Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Predict the Philadelphia Eagles vs. Texans Score

Ok, I was playing Madden the other day, Eagles vs. Texans, and usually my madden scores are pretty accurate.

Texans 117
Eagles 10

David Carr will be 34/49 have 563 yards and 6 TDs I benched him in the 4th for fumbling the ball out of bounds in the endzone, I figured the guy was worn out and needed a rest. Sage got injured on the next drive, so I put Kris Brown in at QB to finish the game.
Mario Williams will have 5 sacks, and force 2 fumbles, 1 recovered himself the other recovered by Babin 27 yards for the TD

Demeco has 3 interceptions

Of course, the Difficulty was set to the the Titans/Saints, it might be a little different if I had it at a slightly harder difficulty, but I doubt it.

Eagles 35

Texans 9

i just think our QB play wont be able to with stand all those blitz the eagles are going to be throwing our way.

Texans 21 sEagles 13. .........................I hope!:penguin: :boxing: I predict Mcrabb will be using a straw to administer his Campbell's chunky style soup after Super Mario gets thru with him!

I see it as a 17-9 victory for the Texans. And Mc Nub out 4-6 weeks after reinjuring his sternum.

Eagles 31
Texans 12

Nothing more than field goals for the Texans Im afraid. Until I see Carr make more than 4 good decisions in a row, I dont see them getting too many TD's.

AJ is a great player, but he will have a tough time getting more than 10 yard pickups against the Eagles secondary.

PhillyFan said:
Eagles 31
Texans 12

Nothing more than field goals for the Texans Im afraid. Until I see Carr make more than 4 good decisions in a row, I dont see them getting too many TD's.

AJ is a great player, but he will have a tough time getting more than 10 yard pickups against the Eagles secondary.

What is the link to the Eagles forum? I feel like trolling. Seriously.

I see the Texans winning this one 20-10. Eagles fans are all still living in the past. They are not as good as they used to be, and i will admit you had a very tough team at one time. They will come out and put some pressure on Carr early in the game but once things settle down The Texans will dominate.

TexansLucky13 said:
What is the link to the Eagles forum? I feel like trolling. Seriously.

To be honest with everyone. I think this group of Eagle fans are very well spoken and are making good arguments. I would not classify any of them as trolls.

Here is the link just in case you wanted to visit and debate a little for the opening game...

http://boards.philadelphiaeagles.com/index.php?act=idx

FYI... be ready for a very confident group. 80% of thier fan base is expecting a 10 + win margin come Sunday. I guess its to be expected though. If I was them, and didnt know anything but we are playing a 2 win team from last season.... I might think the same.

gwallaia said:
To be honest with everyone. I think this group of Eagle fans are very well spoken and are making good arguments. I would not classify any of them as trolls.

Oh, I agree.... the majority of them are respectful. But there are those couple of um that ruin it for everyone.

P.S. - I just visited a few forums for the Eagles. Mostly they consider this game an easy win, but there are many on there who are warning fans not to overlook the Texans, and reminding them that they have not played particularly well on week 1, especially a road game.

Tailgate said:
Here is the link just in case you wanted to visit and debate a little for the opening game...

http://boards.philadelphiaeagles.com/index.php?act=idx

FYI... be ready for a very confident group. 80% of thier fan base is expecting a 10 + win margin come Sunday. I guess its to be expected though. If I was them, and didnt know anything but we are playing a 2 win team from last season.... I might think the same.

And you guys see a 6 win team in the Eagles.

I see people saying that we are not as good as we used to be. No, we arent.

We are better.

Seriously. In every position except for linebacker, we are better than we were from 2000 until 2003. We are better now than we were in 2004 with the exception of TO. But if you figure supporting cast, our receivers now, are collectively better than they were in 2004.

The Eagles are going to shock a lot of people. And there will be a lot of analysts eating crow.

Although, I see Texans fans seeing their season the same way.

Should be a good game, I can hardly wait to get it underway. Offseason was waaaay too long.

McNabb will get injured then we score from the defense alone another 14 points.

