Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Preseason Game 3 Thread: Texans @ Broncos

Malloy said:
Marcus, stop that right now!! :)

But don't you think it's kinda weird that it was Lundy that played the entire first half, and Morency only came in the 2nd?

Marcus said:
But don't you think it's kinda weird that it was Lundy that played the entire first half, and Morency only came in the 2nd?

At first I did wonder about it. I've come to believe that the reason for this is that Morency IS the starter and Kubiak wanted to give Lundy some serious game time. Give Lundy the chance, give Morency some rest. :)

It seems the only difference in this game or the stupid mistakes made by the Texans. The mistake by alfred to turn 3 points into 7, and to defensive aproachments to give the broncos a first down, and the countless false starts, one that took us out of a easy 4th down conversion that possible took away another 4 points..........mistakes, mistakes, mistakes. I think our team was too nervous playing their coaches old team.

Carr Bomb said:
It seems the only difference in this game or the stupid mistakes made by the Texans. The mistake by alfred to turn 3 points into 7, and to defensive aproachments to give the broncos a first down, and the countless false starts, one that took us out of a easy 4th down conversion that possible took away another 4 points..........mistakes, mistakes, mistakes. I think our team was too nervous playing their coaches old team.

Maybe. I hope so. This is a very good team we are playing - maybe they deserve some credit for our ineffectiveness?

TK_Gamer said:
defense giving up?

No, it's just we have Troy Evans playing on defense instead of special teams.

EDIT: Polk not looking great either. We're getting torn up over the middle.

Texas said:
So Vernand Morency is better then Domanick Davis?

Head 2 Head in this offense, I would say so. Until DD can show what he can do it's Morency's job to lose. The guy is running hard, dropping his shoulder, not dancing in the hole, and has some speed.

Runner said:
Maybe. I hope so. This is a very good team we are playing - maybe they deserve some credit for our ineffectiveness?

I don't think so, those are just stupid mistakes that shouldn't be made no matter what team your playing. Our defense looks great though. I think the LB worries are overrated, but our secondary is shaky.

We knew coming into this game that Denver had better depth then we do. This is the first year we have good depth, but this is like Denvers 8th.

The Texans got to play a tough team tonight. I love that it is happening in the preseason. I don't know when DD comes back, but when he does I think the combination of DD and Morency is more than many teams can handle.

Culter has looked good all preseason. I too am glad the Titans didn't get him. Now we just need to find someone to get David focused in the game sooner or our D better play like it did tonight.

I don't want to think of having to draft in the top 5 again.

Brandon420tx said:
We knew coming into this game that Denver had better depth then we do. This is the first year we have good depth, but this is like Denvers 8th.

Yeah, that's certainly clear now...

Back