Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Rate my fantasy team

TheRealJoker

Hall of Fame
Just had the office 14 team league draft. I picked 13. .5 pt ppr.
I loaded up at RB/WR and hoping as injuries pile up I can parlay some excess talent at those positions for a better TE once the season starts to shake out for some teams with a lot less depth at those positions. Championship imminent?!

Team YOU LIKE THAT?!

QB: Kirk Cousins

RB: David Johnson, Matt Forte, Thomas Rawls, Jeremy Langford, Christine Michael

WR: Allen Robinson, John Brown, Marvin Jones, Josh Gordon, Josh Doctson, Braxton Miller

TE: Zach Miller

K: Cairo Santos

D/ST: Raiders Rams

Heath Shuler

SPEED KILLS
I loaded up at RB/WR and hoping as injuries pile up I can parlay some excess talent at those positions for a better TE once the season starts to shake out for some teams with a lot less depth at those positions. Championship imminent?!

Team YOU LIKE THAT?!

WR: Allen Robinson, John Brown, Marvin Jones, Josh Gordon, Josh Doctson, Braxton Miller

-Not a Cousins fan, but I'm sure you went late at QB. I got stuck w Matt Stafford, really wanted Taylor but he went pick before mine.
-Great value at the 1/2 turn w Johnson & Robinson.
-Gordon could be wasted pick or lotto ticket, I like the upside.
-What round did Fuller go in?
-Good luck!

ObsiWan

Hall of Fame
Contributor's Club

Team YOU LIKE THAT?!

I'll say this, you're a gambler. LoL
Cousins can put up numbers if last year was any indication. and I like your first three RBs. Agree with Heath on Robinson. He and Johnson will probably carry you.

Watch out for whoever got Cam Newton and Aaron Rodgers

TheRealJoker

Hall of Fame
Thanks Heath! I got Cousins in the 12th round so obviously a bargain pickup! Fuller went in the 7th. Whereas I got Doctson in round 14 because of his injury concern.

I feel good about John Brown and Marvin Jones at WR 2/Flex depending on matchups. Gives me flexibility to go for the big upside risk in Gordon in round 9 where I got him and Doctson towards the end of draft.

TheRealJoker

Hall of Fame
I feel good about Cousins' outlook this year.

Good Oline. Full complement of weapons in passing game especially if Doctson gets back healthy soon. AND he plays in the NFC East!

There was a run on QBs in the 3rd/4th rounds. I feel good about solidifying the WR/RB positions and hoping Cousins can put up another solid season. While the teams that got Newton/Rodgers will be combing the scrap heap for RB/WRs as the year goes on.

Showtime100

Got JJ?
I never got the whole "rate mt team" thing. I do fantasy baseball and I couldn't care less what another thinks, to be honest. Baseball fantasy players seem to be that way in general. FBF owners seem to need validation I guess.

Almost sounds like a wife asking, "how's my body look"....lol.

Thing is, if I say your team sucks you'll be offended and maybe call me a hater or troll even though you brought it on yourself.

This is my post. Please rate it so I can be validated and feel good about myself. :gun:

Last edited:

Showtime100

Got JJ?
Give new people a little time to integrate.
IMO that has a lot of validity. I remember full well getting here and for , I don't know, 2 months, was very careful about what I said. My philosophy was to let the board get used to your name while posting agreeable, innocuous posts while still being true to yourself.

I was a newcomer, and later I felt more secure to tell YOU (:D) you were FOS...lol.

Anyway, I sometimes see "newbies" like a guy with guns drawn so as to defend against the attacks that would have certainly come on the boards they frequented.

So, I'm at Maggie Mae's Sunday, the 11th. I really hope to meet you.

ObsiWan

Hall of Fame
Contributor's Club
I'm just poking some fun at fantasy because I find it obnoxious as sh*t. Nothing serious.

Except it being completely obnoxious as sh*t.

No biggie...
You know how that is, over-zealous, obnoxious types can suck the fun out of anything.
Well, they can try
...and fail.
:D

htownfan32

Hall of Fame
PPR league with 1 point per 5 completions, .5 per reception and .25 points a carry. Should I drop Bortles and pick up Tyrod Taylor?

ObsiWan

Hall of Fame
Contributor's Club
PPR league with 1 point per 5 completions, .5 per reception and .25 points a carry. Should I drop Bortles and pick up Tyrod Taylor?
Hmmmmm... Buffalo is a run-first team I think Bortles will probably get you more attempts which ought to mean more completions. Last year's stats say that Bortles is worth 7 more pts, in your format, than Taylor (22.2 completions/gm vs. 15).

Full disclosure: I selected Tyrod Taylor because he should get me passing and rushing yds. But our league is not PPR so completions/receptions don't help me.

Oh and since I drafted 16th in a serpentine draft, I got Sammy Watkins with the next pick. Hoping for some serious double dipping
:D

Last edited:

Heath Shuler

SPEED KILLS
Very interesting scoring system.
I think it comes down to how bad/good you think Jax is going to be this year & how many 4th quarter trash points they get.
I lean Taylor.

htownfan32

Hall of Fame
Id go Bortles. He doesn't run as much as Tyrod but he's not a statue in the pocket himself.
Very interesting scoring system.
I think it comes down to how bad/good you think Jax is going to be this year & how many 4th quarter trash points they get.
I lean Taylor.
I am thinking Taylor too. My lineup is good, but bench is weakish. one or two injuries later and I'm looking at disaster unless I work some waiver magic. Strong WR corps.

Current week 1 lineup:

QB Tyrod Taylor
RB1 Lamar Miller
RB2 Melvin Gordon
WR1 DeAndre Hopkins
WR2 Mike Evans
TEnd Zach Miller
FLEX Amare Cooper
Kick Justin Tucker
D/ST Bills

Bench:
RB Duke Johnson
WR Will Fuller
QB Blake Bortles
WR Donte Moncrief
WR Tyler Lockett
RB Derrick Henry
RB Jay Ajayi (for when Arian Foster goes down in Miami)

Texecutioner

Hall of Fame
No one can rate your FF worth a grain of salt, unless you post the rosters of every team in the league and also show what the FF league settings are. Certain players are worth a lot more or less depending on how points are tallied up by stats.

Reactions: JB

TheRealJoker

Hall of Fame
I went ahead and dropped Doctson for Vance Mcdonald. A Chip Kelly TE adds competition to my thin TE corp. Doctson is coming back from injury and by the time he cracks the Redskins rotation i'll have Josh Gordon returning from suspension.

powda

The bridge between stupid and useless is short.
I don't get the bickering here and seemingly deleted string of posts. You clicked on the fantasy football forum and a post titled "rate my fantasy team." What did you think you were gonna find? Dont like it? Dont participate.

Of course id love validation for my team. Id love to hear you say im a draft day genius. I also want feedback on team weaknesses and sleepers you might know of. For some posters this is their first year. Being able to rely on some great posters here with 20 years of experience is a resource. Why deny those hungry for it?

Heath Shuler

SPEED KILLS
I don't get the bickering here and seemingly deleted string of posts. You clicked on the fantasy football forum and a post titled "rate my fantasy team." What did you think you were gonna find? Dont like it? Dont participate.
seems so unbelievably freakin simple, doesn't?

TheRealJoker

Hall of Fame
Someone in my league took him 6th haha

I'm more excited about the TE that went undrafted in a 14 team league (Vance Mcdonald) than the guy I drafted (albeit in round 13) Zach Miller.