Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Put the pink soap away for good: Kubiak extended until 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
:heh:

Good for Kubes. He improved this franchise and better days are ahead. Anyone remember the days when we had a hard time scoring 17 points a game?

I really don't care about those old days. I won't sit here and compare Kubes or any other coach to what Capers and Casserly did here or what's going on with an awful team like the Raiders. It sounds like you're happy that we're just not a bottom feeder from this post. Of course he was going to improve the franchise from where it was. It was a bottom feeder. There was no way to go BUT UP and we've done that very slowly compared to other teams who have been in similar circumstances. Capers and Casserly has made a lot of fans contentment very small and the fact that Bud Adams took his team away from Houston seems to have a lot of fans afraid of losing their team like Bob might run off and take his toys with him. It's time to demand success from this organization and instead of "thinking" it's going to happen and saying "wait until next year."

I really don't care about those old days. I won't sit here and compare Kubes or any other coach to what Capers and Casserly did here or what's going on with an awful team like the Raiders. It sounds like you're happy that we're just not a bottom feeder from this post. Of course he was going to improve the franchise from where it was. It was a bottom feeder. There was no way to go BUT UP and we've done that very slowly compared to other teams who have been in similar circumstances. Capers and Casserly has made a lot of fans contentment very small and the fact that Bud Adams took his team away from Houston seems to have a lot of fans afraid of losing their team like Bob might run off and take his toys with him. It's time to demand success from this organization and instead of "thinking" it's going to happen and saying "wait until next year."

Nope I demand the playoffs in 2010!

I demand a dynasty!:ant:
348j1pv.jpg

Aww, shucks!! We'll darn well work on gettin' her done!
The Houston Texans are a freakin' WINNER!
My kids will be battlin' every Sunday!

Good 'ol Kubes.

There was no way to go BUT UP and we've done that very slowly compared to other teams who have been in similar circumstances.
What is, "is"

I'll agree that our offense is just as potent as New Orleans. I'll also agree that our defense is just as good as the Saints.

I'll agree that Kubiak is a huge reason we haven't had the same success that Sean Payton has.

but I'm not going to agree that Kubiak has not had any success here in Houston.

It would have been nice, if we could have gone 10-6, 7-9, 8-8, 13-3... I would have loved it.

Truthfully, we should have been 9-7 last year, & we should have been 11-5 this year.

But how is under achieving the last two years (if we can agree that we've underachieved the last two years) different than Sean Payton underachieving the two years before his Super Bowl run?

And if we are off by one year... from the success of the Saints... is that really that bad?

We all agree, that Kubiak has to show up big in 2010... I doubt McNair is too far from that. If he's going to give David Carr $9 million then kick his ass to the Curb, why is it so hard to believe he wouldn't do the same for Kubiak?

Don't think of that contract extension as anything other than a one way ticket, for one more year. If it were the "reward" you think it is, the talk would be about the size of the contract, and not the length. Pretty Soon, you'll see that Payton will get a new contract, & they won't be talking about how long it is.
It's time to demand success from this organization and instead of "thinking" it's going to happen and saying "wait until next year."

& how do you want us to "demand" success? By pissing & moaning all over a message board? How's that working out for you?

Are you waiting for a bunch of us to get together and agree to not buy our season tickets?

That ain't going to happen. But you go right on ahead, and demand success, and let some other lucky fan have your tickets.

I remember this time last year, we were griping & moaning, "It's not that we lost, it's the way we lost... If we were just competitive, I wouldn't be so mad... "

Well here we are, and that's not good enough. We want to cry about coming out flat, and unprepared, and playing only half a game...

We've got the #4 offense in the league, & the 13 ranked total Defense. Imagine if we'd have come prepared to play.

So there I was, staring right into the face of this really angry little old lady.

"You got a problem?" I asked her.

She replies, "You're the one who has the problem, pal."

And she hits me with her cane, but it's not a weak, little old lady type of swing. No, this lady jumps into the air like Bruce Lee and swings her cane like a bo staff being swung by a Power Ranger.

WHACK!

Can you believe that?

trying to divert this thread, so someone please reply so that we form a rabbit trail here...

I'm against it. How would we ever get around to watching the game?! :shades:

It would be more fun than watching the Texans not showing up against the Jets, K.Brown missing the FG in the Tacks game (The one that made me a soaper) or blowing leads against the Colts.

If McNair is going to have an organization that's all about fluff and PR, he should be the ultimate carnival barker and give the fans a strip club complete with pole and sinking stage and gold club members area.

This will keep the stadium full and happy. Regardless of the crappy aw shucks the kids did their best, its on me crap that's currently being sold as an NFL product.

Strip club=marketing genius.

Sign me up

So there I was, staring right into the face of this really angry little old lady.

"You got a problem?" I asked her.

She replies, "You're the one who has the problem, pal."

And she hits me with her cane, but it's not a weak, little old lady type of swing. No, this lady jumps into the air like Bruce Lee and swings her cane like a bo staff being swung by a Power Ranger.

WHACK!

Can you believe that?

trying to divert this thread, so someone please reply so that we form a rabbit trail here...

Really? You must have looked awfully mean there in your shades and floppy hat!:smiliedance:

Tommy: Richard, do I have a mark on my face? It really hurts.
Richard Hayden: Nope, nothing. I thought I hit you on the shoulder.
Tommy: My shoulder doesn't hurt very much, but my face does.
[points to huge bruised area on his face]
Tommy: Right here. Not here or here so much. Right here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back