Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Preseason... Game 1... Kansas City Chiefs!!!

JamTex

Hall Of Fame Texans Fan!
On Thursday, August 9th at 7:30pm CT, the Texans will begin this new season in Kansas City at Arrowhead Stadium against the Kansas City Chiefs! The game will be aired on the NFL Network and locally on CBS 11. Of course you can listen to the voice of the Texans Marc Vandermeer call the game live on am 610.

It's finally here boys and girls! Football is back!

How much we get to see Deshaun Watson and JJ Watt play is the question. Maybe 1 series each. The starters are usually not on the field very long in the first preseason game anyways. Clowney likely won't play at all to allow more time for his knee to heal up.
We'll get to see more of the 2s and 3s.
The battles that matter are the O-line, running backs and the tight ends on offense and the secondary on defense.
Who can step up and provide good depth in those areas? We'll be able to get a glimpse of that in this game.
Who is everyone looking forward to seeing perform? What battles are you most excited about? What rookie or free agent are you hoping can step in and help this team get to the next level?

This is for you guys and gals!
This first weekly thread means our favourite game is back!

GO TEXANS!!!

Last edited:
does anyone know of a good android app for listening to the games?

Football is back!!

tenor.gif

does anyone know of a good android app for listening to the games?
NFL Mobile has a live game (listening) option. It’s free for Verizon subscribers, so you can both watch or listen for free. Assuming you have Verizon, of course. Just letting you know if you didn’t already know...

OB knows that if Watson goes down, we are doomed. He is going to do everything in his power to keep him away from injury. He might play 1 series where we run it twice and throw it once.

11 more days until Watson, Watt and the boys take the field!
It's so good to have football back.

KC 28, Houston 13. O'Brien's teams are never ready early, and when not using Watson the offense sux.

Fulton next to Davenport will improve both positions. Henderson at RT will allow backups to improve {Jones-Smith who I'm focused on}. Kelemete will help me overlook we have no backup RG and allow time for Coyle to develop. Fuller may play RG if needed. 'keekee cutey' should send Braxton Miller elsewhere while Coates, Vincent Smith and/ or Jester Weah round out WR corps. Will Lamar Miller finally be used correctly or will any FA running back be real deal? I'm less hopeful of the latter & more hopeful of Blue or Tyler Ervin being the back up but not much more hopeful. I'm thinking #4 and WRs will take need from RB having a turn around.

On defense: I'm not so sure J. Joseph has slowed very much; Colvin, Justin Reid and Badger should do what they were selected to do and my focus will be on FA Bademosi and draft pick Jermaine Kelly to be more than many expect. There is no pressure on him this season IMO and he could be the nickle CB of future; probably ends up on PS but he can still get haircuts from former teammate Tyler Ervin. https://www.battleredblog.com/2018/...e-the-texans-treston-decoud-or-jermaine-kelly

UDFA Andre Chachere should compete well http://www.cfbstats.com/2016/player/630/1064933/index.html

Reactions: Max
Looking forward to seeing both DR and Mahomes. Won't get much more than a glimpse of either one but still wanting to see them. Mahome is the guy I wanted us to draft since DW was supposed to go to the number one of two of QBs. Never expected him to fall to us. Very glad he did.

KC 28, Houston 13. O'Brien's teams are never ready early, and when not using Watson the offense sux.

He's 2-2 in opening PS games. And who cares what the score and result is when starters play 2 series in that game? Pre-season football is not the same game as regular season football.

Get your reps in, stay healthy, figure out your 53, get ready for Sep. 9. The end.

He's 2-2 in opening PS games. And who cares what the score and result is when starters play 2 series in that game? Pre-season football is not the same game as regular season football.

Get your reps in, stay healthy, figure out your 53, get ready for Sep. 9. The end.

Yep, the score is irrelevant..you basically just want to get reps working on what you need to work on...and come out of the game healthy of coarse.

And of course there's this.

https://www.nytimes.com/2015/08/14/...-preseason-games-meaningless-spoiler-yes.html

Having said this, I do want to see improved Oline play..

