Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Pro Football Focus Mock Draft

The Brown pick would be a disaster. He will be exposed in the NFL preseason, much less an actual game. The other 2 picks look like overdrafts. Blanding is not a great athlete and Wims is really inexperienced. There will be better safeties and receivers in the late 3rd round.

If Texans select Brown with Kolton Miller still on the board I would likely go into a expletive tirade that would last until our next pick.

Brown natural position will probably be RT in the NFL. Texans seem real high on Davenport development as a LT. I could think of worse things to have than a pair of big ass bookend tackles :barman:

New updated Mock Draft:

3a. Kolton Miller OT UCLA - Some love him, some hate him, I'm fine with the pick.

3b. Austin Corbett OL Nevada: Love this pick. Versatile player with huge upside, had a good Senior Bowl week.

3c. Tre'Quan Smith WR UCF: Love this pick. Some will say he went a round sooner than he should have but he has a similar build to Hopkins, very athletic, fast, can high point the ball, and has long arms. Great insurance for if anything happens to Hopkins and a big receiver to have in the WR core. (Only 6'1 but he plays big)

4. Quin Blanding S Virginia: I'm fine with the pick.

6a. Mark Walton RB Miami: Great value pick, extremely underrated, can make defenders miss with ease and can be whatever Tyler Ervin was supposed to be.

6b. Brian Allen C/G Michigan State: Great depth and value pick. Graded out better as a guard than he did a center. (88.0 to 86.7) I personally think he's overlooked to have fallen this far.

6c. Teo Redding WR Bowling Green: Similar player to Tre'Quan Smith, very athletic, huge vertical jump, will make his money as a red zone threat because of how well he high points the ball. He's only 190 and will need to add weight. Reminds me of LeStar Jean.

7. Tarvarus Mcfadden CB FSU: I'm fine with it, developmental CB late in the draft.
They have Jamarcus King CB from South Carolina and Joseph Notebook OT TCU still on the board at this pick, would have preferred to have gone in either of those directions.

Liked this mock a lot, actually. If this happened, I'd feel very confident in the direction of this team moving forward.

Back