Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Prospects for each position

I’m compiling a list of prospects at each position for the Texans in the draft or UDFA. Within some lists, I’ll state one dream selection that if by chance a player falls I’d want the Texans to draft him.

QB
I don’t have many QBs on my draft list since my hope is that they resign McCarron.
Cole McDonald - Hawaii
James Morgan - FIU

RB
Jonathan Taylor *dream* - Wisc
JK Dobbins - Ohio State
Cam Akers - FSU
Zach Moss - Utah
AJ Dillon - BC
Darrynton Evans - Appalachian St

WR
Denzel Mims *dream* - Baylor
Lynn Bowden - Kentucky
Devin Duvernay - UT
KJ Hamler - Penn St
Tyler Johnson - Minnesota
Chase Claypool - ND

TE
I truly hope we don’t add anymore TEs. We have a crowded room already.

OT
Trey Adams - Washington
Jack Driscoll - Auburn
Jared Hilbers - Washington
Charlie Heck - North Carolina
Ben Bartch - St John’s

iOL
Robert Hunt *dream* - LA Lafayette
Tyler Biadasz - Wisc
Netane Muti - Fresno St
Logan Sternberg - Kentucky

Edge
Zach Baun *dream* - Wisc
Bradlee Anae - Utah
Kenny Willekes - MSU
Alex Highsmith - Charlotte
Carter Coughlin - Minnesota

DL
Justin Madubuike *dream* - A&M
James Lynch - Baylor
Marlon Davidson - Auburn
Leki Fotu -Utah

LB
Logan Wilson - Wyoming
Akeem Davis Gaither - Appalachian St
Malik Harrison - Ohio St
Joe Bachie - MSU
CB
Trevon Diggs *dream* - Alabama
Jeff Gladney - TCU
AJ Terrell- Clemson
Darnay Holmes - UCLA
Amik Robertson - LA Tech
Harrison Hand - Temple

S
Kyle Dugger *dream* - Lenoir Rhyne
Jeremy Chinn - Southern Illinois
Antoine Winfield Jr - Minnesota
Tanner Muse - Clemson
Ashtyn Davis - Cal

badboy

Hall of Fame
INFO: Gladney just had meniscus surgery. Played most of season with the tear. Free agency could impact this roster more than any other recent years.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
INFO: Gladney just had meniscus surgery. Played most of season with the tear. Free agency could impact this roster more than any other recent years.
That explains why Gladney didn't run as fast as I thought he would. Maybe this helps Gladney fall to 52.

Childress79

Waterboy
QB
Agree that re-signing McCarron is a better option than using a pick

RB: if they bring back Hyde then I think they spend a 4th or 5th on a back to eat some carries/spare Carlos. If they don't then I think the 2nd or 3rd is spent on RB
AJ Dillon
Cam Akers
James Robinson
Joshua Kelley
Antonio Gibson
Michael Warren

WR: WR shouldnt be a need with Hopkins, Fuller and Stills but with Fuller and Stills upcoming free agency and Fuller's injury history it is a need.
Denzel Mims
Donovan Peoples-Jones
Chase Claypool
Michael Pittman
Tyrie Cleveland

SWR: With Coutee looking bustish and Deandre Carter being nothing special the Texans could use some help at slot wr.
Devin DuVernay
Jalen Reagor
KJ Hamler
KJ Osborn

TE
Agree that TE is not a need for the Texans given they have 2 viable starters and a prospect with potential (and Fells as a FA)

OL: Im hoping that the Texans are able to select a replacement for Fulton at RG who would allow them to shed his salary
Robert Hunt
Solomon Kindley
Michael Onwenu
Tyre Phillips
Kevin Dotson
Gage Cervenka

NT
Would like to see Reader back but if that doesn't happen I think somebody like Andrew Billings or even Ashawn Robinson makes sense as FAs. Might be interested in Bravvion Roy late as a developmental DL though.