I was thinking free sites, but I think I have it
I used to have that app and I don't remember paying for it. Get Sirius/XM and download the app on your phone. Baseball and Football wherever you go....Obviously not free, but...

not too many decades ago I had what was called a pocket radio. Worked for most Rockets and Astros games if I was not able to watch a TV.

I used to have that app and I don't remember paying for it. Get Sirius/XM and download the app on your phone. Baseball and Football wherever you go....Obviously not free, but...

My bad, it's the premium you have to pay for. Reviews of the new android app state it has lots of problems

Season doesn't really kick off for me until PS game 3..But i will be happy to see these guys back on the field.

On Thursday, August 9th at 7:30pm CT, the Texans will begin this new season in Kansas City at Arrowhead Stadium against the Kansas City Chiefs! The game will be aired on the NFL Network and locally on CBS 11. Of course you can listen to the voice of the Texans Marc Vandermeer call the game live on am 610.

It's finally here boys and girls! Football is back!

How much we get to see Deshaun Watson and JJ Watt play is the question. Maybe 1 series each. The starters are usually not on the field very long in the first preseason game anyways. Clowney likely won't play at all to allow more time for his knee to heal up.
We'll get to see more of the 2s and 3s.
The battles that matter are the O-line, running backs and the tight ends on offense and the secondary on defense.
Who can step up and provide good depth in those areas? We'll be able to get a glimpse of that in this game.
Who is everyone looking forward to seeing perform? What battles are you most excited about? What rookie or free agent are you hoping can step in and help this team get to the next level?

This is for you guys and gals!
This first weekly thread means our favourite game is back!

GO TEXANS!!!
Pretty sure the game will be on ABC 13, not NFLN (live at least) or CBS

Can’t wait to see our defense pick Mahommes apart. Assuming they let him play a few drives.

Pretty sure the game will be on ABC 13, not NFLN (live at least) or CBS
You're possibly right about the game being on ABC 13. At least it will be aired locally. The NFL network is slated, however, to carry all Thursday games during the season to include preseason. Who ever carries the game, I'll be watching. I'm really looking forward to seeing how the offensive line holds up and protects Watson. And if they can open running lanes for Miller and the rest of the back field. I hope there is at least some improvement over the line of last year. This, to me, is the most concerning position group. Even if the line is just around average, that's a huge improvement over last year. Watson and the running backs need at least a little better protection. That's what I'm looking at the most. We need a healthy Watson and running back group all year. The line will be key to that. Let's hope.

Last edited:
I just can't possibly see this newly formed O line performing that well in their first preseason game, so I'm giving them that. If they do look good, it will be because Watson makes them look good. That'll change quickly once another QB steps in.

Defense should show up though. Now that Crennel is back in charge I expect the defense to do better this season.

You're possibly right about the game being on ABC 13. At least it will be aired locally. The NFL network is slated, however, to carry all Thursday games during the season to include preseason. Who ever carries the game, I'll be watching. I'm really looking forward to seeing how the offensive line holds up and protects Watson. And if they can open running lanes for Miller and the rest of the back field. I hope there is at least some improvement over the line of last year. This, to me, is the most concerning position group. Even if the line is just around average, that's a huge improvement over last year. Watson and the running backs need at least a little better protection. That's what I'm looking at the most. We need a healthy Watson and running back group all year. The line will be key to that. Let's hope.

NFLN will not show any Texans preseason game live. All preseason games will be on ABC13 locally.

I just can't possibly see this newly formed O line performing that well in their first preseason game, so I'm giving them that. If they do look good, it will be because Watson makes them look good. That'll change quickly once another QB steps in.

Defense should show up though. Now that Crennel is back in charge I expect the defense to do better this season.

Tackling is usually sloppy first 1-2 preseason games due to lack of offseason contact so i'm not too worried about the defense gelling. Crennel always has one of the more disciplined sure tackling defenses in the league.

You are right about the OL though.. hopefully the swiss army knife guards we added will not need too many reps at their positions to perform well enough to keep DW4 clean.

