Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Raiders at Texans

Seegara

Guitar Picker, Dog Lover, Woodworker
The Texans are a fairly substantial favorite, perhaps favored by more than they have been this season. Raiders can be dangerous; after all, they stepped on Indy.

My Prediction: We win this one.
Texans 24
Fridgeraiders 17

PS I don't want to take over the prediction thread, just filling in this week.

Bounce back game. Leaning towards a blow out. Rodgers just put up his first perfect passer rating game against these guys. To make matters worst, there going against a even better younger qb whose had 3 of those games in his 3 year season. Also the Conley guy we just stole from them was the only db that did not allow a score in Oaklands lost. 42-14 Texans

Last edited:
They are 6th in rushing YPG and are a zone heavy secondary …. that's a recipe for disaster around here.
If Gruden paid any attention to the Carolina / Indy games we'll see just that - a two deep zone along with a heavy dose of run run run playaction chuck it downfield. And that hasn't worked out well for us this season.

Closer game than it should be - we have a disadvantage they don't - OB.

Somebody wins 17-16

Looking at just the star line for each team, they seem well matched. Could be a very close game, but as the poster above said it could be a bounce back game and we shred them.

Reactions: ROO
Raiders are more Jekyll and Hyde than we are. Biggest difference is they are also a bit of a mess behind the scenes to given all the drama they've had this off season. I will say also their defense overall shows up much less than ours and Carr maybe one of the weaker QBs we will face. I'm giving this one to the Texans.

So far we've only seen him torch weak NFL defenses. Let him torch the Pats and then we can brag about how he torches defenses. That being said yeah this is the type of defense he can torch if we don't try and get to fancy.
Chiefs are not weak.
They have a decent DC.

We will throw all over this secondary. They don't play zone like Carolina, more like a big 12 school. Guys have to stop the run again, then jump a route for a pick 6

Chiefs are not weak.
They have a decent DC.
A couple of posters here already told us what to think. That is, that Watson is a “dumb qb” that can’t read defenses, and only shines against “weak defenses.” According to them, O’Brien is the one to praise every time Watson torches said “weak defenses.”

Their defense is pretty weak.

Watson didn't even throw the ball well against KC, so not sure why that game is even being brought up. Couldn't even crack 300 yards despite throwing it 42 times. 1 TD 2 Picks.

I expect alot more, being that he's an established superstar and soon to be second highest paid football player on the planet.

Watson didn't even throw the ball well against KC, so not sure why that game is even being brought up. Couldn't even crack 300 yards despite throwing it 42 times. 1 TD 2 Picks.

I expect alot more, being that he's an established superstar and soon to be second highest paid football player on the planet.

To be fair he wasn't suppose to throw the ball for 300 yards in the KC game. I can't knock Watson for that game because he did his job which was to keep Mahomes on the bench. That said KC did and does have a weak defense but ours isn't great so rather than making it a shoot out between Watson and Mahomes the Texans opted to use the blueprint of NE, Detroit and Colts and make the Chiefs play their game.

True,

Watson isn't an established superstar, he's a young QB that's still learning.

Brady/Rodgers/Brees/Mahomes etc... Real Superstars.

So far we've only seen him torch weak NFL defenses. Let him torch the Pats and then we can brag about how he torches defenses. That being said yeah this is the type of defense he can torch if we don't try and get to fancy.

Yep. As long as the Texans play teams that suck, we know Deshaun will put up video game numbers.

It's those pesky "good" defenses that he has trouble with.

Vs #7 ranked Saints - 3 tds, 1 int, 20-30 268 yds, 4 car 40 yds 1 td.

#11 ranked chargers - 3 tds, 25-34 351 yds.

That’s not including the previous seasons where he torched bellichec as well as the legendary Legion of Boom.

Dw hasn’t faced a bottom 5 defense this season. Atlanta’s ranked #27 and that’s the worst defense he’s played.

He’s a young qb. I know you guys hold him to Brady standards and you guys really don’t understand how he’s about to dominate the league. We have a winner at qb whose in love with the game of football. Brady, Peyton and Farve were all the same. Week after week you see some crazy stat with him along side hall of famers. What does that tell you? New England’s allowing 6-7 ppg. Watch this guy light them up for the 3rd consecutive year and Belichics considered one of the greatest defense coaches.

Vs #7 ranked Saints - 3 tds, 1 int, 20-30 268 yds, 4 car 40 yds 1 td.

#11 ranked chargers - 3 tds, 25-34 351 yds.

That’s not including the previous seasons where he torched bellichec as well as the legendary Legion of Boom.

Dw hasn’t faced a bottom 5 defense this season. Atlanta’s ranked #27 and that’s the worst defense he’s played.

He’s a young qb. I know you guys hold him to Brady standards and you guys really don’t understand how he’s about to dominate the nfl. We have a winner at qb whose in love with the game of football. Brady, Peyton and Farve were all the same. Week after week you see some crazy stat with him along side hall of famers. What does that tell you? New England’s allowing 6-7 ppg. Watch this guy light them up for the 3rd consecutive year and Belichics considered one of the greatest defense coaches.

lol:lol:

Don’t get me wrong that’s not just on Watson but come on are you even watching real football games or are you confusing them with Madden, set to easy, games?

Sorry guys. It's not that our Texans lost, it's that I've been crazy busy the last several days. Really short handed at work and putting in extra over time. I just haven't been able to set aside the time to take care of the thread as of yet.

right on bro .. duty calls. Handle your business and if you do it you do it and if you dont, you dont. Appreciate your contributions nonetheless.

lol:lol:

Don’t get me wrong that’s not just on Watson but come on are you even watching real football games or are you confusing them with Madden, set to easy, games?

Homer Glasses - Get yours at the link in my sig.

e33b4884593de76dbf3cc1b7c6017e51--los-simpsons-homer-simpson.jpg

Back