Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Preseason Gm 2: the Rams

Allen and Driskel fit the part more than Mills.

Mills is trash! he stares down his WR. Zero attempt to go through his progression then delivers inaccurate pass. WTF is that! He seems lazy in the pocket

A duck with diarrhea has more zip than the jump ball he threw that resulted on that TD.

I dont like him! I am not sugarcoating nothing!

DanielTx

Veteran
My game summary

Mills might not be the guy. 2 games of mediocrity.

Kyle Allen looked sharp.

Stingley was solid and didn’t allow any catches in man. Cover 2 is a different story.

Driskel did a great job at sealing the game.

Rivers with a sack in both games making him the most impressive player so far.

Other than that, we played against 2nd & 3rd stringers. Our key starters weren’t out there also. Great win to build team chemistry.

Haha maybe, he had a touch down at the very least. Had a solid rookie campaign, too early to eliminate him
Yeah helped by 45 yard pass interferance and he threw a jump ball. 1st stingers would have batted that down... u know it. u know it...... don't deny

The guy does not go to his progression. He stares from snap to end.... ONE DIRECTION. Review the tape all 9 drives same thing. One trick Canadien football league pony.

Yes his our QB I get it......... sad sack shiz! Casario needs to get Jimmy G.

Another massive bust at the QB position for the Texans!

TheMatrix31

Hall of Fame
On the play the Rams were going for 2, they had a penalty and they ended up deciding to kick the extra point instead as they moved back.

My question is, and I wonder did this change? But I could have sworn if a penalty like that happened during the play that means the play was over. It wasn't a pre-snap penalty that moved them back. Was it a change? Or just special rules for when a two point conversion is being attempted?

My opinion on the game is that preseason sucks and thank God there's only 3 of them this year. At least no major injuries that we saw. So that's good. That's about it.

TheRealJoker

Hall of Fame
I don’t know what’s up with Mills, but he doesn’t look very confident to me.
I would like to think that is due to some of the starters he has been developing chemistry with being out for the preseason game action. But maybe coming into this season as “the guy” is causing some jitters?

Davis Mills hardly looked like a starting QB and Barry Sanders in his prime couldn't run behind our offensive line. I realise we are without some starters but we had more starters playing in the first half than the Rams did. There is hardly anything good to take away from the first half of this game. At least not in my opinion.
You keep saying this like its fact just b/c you heard the LA announcers say it....ask yourself this...what media nation wide has an actual pulse on the Houston Texans???

We had Mills, Nico, and Jordan starting for our offense....and Mack if u actually think he his starter quality...our entire starting Oline didnt play ONE SINGLE SNAP. No Tunsil, No Green, No Britt, No T. Howard...

Perhaps you should check before spewing ram announcers garbage to make their teams fans feel better about themselves. I was calling for the Texans to take Mills out b/c that sorry arse excuse of a LG scharping almost got him killed MULTIPLE times.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
Me neither Earl. I am not sure our O line is good enough to generate openings for most running backs to get much of a run game going!
All I know is the feed I am watching says that most of our starters are playing most of the Rams back ups.
Your feed is wrong.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
Davis Mills hardly looked like a starting QB and Barry Sanders in his prime couldn't run behind our offensive line. I realise we are without some starters but we had more starters playing in the first half than the Rams did. There is hardly anything good to take away from the first half of this game. At least not in my opinion.
The ol is kind of important and the starting left side of the ol didn't play tonight. Put that together with Cooks not playing and you get what we saw last night. Caserio has to find another wr.

Lucky

Ride, Captain, Ride!
Staff member
Scharping didn’t even block the guy.
It think Scharping’s days are numbered.
The magic number for Scharping should be zero.
I really feel like we missed an opportunity to write a book “The **** Spencer Tillman says.”
There's a thread somewhere from a past preseason game where we tried to catalog the Spencerisms.
NFL preseason is the worst product in sports....
Yes. But it wasn't always this bad.
He used a new one tonight that I haven’t heard- “staccatoness”😂😂
That's a winner!
Drew Dougherty said they're not playing Pierce because they've seen what they needed to see.
This drives me crazy. The 4th round rookie is put in bubble wrap after 5 preseason carries? Doesn't the kid need to work on protections? Running routes? Good grief, Charlie Brown. You come into the preseason thinking things are going to be different. And then get Lucyed, again.

