Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Proof that the Texans were in panic mode at draft

Status
Not open for further replies.
HoneymoonIsOver said:
if the texans werent in panic mode on the days leading up to the draft, then why didn't they have the foresight to approach New Orleans about a swapping of #1 and #2 picks? We knew that they already had a bunch of cap space tied up on Deuce and Bennett. We could have just simply traded our #1 pick and a 6th or 7th round pick to New Orleans for Bennett and the #2 overall pick. That would have been a much shrewder move. You would save a bit of money by drafting Mario #2, New Orleans gets Bush and drops the cap space of Bennett. I think from a football standpoint it sends a better message to your players and staff and from a public relation standpoint is sends a much better message to your fans and even the media.

As many have said, we couldn't trade the pick because they didn't want it enough. We obviously thought Mario was the better player and better fit for our team, so we took him.

HoneymoonIsOver said:
Wouldnt that have made more sense? All it would have taken is one single phone call to the New Orleans FO and it could have happened. The New Orleans FO wouldnt want to give up anything to move up except dumping a player they would no longer need if they drafted Bush. Just thought it was a good idea and something that any smart GM would have thought of if they were indeed higher on Mario than Bush for the team.

I think we probably went through every scenario before the draft and I'm sure we did atleast mention the possibility of trading to New Orleans.

HoneymoonIsOver said:
I hope Mario kicks arse but I feel sorry for the guy with all the pressure on him and for Kubes if this doesnt work out. He might not be around too long if Mario is a bust...id say he will be gone Year 3 if the team still stinks and Mario is only an average DE or worse.....ESPECIALLY if Bush blows up
Yes I do feel sorry for Mario with all the pressure and the media on him, but if he turns out to be a bust it won't cost Kubes a job. The way it will cost him a job is if 3 years from now we haven't become a winning team, and we are still the laughing stock of the nfl.

HoneymoonIsOver said:
listen...the texans were in panic mode in the weeks leading up to the draft...mcnair made an arse of himself and Kubes at the Vince Young - UT Pro Day 'Dog and Pony Show' put on purely to placate the VY supporters...they hadnt even picked a guy until 24 hours before the draft YET they insist that they get a deal done pre draft...make up your freakin mind and pick the damn guy and get him signed...they tried to save money by pitting two players against each other and both sides got burned in a game of high stakes poker...here is how it went down imho
have you heard of the a new game called poker?
mcnair and co. wanted Bush but not for 30million guaranteed. Bush and his agent came off arrogant personally towards McNair and with all the negative publicity McNair figured that he had a bit more leverage and then started using the 2 players against each other and Bush's agent called McNair's bluff.

McNair is a proud billionaire and not a moron, but I think he wasnt about to lose in a pissing contest against a 22yr old and his greedy agent. They had a need at DE and made the deal because basically McNair didnt want Bush and the baggage that comes with him. Not to mention he probably only touches the ball 15-20 times a game.

Listen, my thing isnt that they passed on Bush but to take an underachieving DE at #1 overall in a deep draft is a move they may live to regret. I am sorry I am not one of the mindless automoton sheep that blindly praise and support even the most assanine (sic) moves that this franchise has made in the last 4+ years...if the guys had a track record of making sound decisions I would be given to give the benefit of the doubt but we have made a laughingstock out of the franchise.

On a positive note, Williams is a player at the position we probably had the most need at so I dont fault the position just the player and no DE was worth the #1 overall pick in this draft..Williams is a workout warrior and I can think of another workout warrior and his name is Babin and that hasnt worked out too well now has it? well Williams is Babin sans tattoo addiction and fair skin...that is what he has shown on the football field and last time I checked games were still played on the football field and not in weight rooms, laboratories and scout's stopwatches...

nice contradictory of yourself.. one you are saying we are in panic mode the next thing you are saying the Texans are taking a player with their most need.. BTW..if we traded down. we dont' get mario plain and simple

which is it?

Do you know how they chose who gets to play on Monday/Sunday nights?? I'll give you a hint......... it has nothing to do with the roster. It's about the W-L.

If monday night games only have to do with win loss records, explain to me why green ay gets 2 mnf games...the raiders get 2 mnf games, the eales get 2 mnf games, st louis, the jets, the cards for crying out loud, the ravens, and the saints who won one game more than the texans get a mnf game. I see what you are trying to say but maybe you tried to prove your point the wrong way.:hunter:

texansfaninla said:
If they resurrected Adolf Hitler and hired him as head coach, some people on this board would post things like, "Great move - I don't care what the media thinks. He's a terrific motivator and has a great offensive mind.

No only is your post complete nonsense, it's also wrong. Adolf Hitler had absolutely no "great offensive mind", one of the reasons the Third Reich fell apart.

So, stop speculating about what other fans "believe" and get your history right. Else you'll just look ignorent :)

Malloy said:
No only is your post complete nonsense, it's also wrong. Adolf Hitler had absolutely no "great offensive mind", one of the reasons the Third Reich fell apart.

So, stop speculating about what other fans "believe" and get your history right. Else you'll just look ignorent :)

I don't know man....that whole blitzkrieg attack across Europe thing seemed to work ok for him....i think i would have to say defense is where is psycho ass was lacking.

JAXwithanX said:
I don't know man....that whole blitzkrieg attack across Europe thing seemed to work ok for him....i think i would have to say defense is where is psycho ass was lacking.

