Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Preview: Titans vs. Texans - Round 2

Arky

Veteran
Didn't see this thread yet, so here goes:

map17.png

Rumors that CJ Stroud may return to action this week. Texans currently favored by 4 to 5 points.

Should be noted at this time of year, bubble teams that need to win sometimes don't - losing sometimes to lesser rated teams. Happens every year. Hopefully, the Texans find a way to take care of business and set up a showdown with the Colts in Week 18.

Last edited:
Should be noted at this time of year, bubble teams that need to win sometimes don't - losing sometimes to lesser rated teams. Happens every year.
I don't think Vrabel is a good coach, but every now and then he does something good coaches do... like not getting swept by a bubble team.

It's looking like CJ is going to play, so I'll say this will be a win (even though our entire front four didn't practice today). Texans by 7.

Can we have a game thread that clarifies the game preview thread and the game day thread? And which one will be pinned? Can we put the process in the Forum Rules thread? Is there a shadow ban for posting in the preview thread during the game? It's only been like 20 years. How have we not established these rules in writing by now? This place is devolving into chaos. I've heard Amy Adams already got this figured out on the Oilers - er, Titans fan board.

Dude why the **** you get so damn worked up. It was a simple question. Good grief get over yourself

Ain’t no one get worked up over it, “dude”. If you want to ask the “simple” questions, be my guest.

And it’s YOU that has started the last FOUR game day threads and you’re the one asking that question?? WTF??? I seriously wonder sometimes if it’s just some of yall trying to be funny or you’re posting while under the influence or if the mental capacity just really isn’t there.

This thread goes up and the first thing you’re worried about is whether it’s a preview thread or a game day thread, FOUR days BEFORE the game? I’m just trying to understand why that’s so difficult to figure out.

Can we have a game thread that clarifies the game preview thread and the game day thread? And which one will be pinned? Can we put the process in the Forum Rules thread? Is there a shadow ban for posting in the preview thread during the game? It's only been like 20 years. How have we not established these rules in writing by now? This place is devolving into chaos. I've heard Amy Adams already got this figured out on the Oilers - er, Titans fan board.
I think we got a mole.

I usually starts up both, but some members wants to get started right away. Which is all good. On Sunday I’ll create a Game Day thread.

As I understand it, the entire starting front four didn’t practice yesterday. Hopefully, at least the tackles end up playing. If not, Henry is going to be out for blood and will likely get it.

on offense, it’s all about CJ. If he plays, I favor the Texans. If he doesn’t, I favor the Titian’s. Losing Tank was huge, but if the rest of the guys are relatively healthy and ready…CJ can still move the ball and put up some numbers on the board.

early prediction including CJ playing - Texans 27, Titans 17.

As I understand it, the entire starting front four didn’t practice yesterday. Hopefully, at least the tackles end up playing. If not, Henry is going to be out for blood and will likely get it.

on offense, it’s all about CJ. If he plays, I favor the Texans. If he doesn’t, I favor the Titian’s. Losing Tank was huge, but if the rest of the guys are relatively healthy and ready…CJ can still move the ball and put up some numbers on the board.

early prediction including CJ playing - Texans 27, Titans 17.

Even with CJ, who's he throwing to? Even if Collins plays he's likely not near 100%, Woods has pretty much been a ghost lately, Brown is alright when he catches the ball, that's always iffy, and that's pretty much it. I think you're pretty much forced to get Schultz and Singletary more involved and I don't know if that's enough, unless they can get a ground game going again.

Defense is a mess. The "unofficial" depth chart has KJ and Amos as your starting safeties. As you mentioned, the entire DL didn't practice and the LBs are still the same can't cover anybody crew we've been dealing with all season. The Texans got to Levis 7 times but with maybe no Greenard, maybe no Collins, hell, that was 4 of the 7 sacks they had.

I do think the Texans will play it the same way. Shut down and swarm Henry and make Levis beat you. Just hope they have enough warm bodies to make an attempt.

Same with the offense. Titans did have 4 sacks but CJ has better escapability than Case. Still, CJ was sacked 13 times in his last 3 games. Just don't need to see him taking that kind of pounding.