Texans 31
Eagles 17

SESupergenius said:
McNabb will get injured then we score from the defense alone another 14 points.

Texans 31
Eagles 17

Erm...our backup, and even our third string quarterbacks for that matter, are better than Carr...

PhillyFan said:
Erm...our backup, and even our third string quarterbacks for that matter, are better than Carr...

Yeah...well...my mom can beat up McNabs mom. Geesh! :brickwall

parrotdawg@yahoo.com said:
Won't it be a lovely sight when the big ole scoreboard says................... Texans 17 - Eagles 10
From a Texans point of view that would indeed be lovely, but the odds of it happening are not good.

PhillyFan said:
you're kidding right? Jeff "I'm Not Gay" Garcia is your backup and seems to be touring cities faster than a Rolling Stones stadium tour, he's gone downhill ever since T.O. distanced himself from your great backup QB. A QB rating of 65 was last we've seen of hime. And AJ Feely is almost just as bad.

TexansLucky13 said:
Oh, I agree.... the majority of them are respectful. But there are those couple of um that ruin it for everyone.

P.S. - I just visited a few forums for the Eagles. Mostly they consider this game an easy win, but there are many on there who are warning fans not to overlook the Texans, and reminding them that they have not played particularly well on week 1, especially a road game.

Thank you...and yes there are always a few. I think the Eagles will take it 24-14 however not an easy win. The Texans do appear to have a decent team and have been running the ball well which does scare me a little after our game on/game off attitude last year on defense (ie - giving up only 7 yards to LT then giving up 200 yards other games). I think the Eagles are up by 3 going into the 4th quarter and seal the win with a TD after a Houston turnover...no reason for it but just a hunch.

I'm going to say it's going to be Texans 24 Eagles 20. I feel that this will be a close game, and whichever team steps up in the fourth quarter will walk away with the W. I have confidence that our defense will step up and give our offense a chance to win the game.

TexansLucky13 said:

I'm a diehard Eagles fan, and there is no such thing as an easy win in the NFL ... especially on opening weekend. Any Eagles fan who doesn't expect the Texans to come out loaded for bear is a fool. The expression we use on the Eagles Message Board for a fool who posts there is a "Tater". Feel free to use that term in your responses to trolling Philadelphia fans.

With that said, I do expect the Eagles will win in the end. The key mismatch area between the two teams is along the Line of Scrimmage (LOS). The Eagles D-line is very talented and very deep. All eight DEs and DTs will play substantial minutes, and all eight can bring serious pressure on Carr. The full eight player rotation will mean thet the Texans' O-line will constantly be seeing different looks and will be regularly facing well rested players. Carr is going to be in for a long day. His best option will be to go with 3 step drops and quick throws. If the Texans can establish a running game early, that will help Carr alot. The key question is, can they do that?

On Offense, the biggest Eagles weakness in this game is going to be the inexperience of the Eagles' WRs, but their TEs and Brian Westbrook should give Donovan McNabb plenty of non-WR targets on each passing play.

The battle between the Texans' D-line and the Eagles' O-line for control of the LOS during running plays will be key. The 2005 Eagles made no commitment to the running game, but if the Eagles are going to be successful in 2006, they will need to run in at least 45% of their offensive snaps. Westbrrok, Buckhalter and Moats are going to need to be patient and use the blocking of the Eagles' O-line to pound out a running game. The Texans are going to need to take that running game away by stuffing the running lanes. That will only happen if the Texans' D-line neutralizes the Eagles blockers and the LBs and SS come up and plug the resultant gaps. My question to you Texans fans is, "can the Texans' D accomplish that?" If they can't I think it is going to be a long afternoon for y'all.

Thoughts?

mattwill said:
I'm a diehard Eagles fan, and there is no such thing as an easy win in the NFL ... especially on opening weekend. Any Eagles fan who doesn't expect the Texans to come out loaded for bear is a fool. The expression we use on the Eagles Message Board for a fool who posts there is a "Tater". Feel free to use that term in your responses to trolling Philadelphia fans.