JB

Innocent Bystander
Contributor's Club
Reading through this thread is absolutely hilarious! Some of you folk I worry if you still have a pulse or did you have a stroke instead? Seems you forgot the preseason games are to evaluate the end of the roster chaff. It's not that serious as you make it out to be. Lighten up and don't expect so much for what we all know will be a crappy team. Texans suck so get used to it. Any improvement over last year will be a hell of an accomplishment. Anyone expecting them to compete this season is going to be miserable all year. Good luck with your disappointment

76Texan

Hall of Fame
I don't think any of the Rams defensive starters played either.

Collins's TD was over a rookie 6th rounder, no.6 Derion Kendrick.

Their starters on D include a couple of 2nd stringers, some 2nd-yr players who seldom played last year or were on their PS, rookies, and even some UDFAs this year.

Their defensive players during the first two drives:
Earnest Brown 90, Jake Gervase 39, Jake Hummel 59, Benton Whitley 51, Russ Yeast 43, Brayden Thomas 98, Jonah Williams 92, Cobie Durant 14, Michael Hoetch 97, Keir Thomas 96, TJ Carter 20,

Look them up because I doubt any of us know any of those names.

IDEXAN

Hall of Fame
Contributor's Club
So I watched the game last night with Houston announcing crew and again this morning with the L.A. crew. Definitely a different perspective. The thing that strikes me the most is I have much more confidence in Lovie/Pep than ever had in Culley/Kelly.
I take it the LA crew were insufferable homers ?
So I don't have NFLNet either therefor watched the game on local 13 but I do have Prime video so guess I will get Michaels Thursday night for the 49rs game where I expect to see both teams starters for a meaningful # of plays.
And I do agree with you about Lovie as this is an experienced NFL HC, a real pro we've finally got at the helm now.

Porky

Hall of Fame
Woke up this morning and yep Mills is still trash. Paging Bryce Young, CJ Stroud and Will Levis to the game thread stat.

Porky

Hall of Fame
The magic number for Scharping should be zero.

There's a thread somewhere from a past preseason game where we tried to catalog the Spencerisms.

Yes. But it wasn't always this bad.

That's a winner!

This drives me crazy. The 4th round rookie is put in bubble wrap after 5 preseason carries? Doesn't the kid need to work on protections? Running routes? Good grief, Charlie Brown. You come into the preseason thinking things are going to be different. And then get Lucyed, again.
Agree with all of this. It’s now clear that Lovie has his new starting RB, but the young man needs some more live bullets. I hope he at least plays the first qtr next week. Yes there is an injury risk, but when weighing risks, it’s more risky to not play him.

76Texan

Hall of Fame
Basically, the Rams were playing guys that they want to find out more about in live action, on both sides of the ball.

Most of them will be gone shortly.
A few may stick on the roster, especially on the back end as they played 14 DBs last year at one point or another due to injury or ineptitude, and some of those guys are gone during the off-season.

So much so that they're hoping a fourth-rounder from last year would emerge as a starter this year.

Speedy

Former Yeller Dweller
Nico Collins was selected Rising Star last night. Also shout out to y'all on the boards here it's been a few years away.
It’s gonna be important for Nico to make the jump this year, because after him and Cooks, there ain’t much there. So it was nice to see the production he had last night. Harder to judge going against reserves, but still.

Could not agree with this more. I may feel a little differently about it if they were doing joint practices, but they’re not. Don’t know how much you can learn going against your own at less than full game speed. That’s what the pre-season game is supposed to be for. To get you seeing things at that speed.