DE: Don't see much in the way of DE outside of Kinlaw and Brown who will be waaaayy long gone. The following are longer NTs who could provide some of what Reader did at DE on run downs.
Raekwon Davis
Jordan Elliott
Nick Coe
Leki Fotu
James Lynch

OLB/JACK: Lewis, Taylor and Okwara would be immediate improvements to the pass rush over Scarlett but likely at the price of the run defense.
Terrell Lewis
Darrell Taylor
Julian Okwara
Jon Greenard
Jabari Zuniga
Oluwole Betiku

ILB: The Texans could use some LB with range and the quickness to cover better than McKinney/Cunningham/Cole
Akeem Davis-Gaither
Davion Taylor
Cameron Brown

S: Reid is the present and future at FS. These players would be chess pieces against TEs or in the box SSs.
Jeremy Chinn
Kyle Dugger
BrandonJones
Antoine Brooks
Brian Cole

CB: Ojemudia was a surprise at the combine that could be an option as a press corner. All listed are boundary corners except for Guidry & Taylor who I think outplay their draft position for somebody.
Michael Ojemudia
Jeff Gladney
AJ Terrell
Troy Pride
Jaylon Johnson
Harrison Hand
Javelin Guidry
Levonte Taylor

Last edited:
QB
Agree that re-signing McCarron is a better option than using a pick

RB: if they bring back Hyde then I think they spend a 4th or 5th on a back to eat some carries/spare Carlos. If they don't then I think the 2nd or 3rd is spent on RB
AJ Dillon
Cam Akers
James Robinson
Joshua Kelley
Antonio Gibson
Michael Warren

WR: WR shouldnt be a need with Hopkins, Fuller and Stills but with Fuller and Stills upcoming free agency and Fuller's injury history it is a need.
Denzel Mims
Donovan Peoples-Jones
Chase Claypool
Michael Pittman
Tyrie Cleveland

SWR: With Coutee looking bustish and Deandre Carter being nothing special the Texans could use some help at slot wr.
Devin DuVernay
Jalen Reagor
KJ Hamler
KJ Osborn

TE
Agree that TE is not a need for the Texans given they have 2 viable starters and a prospect with potential (and Fells as a FA)

OL: Im hoping that the Texans are able to select a replacement for Fulton at RG who would allow them to shed his salary
Robert Hunt
Solomon Kindley
Michael Onwenu
Tyre Phillips
Kevin Dotson
Gage Cervenka

NT
Would like to see Reader back but if that doesn't happen I think somebody like Andrew Billings or even Ashawn Robinson makes sense as FAs. Might be interested in Bravvion Roy late as a developmental DL though.

DE: Don't see much in the way of DE outside of Kinlaw and Brown who will be waaaayy long gone. The following are longer NTs who could provide some of what Reader did at DE on run downs.
Raekwon Davis
Jordan Elliott
Nick Coe
Leki Fotu
James Lynch

OLB/JACK: Lewis, Taylor and Okwara would be immediate improvements to the pass rush over Scarlett but likely at the price of the run defense.
Terrell Lewis
Darrell Taylor
Julian Okwara
Jon Greenard
Jabari Zuniga
Oluwole Betiku

ILB: The Texans could use some LB with range and the quickness to cover better than McKinney/Cunningham/Cole
Akeem Davis-Gaither
Davion Taylor
Cameron Brown

S: Reid is the present and future at FS. These players would be chess pieces against TEs or in the box SSs.
Jeremy Chinn
Kyle Dugger
BrandonJones
Antoine Brooks
Brian Cole

CB: Ojemudia was a surprise at the combine that could be an option as a press corner. All listed are boundary corners except for Guidry & Taylor who I think outplay their draft position for somebody.
Michael Ojemudia
Jeff Gladney
AJ Terrell
Troy Pride
Jaylon Johnson
Harrison Hand
Javelin Guidry
Levonte Taylor
Nice variety. I really like your DB selection. There are some names that I’m unfamiliar with at some of the other positions.