So, is Weeden the one that will be getting the most playing time throughout the preseason? Since he’s the supposed to be backup. Is it safe to expect Watson to only play a quarter per game?

So, is Weeden the one that will be getting the most playing time throughout the preseason? Since he’s the supposed to be backup. Is it safe to expect Watson to only play a quarter per game?

Watson will get 2-3 series game #1, a couple more game #2, at least a half #3 and then maybe not at all #4 or 1-2 series.

Weedon is currently #2. He normally would get 80%+ of what's left. Hopefully they give a little more to Webb than usual. We know Weedon.

Watson will get 2-3 series game #1, a couple more game #2, at least a half #3 and then maybe not at all #4 or 1-2 series.

Weedon is currently #2. He normally would get 80%+ of what's left. Hopefully they give a little more to Webb than usual. We know Weedon.

weedon

adjective
  1. 1.
    describing the state of weed that has been in the refrigerator to long and is moldy
verb
  1. 1.
    remove unwanted offensive progress from an area of a football game.
    "I was weedon a good drive"

Tip
Similar-sounding words
weedon is sometimes confused with we'd

Attachments

• upload_2018-8-4_0-7-42.png
    upload_2018-8-4_0-7-42.png
    2.6 KB · Views: 8
We are 3 days away from the first Texans game of the preseason.
I think we're going to see some very good things that will finally give us all hope for a great season.

GO TEXANS!!!

We are 3 days away from the first Texans game of the preseason.
I think we're going to see some very good things that will finally give us all hope for a great season.

GO TEXANS!!!
I’m beyond excited! Can’t wait to see what our boys look like. I just wished we had a dual threat backup qb so we could see a decent preseason game instead of seeing sh*t ass Weeden get sacked or throw a bunch of incompletions because of the rush continuously being in his face. Maybe we can get RG3 somehow if the Ravens let him walk.

I'd honestly be thrilled with an 0-4 preseason if I could get a guarantee that nobody would get injured before opening day. I'd make that deal every year until the end of time if there was someone who could make that happen.

Preseason games do nothing for me as games. They're barely games and the Texans couldn't pay me to attend one. It's like watching two teams practice together and my interest level in the sport has really fallen off over the years. At this point I'm all in on games but I just don't want to watch a bunch of guys who mostly won't be on the roster on opening day play bad football. I'd rather go fishing or catch up on a project at the house. Maybe listen to some of it on the radio while I do something else.

I'd honestly be thrilled with an 0-4 preseason if I could get a guarantee that nobody would get injured before opening day. I'd make that deal every year until the end of time if there was someone who could make that happen.

Preseason games do nothing for me as games. They're barely games and the Texans couldn't pay me to attend one. It's like watching two teams practice together and my interest level in the sport has really fallen off over the years. At this point I'm all in on games but I just don't want to watch a bunch of guys who mostly won't be on the roster on opening day play bad football. I'd rather go fishing or catch up on a project at the house. Maybe listen to some of it on the radio while I do something else.

This is where I'm at.

The regular season product isn't as good as it used to be. The preseason is almost unwatchable. With that said I'm going to have some friends over for the start of football season.

I always enjoy watching the preseason games. Texans preseason, not too fond of other teams preseason games.

Get a look at our drafted players. Even minus high picks. Really want to see our new TE's.

Especially like to watch the free agents just to see if there are any surprises. There are always gems out there.

Can Coleman, Swanson or Pope make a showing? Erwin and Foreman are still ?. Bad feeling about Foreman. We are in dire straits at RB.

Doesn't happen very often but there is always a chance if they show up in preseason. Give em' the opportunity.

And, after all, it is finally some football to watch. :tv:

:coffee:

Looks like I will have to watch the game on either the CBS sports app, Espn app or on Facebook. And shoots I hope this booster will allow enough signal strength to watch on either one of these apps. Fingers crossed.

Just imagine paying regular price for them.

Joe Webb is an athletic player so hopefully he gets more reps than Weeden. Weeden had one of the worst preseasons ever last year. Surprised he's back, to be honest. I thought he was done after last year.

Let Weeden get a quarter and than Webb or Morris the rest of the game.

Back