here. In fact I'm pretty sure that's a negotiating tactic for Cowboys players now "sign me or I go to the Texans".

Pharaohcious

Waterboy
I don't know if we should resign Miller or not, at least we know he's functional. Which is a hell of a lot more than you can say about Foreman.

I agree, i'm done with foreman and I feel that even when he was at 100% he only made plays in game against teams who weren't top-tier caliber defenses and I HATE playmakers that aren't either the QB or WR

Pharaohcious

Waterboy
First, how about we sign a GM before we worry about more players. Second, Cowboys have just a little less cap money than us so they have plenty to resign everyone and Jones is not about to let Elliot walk if there is even a hint he could come here. In fact I'm pretty sure that's a negotiating tactic for Cowboys players now "sign me or I go to the Texans".
Well I hate to break the news to you but... we don't have any authority on who Cal McNair is going to sign at GM and tbh I don't think we should lol.

Second, I think they have too many needs to resign everyone... Jerrys had enough with the handling of Dez and I think he's exacerbated his own energy by dealing with Dez throughout the years.

Signing Zeke could set up us up for future success not by playing him per-se but by letting him come here cheap to piss of Dallas because believe me... he'll be pissed that Dallas didn't sign him.. and then trading him of to someone like the Miami Dolphins or for their 1st rounder

Sure we would pay a lot for one player at first but then we'd SAVE money by NOT paying a top tier talent for FOUR YEARS after we'd use Zeke in a trade off for a draft pick to move up and pick a replacement for either JJ WATT who'd be at the end of his contract after Zekes first season with us

maverick512000

Hall of Fame
Well I hate to break the news to you but... we don't have any authority on who Cal McNair is going to sign at GM and tbh I don't think we should lol.

Second, I think they have too many needs to resign everyone... Jerrys had enough with the handling of Dez and I think he's exacerbated his own energy by dealing with Dez throughout the years.

Signing Zeke could set up us up for future success not by playing him per-se but by letting him come here cheap to piss of Dallas because believe me... he'll be pissed that Dallas didn't sign him.. and then trading him of to someone like the Miami Dolphins or for their 1st rounder

Sure we would pay a lot for one player at first but then we'd SAVE money by NOT paying a top tier talent for FOUR YEARS after we'd use Zeke in a trade off for a draft pick to move up and pick a replacement for either JJ WATT who'd be at the end of his contract after Zekes first season with us
Wow, so you start the post about how we don’t have any authority then go into this whole fantasy that would require Jerry Jones, Ezekiel Elliott, JJ Watt, the Texans and whatever mystery trade partner out there to all go along with your plan and thinking.

Which, by the way, is again not based in any reality. Cowboys do have the cap space to sign everybody, Jones has not in any way, shape or form acted like he is tired of anything, there is no value at all in pissing off Dallas just to piss off Dallas and finally JJ Watt has not indicated that he is going to retire and even if he did what makes you think there will be a replacement worth a first round in four years. We don’t even know who will be in the F’ing draft in four years or what team needs will be.

badboy

Hall of Fame
With the depletion of our Running backs- Foreman Achilles Injury, Alfred Blue cut per Brian Gaine, Lamar Miller last contract year....

Jerry Jones is talking paying Dak Prescott over Zeke... We could make a huge splash here and not only grow our popularity in the Northern regions of the United States but also equip a Powerback who could be essential to our continuous exploration of Linemen...

Linemen like to block for Power guys that are crazy, ballsy and whose overall performance is reflective on their production as Linemen...

By splashing Zeke in FA, we not only make this a destination for GREAT linemen but also inspire the Linemen who are here... Not only would they be blocking for Generational talent Deshaun Watson but Ezekiel Elliot as well!

Once our Line is 60% improvement then we can trade Zeke off and acquire either a higher 1st rounder overall or a NUMBER of draft pick and/or players.