Nope, that was part of the problem. The theory of Blitzkrieg is fast moving attack that keeps your enemy from regrouping. That worked fine but where did it get the German Wehrmacht? Real far into the Soviet Union. And where did Germany lose the war? Correct, on the east front. Another factor to the demise of the Third Reich was that Hitler started a two-front war. Two-front war + outstretched supplies against an increasingly strong Soviet army = Bad tictacs, horrible offensive mind. Hitler did not invent the concept of Blitzkrieg, he was just fortunate enough to lead Germany, a country renowned for it's brilliant military leaders.

Malloy said:
Nope, that was part of the problem. The theory of Blitzkrieg is fast moving attack that keeps your enemy from regrouping. That worked fine but where did it get the German Wehrmacht? Real far into the Soviet Union. And where did Germany lose the war? Correct, on the east front. Another factor to the demise of the Third Reich was that Hitler started a two-front war. Two-front war + outstretched supplies against an increasingly strong Soviet army = Bad tictacs, horrible offensive mind. Hitler did not invent the concept of Blitzkrieg, he was just fortunate enough to lead Germany, a country renowned for it's brilliant military leaders.

lol. i was more or less making a casual remark about the war. can we say then his offense was good....just a little too aggressive then? we'll call them the phoenix suns of war history (even though that aggression hasn't exactly backfired on them yet).

but question....if Hitler wasn't making any strategic war decisions (which i agree with)....then it was the military leaders making the mistake of spreading their army too thin....thus somewhat nullifying them being 'brilliant.'

JAXwithanX said:
but question....if Hitler wasn't making any strategic war decisions (which i agree with)....then it was the military leaders making the mistake of spreading their army too thin....thus somewhat nullifying them being 'brilliant.'

The other way around. Hitler was horrible at making strategic decisions, hence the 2-front hell. It was only due to a very capable army that it lasted as long as it did. :)

Malloy said:
The other way around. Hitler was horrible at making strategic decisions, hence the 2-front hell. It was only due to a very capable army that it lasted as long as it did. :)

interesting....umm topic...errr....yeah the Texans weren't in panic mode....what in the **** would they have to panic about....its not like someone in front of them in the draft pulled the rug out from under their pick. this topic is dumb....i can see arguing whether it was the wrong pick....but the idea of the FO 'panicking' is ridiculous. they didn't realize two days before the draft 'wait....we did lose that game to the 49'ers....oh ****"

JAXwithanX said:
interesting....umm topic...errr....yeah the Texans weren't in panic mode....what in the **** would they have to panic about....its not like someone in front of them in the draft pulled the rug out from under their pick. this topic is dumb....i can see arguing whether it was the wrong pick....but the idea of the FO 'panicking' is ridiculous. they didn't realize two days before the draft 'wait....we did lose that game to the 49'ers....oh ****"

Mcnair: Hey guys, I just saw on ESPN that we have the first pick?!?!

Kubiak: We have what what ?

Mcnair: Yeah, they said that we were to make the first pick yhis year!

Kubiak: damnit, I had no idea, what to do?

HoneymoonIsOver said:
You would save a bit of money by drafting Mario #2

The same way New Orleans saved a bit of money by drafting Reggie Bush #2?

The bottom line was that if we passed on Bush, New Orleans would get him and they did.

Reggie Bush.....:deadhorse #1 pick......:deadhorse......We blew it :deadhorse

I think this sums the thread up.

Oh...almost forgot.......we passed up a once in a lifetime athlete :violin

Battle Red Bull said:
Reggie Bush.....:deadhorse #1 pick......:deadhorse......We blew it :deadhorse

I think this sums the thread up.

Oh...almost forgot.......we passed up a once in a lifetime athlete :violin

Who is having Hammy problems and is being held out of TC. Oh, well, I guess we missed another injury case that we specialize in.

Ibar_Harry said:
Who is having Hammy problems and is being held out of TC. Oh, well, I guess we missed another injury case that we specialize in.

Yeah...I heard that on 610 this morning on the Sportsflash. Seems like they kinda rushed through the report.

the link

Reggie Bush's strained left hamstring limited his involvement in the New Orleans Saints' rookie minicamp for the second consecutive day.
Bush stood on the side and watched as others went through two practices, referring to a list of plays he carried in his hand, then riding a stationary bike.

The Heisman Trophy winner and second pick in last month's NFL draft felt tightness in the hamstring as he stretched prior to the team's first workout Saturday and worked in just a few drills in the first practice. He said after Saturday's late workout that he hoped to practice Sunday, but approval never came from coaches and doctors.

"I think not just me but collectively the coaches and training staff thought, just give it a rest, get it to 100 percent before you come out here," Bush said.

Double Barrel said:
Godwin's Law has been invoked. The thread is dead. :tease:

That is funny. I am glad I kept checking in on this thread... I wasn't at first, but now I am.

The problem with why there is no proof is because some of the Nazi's escaped after the war. Since the only words that they could recognize are "BLITZ" and "BOMB", they naturally gravitated to football in the USA.

Therefore, Nazi's have suppressed the proof needed that they are not in panic mode but actually were, when a mode of panic is suspected to be needed.

Look at Godwin
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mike_Godwin

blue eyes... tells the whole story.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back