With all the injuries it's just hard to figure out what to expect anymore. It's weird that we're fighting for a spot in the playoffs with an active roster fit for a preseason game.

If Kareem Jackson is toast to ya'll I'd love to know what you'd call some of the defensive backs that have passed through since him and Joseph left. I thought he had a great season in 2018 his last year here, then the hit he laid on Hopkins in the 2019 Denver game was vicious and clean laid his ass out, love it that they brought him back

Just win, don't give them the pleasure of probably ending our season.

Humiliating them would be awesome... but they are Titans fans.... Im sure it's plenty humiliating finding out your "family tree" is more like a "family diamond".... awful lot of overlap.... yet still they face the day.

Looking pretty grim for our defense so far this week.

Player..........................................Wed..Thu

Will Anderson......DE..Ankle,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,DNP..DNP
Maliek Collins.....DT..Hip,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,DNP..DNP
Jonathan Greenard..DE..Ankle....................DNP..DNP
Sheldon Rankins....DT..Ankle....................DNP..DNP
Steven Nelson......CB..Foot / Hamstring / Hand..DNP..DNP

At least Cashman & Perryman are back for light practices. Stroud had a full practice today.

I put a call into Janice McNair but she referred me to Hannah McNair

Even with CJ, who's he throwing to? Even if Collins plays he's likely not near 100%, Woods has pretty much been a ghost lately, Brown is alright when he catches the ball, that's always iffy, and that's pretty much it. I think you're pretty much forced to get Schultz and Singletary more involved and I don't know if that's enough, unless they can get a ground game going again.

Defense is a mess. The "unofficial" depth chart has KJ and Amos as your starting safeties. As you mentioned, the entire DL didn't practice and the LBs are still the same can't cover anybody crew we've been dealing with all season. The Texans got to Levis 7 times but with maybe no Greenard, maybe no Collins, hell, that was 4 of the 7 sacks they had.

I do think the Texans will play it the same way. Shut down and swarm Henry and make Levis beat you. Just hope they have enough warm bodies to make an attempt.

Same with the offense. Titans did have 4 sacks but CJ has better escapability than Case. Still, CJ was sacked 13 times in his last 3 games. Just don't need to see him taking that kind of pounding.

With all the injuries it's just hard to figure out what to expect anymore. It's weird that we're fighting for a spot in the playoffs with an active roster fit for a preseason game.
I would like to see Xavier Hernandez do an Amari Cooper on Tennessee. But then again I want a lot of impossible things

And other times he does something completely asinine like wearing Bum's hat. To hell with that jack-off. I hope we completely humiliate the Titans.
Wait, aren't you interested in what he will be wearing this time? I want to know if the stadium fans are going to sing "Houston Oilers Houston Oilers Houston Oilers number one. We've got the offense. We've got the defense...

well you get it right?

If Kareem Jackson is toast to ya'll I'd love to know what you'd call some of the defensive backs that have passed through since him and Joseph left. I thought he had a great season in 2018 his last year here, then the hit he laid on Hopkins in the 2019 Denver game was vicious and clean laid his ass out, love it that they brought him back
Well aren't you going to list the defensive backs that have passed through since him and Joseph left so we can tell you what we think?

Looking pretty grim for our defense so far this week.

Player..........................................Wed..Thu

Will Anderson......DE..Ankle,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,DNP..DNP
Maliek Collins.....DT..Hip,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,DNP..DNP
Jonathan Greenard..DE..Ankle....................DNP..DNP
Sheldon Rankins....DT..Ankle....................DNP..DNP
Steven Nelson......CB..Foot / Hamstring / Hand..DNP..DNP

At least Cashman & Perryman are back for light practices. Stroud had a full practice today.
Did not know that the cash man and Perryman were back. That could be really good

Titans game final injury report.

Jonathan Greenard..OUT

Will Anderson......QUESTIONABLE
Maliek Collins.....QUESTIONABLE
Steven Nelson......QUESTIONABLE
Sheldon Rankins....QUESTIONABLE
Andrew Beck........QUESTIONABLE

Back