Also i'd like to hear some thoughts on our current Running backs as far as foresight on contract talks, Injury improvement, overall roster grade at the position and future prospects if you would be so inclined.
L. Miller no. No evidence he will ever be used to skill set as discussed extensively on MB previously. IMO his rushing yardage for most part was not "helpful yardage". Career wise he has been an avg RB and in 2018 playoffs was abysmal. Unfortunately his seasonal avg was pumped up with meaningless carries. He should bring us a 3rd round comp which I'd prefer. We had chance to get a much better option at #86 this draft in Alabama's Damien Harris.

Dak Prescott should and will be paid for his next deal.

Elliott is under Dallas control for two more seasons and there will be money to sign both if Jerry wants to. I do not see him trading Zeke.

ATXtexanfan

Hall of Fame
I agree with all that except for the DAK SHOULD BE PAID part... but ok
Dak is tricky. Never missed a game. Solid and mobile. Dont think hes hit his potential under the staff. Cowboys got a major decision to make. They dont exactly have a plan B.

As a fourth rd pick he has earned a payday.

Then throw in amari and Zeke. They have a triplet set up. But do they move forward with all three......

Pharaohcious

Waterboy
Wow, so you start the post about how we don’t have any authority then go into this whole fantasy that would require Jerry Jones, Ezekiel Elliott, JJ Watt, the Texans and whatever mystery trade partner out there to all go along with your plan and thinking.

Which, by the way, is again not based in any reality. Cowboys do have the cap space to sign everybody, Jones has not in any way, shape or form acted like he is tired of anything, there is no value at all in pissing off Dallas just to piss off Dallas and finally JJ Watt has not indicated that he is going to retire and even if he did what makes you think there will be a replacement worth a first round in four years. We don’t even know who will be in the F’ing draft in four years or what team needs will be.

who the hell said anything about a guy in 4 years!?
I only mentioned us not having authority over picking the GM since someone felt the need to be a prick and knock the thread I made about the running game.
After the owners met and the comment was made about "not letting the inmates run the asylum" Dez was cut by Jerry Jones...
I never said JJ Watt indicated that he was going to retire I only inferred that he might be so inclined if Clowney was made to walk and more of the pressure was forced onto an already Injured JJ Watt who even he himself has said "he's not ever going to be 100%"
and just to be little more frank about the whole Zeke thing

Zeke walks from Cowboys 2020 Zeke signs with Texans 2020 Plays 2020 Season and then is used to trade up in the 2021 draft which happens to be JJ Watts FINAL year on his contract... and IF there is a guy we could get to replace JJ Watt then so be it... and it would be great to have a guy that could replace JJ Watt for CHEAP for FOUR YEARS...not "IN" four years... "FOR" FOUR YEARS... that means on a ROOKIE contract you TWIT!

Pharaohcious

Waterboy
Dak is tricky. Never missed a game. Solid and mobile. Dont think hes hit his potential under the staff. Cowboys got a major decision to make. They dont exactly have a plan B.

As a fourth rd pick he has earned a payday.

Then throw in amari and Zeke. They have a triplet set up. But do they move forward with all three......
I still feel Dak is the weak link... Did you see the game against the Saints? He was TERRIBLE in the red zone. Sure he can Scramble but he's no DW4. Not too mention how bad his production got when Zeke was suspended.

Pharaohcious

Waterboy
60% say no...

Well if didn't sign Lamar... the next runner up is D'onte Foreman whose coming of an Achilles injury!!!

Any target RBs worth mentioning from FA?

Hervoyel

BUENO!
Rather than trying to continue to make Lamar Miller into something he's not or trying to overpay Elliott despite his numbers not making the Cowboys really anything to worry about the Texans should be trying to find their next Arian Foster. Before Bill O'Brien came to town the Texans had a string of RB's who all came in unheralded and looked better than just about every stiff that's walked into the building since Bill was hired. There was always some UDFA RB we were excited about and it wasn't just because we had nothing. It was because we knew the coaches were capable of finding that hidden gem. They actually did it every now and then.

Under O'Brien we never see that. Just a plodding, pointless running game where Miller is misused most of the time, makes some hay against crappy defenses, and the rest of the time we can't get a yard when we have to have it.

I don't want Miller back. I don't want Elliott. Zeke's a ******* idiot. I want a coaching staff and scouts who can find a quality runner in something less than an NFL lineman's career. These guys will still be looking for a good RB when Watson's retiring.

Pharaohcious

Waterboy
I agree which is why im trying to create some kinda buzz about our Running game but unfortunately our fanbase is very reflective of our Front office apparently.

santo

Hall of Fame
Contributor's Club
Rather than trying to continue to make Lamar Miller into something he's not or trying to overpay Elliott despite his numbers not making the Cowboys really anything to worry about the Texans should be trying to find their next Arian Foster. Before Bill O'Brien came to town the Texans had a string of RB's who all came in unheralded and looked better than just about every stiff that's walked into the building since Bill was hired. There was always some UDFA RB we were excited about and it wasn't just because we had nothing. It was because we knew the coaches were capable of finding that hidden gem. They actually did it every now and then.

Under O'Brien we never see that. Just a plodding, pointless running game where Miller is misused most of the time, makes some hay against crappy defenses, and the rest of the time we can't get a yard when we have to have it.

I don't want Miller back. I don't want Elliott. Zeke's a ******* idiot. I want a coaching staff and scouts who can find a quality runner in something less than an NFL lineman's career. These guys will still be looking for a good RB when Watson's retiring.
Maybe we should have taken Jacobs in the first and we still could have gotten Howard and Scharping.

Toro Bravo

Rookie
I would like to see us resign Miller to a cap friendly 2 year contract. I think most posters are under valuing him. He has been pretty dependable and productive considering the OL he has had to run behind and the crappy play calling by the OC/HC.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2018/rushing.htm

Look at the total rushing yards, Y/A and fumbles. His stats are better in 14 games than many of the more heralded big names with more games.
He was a Pro Bowler last year. Plus, there are no off the field issues (Zeke, Hunt), can block and catch out of the back field.

No, he is no Arian Foster, but the stats show he is very good.

Toro Bravo

Rookie
But be honest.. Don't you think he'll ask for MORE this next contract knowing the Texans shape out the backfield PLUS coming off a Pro Bowl selection?
Maybe. But I don't think his value on the open market is near what he is currently earning. I would like us resign him for about $2 M/yr depending on this years performance. He will be 29 next year and his numbers are very similar to Jordan Howard, who earns less than half of Miller and is younger.

I am really PO'd that we didn't bring in Adrian Peterson last year. We could have had him cheap and he is still productive.

Pharaohcious

Waterboy
Maybe. But I don't think his value on the open market is near what he is currently earning. I would like us resign him for about $2 M/yr depending on this years performance. He will be 29 next year and his numbers are very similar to Jordan Howard, who earns less than half of Miller and is younger.

I am really PO'd that we didn't bring in Adrian Peterson last year. We could have had him cheap and he is still productive.

I wanted AP also!

2 million a year? I don't think he'll take that much low pay... I also don't think O'Brien will let us pay him that low

Here's Lamar Millers current contract details:

Lamar Miller signed a 4 year, $26,000,000 contract with the Houston Texans, including a $4,000,000 signing bonus, $14,000,000 guaranteed, and an average annual salary of $6,500,000. In 2019, Miller will earn a base salary of $5,500,000 and a roster bonus of $703,125, while carrying a cap hit of $7,203,125 and a dead cap value of $1,000,000.

Pharaohcious

Waterboy

I wanted AP also!

2 million a year? I don't think he'll take that much low pay... I also don't think O'Brien will let us pay him that low

Here's Lamar Millers current contract details:

Lamar Miller signed a 4 year, $26,000,000 contract with the Houston Texans, including a $4,000,000 signing bonus, $14,000,000 guaranteed, and an average annual salary of $6,500,000. In 2019, Miller will earn a base salary of $5,500,000 and a roster bonus of $703,125, while carrying a cap hit of $7,203,125 and a dead cap value of $1,000,000.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club

Peterson isn't Texans worthy. Hopefully this is about to change with Cal in charge and the new regime coming in.

Pharaohcious

Waterboy
Sir this is a free country...But i'll sell it to you for PENNIES on the DOLLAR... (A dollar that isn't gold backed, but the pennies have COPPER)

If AP begged to come to Houston we should've listened.
He might've been a better fit for how butt-chin wants to use his RBs.

We should sign Alex Collins, he'd be a great #2 back.
And who hasn't fallen asleep waiting for a tow-truck after you crash into a tree, and get caught with a handgun and marijuana in the car when the cops show up.
(not me, but I'd still sign him on the cheap)

Pharaohcious

Waterboy
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Pharaohcious

Waterboy
If AP begged to come to Houston we should've listened.
He might've been a better fit for how butt-chin wants to use his RBs.

We should sign Alex Collins, he'd be a great #2 back.
And who hasn't fallen asleep waiting for a tow-truck after you crash into a tree, and get caught with a handgun and marijuana in the car when the cops show up.
(not me, but I'd still sign him on the cheap)
Do you know me?

Pharaohcious

Waterboy
If Ezekiel Elliot gets brought in... How would the relationship transpire between O'Brien and Elliot once Elliot realized the total shitshow that O'Brien is putting on stage?

Texansballer74

The Marine
If Ezekiel Elliot gets brought in... How would the relationship transpire between O'Brien and Elliot once Elliot realized the total shitshow that O'Brien is putting on stage?

Man Obrien would love the skit out of Elliott. He would literally run him in the ground. You see the way he does Miller. And right before Foster pulled his skit again he was about to lean heavily on him as well.

Mangler

Toro de España
Man Obrien would love the skit out of Elliott. He would literally run him in the ground. You see the way he does Miller. And right before Foster pulled his skit again he was about to lean heavily on him as well.
I agree. Zeke ain’t going anywhere though, Dallas will probably give him a Gurley type contract and negotiate with Dak (since he isn’t worthy of a top qb money contract) so they can keep both.
Now, don’t get me wrong I’d be all in for bringing in Zeke but that’s not happening.

maverick512000

Hall of Fame
I agree. Zeke ain’t going anywhere though, Dallas will probably give him a Gurley type contract and negotiate with Dak (since he isn’t worthy of a top qb money contract) so they can keep both.
Now, don’t get me wrong I’d be all in for bringing in Zeke but that’s not happening.
Dallas is also looking that there are several top draftee QBs coming down the line. In many ways trying to keep Dak could actually hurt them long term if it causes them to miss out. Dak is Romo 2.0, good enough to make you hope but never good enough to get you over that hump.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
Lol, Zeke isn't Texans Worthy.

He will never be a Texans, or part of the Texans adult daycare org.

Mangler

Toro de España
Lol, Zeke isn't Texans Worthy.

He will never be a Texans, or part of the Texans adult daycare org.
It’s not like Dallas would be crazy enough to let him walk anyway. Besides, who knows what call thinks about this whole “holier than thou” player character vision Bob McNair had for his team. Cal is sure proving to be different than his old man.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
It’s not like Dallas would be crazy enough to let him walk anyway. Besides, who knows what call thinks about this whole “holier than thou” player character vision Bob McNair had for his team. Cal is sure proving to be different than his old man.
I think we know how Janice feels.

Other than firing Gaine, probably due to the race lawsuit, how has Cal proven to be any different than his father? Did you see the Texans fa this off-season? Looks the same as it did with his father to me.