With that said, I do expect the Eagles will win in the end. The key mismatch area between the two teams is along the Line of Scrimmage (LOS). The Eagles D-line is very talented and very deep. All eight DEs and DTs will play substantial minutes, and all eight can bring serious pressure on Carr. The full eight player rotation will mean thet the Texans' O-line will constantly be seeing different looks and will be regularly facing well rested players. Carr is going to be in for a long day. His best option will be to go with 3 step drops and quick throws. If the Texans can establish a running game early, that will help Carr alot. The key question is, can they do that?

On Offense, the biggest Eagles weakness in this game is going to be the inexperience of the Eagles' WRs, but their TEs and Brian Westbrook should give Donovan McNabb plenty of non-WR targets on each passing play.

The battle between the Texans' D-line and the Eagles' O-line for control of the LOS during running plays will be key. The 2005 Eagles made no commitment to the running game, but if the Eagles are going to be successful in 2006, they will need to run in at least 45% of their offensive snaps. Westbrrok, Buckhalter and Moats are going to need to be patient and use the blocking of the Eagles' O-line to pound out a running game. The Texans are going to need to take that running game away by stuffing the running lanes. That will only happen if the Texans' D-line neutralizes the Eagles blockers and the LBs and SS come up and plug the resultant gaps. My question to you Texans fans is, "can the Texans' D accomplish that?" If they can't I think it is going to be a long afternoon for y'all.

Thoughts?

The Eagles are good...far from the best...You guys aren't the Steelers, the Colts or Bengals.....Any given team can win on any given sunday...In your post you are basically saying we have to play semi-perfect football to beat you guys...I disagree completely....I am not going to go into the details of what needs to be done but a lot of eagle fans are acting as if all they have to do is show up...ha....just get ready for a good game...

mattwill said:
Thoughts?
I think the bootleg will create problems for this defense as Kubiak has shown he can pick them apart (referring to the last game Kubiak and Broncos played against the Eagles) The bootlegs and counters neutralize the effectiveness of the defensive line and they will have to rely more on the linebackers (and Eagles weakness) and secondary. Now with Carr being so indecisive in throwing the ball on bootlegs, we never know what we are going to get...a passive David or a running David. Either way, if he can at least get some yardage off these bootlegs, counters and crossing patterns, then our defense will be the key. You WR's don't scare anyone and the leaves me to believe that we have a shot. We play a cover 2 now, something that McNabb has trouble with.

IMO ..if the weakness of the Eagles is WR.. well aside from Drob...Texan secondary is fairly weak also (on that side of the ball)

I think we match up fairly well defensively with strength versus strength and weakness versus weaknes.. I admit I went blank on your TE versus our LB's..

your defense versus our offense..well to me, the straw that stirs the drink is the OL versus the talent that yall have on DL.

Games are won in the trenches and so far Id say the edge goes to the Eagles on both sides. Mario will be good one day but nobody else on the Texans D Line really worries me and the O Line...well it is what it is

PhillyFan said:
You certanly proved that point last year! Especially in that one Monday night game against Seattle...what was it 49-0? Great QB play in that one...

mattwill said:

Thoughts?

Nice to see a well-thought response. I am a little concerned about your DLine, but I think we can game plan properly and minimize it's effectiveness. I'd like to add that I think our DLine will be very similar to yours in that we are quite talented there, we are pretty athletic and have very good size (average of over 295 lbs. on our starting front four), and we have good depth and will switch our guys around a decent amount to give different looks in different situations, plus I think we might even see a little 3-4 front out there like we saw against Denver and Tampa on occasion. I expect the battles in the trenches to completely be the deciding factor in this game. We have a big, athletic DL against your mammouth OLine, and you have a very explosive and athletic DLine against our relatively small and athletic OLine. The play up front and the coaching/gameplanning should be the deciding factor, and in the end it should come down to which team takes advantage of the few big play opportunities that they are presented with. As of right now I'm not real confident in our offenses' ability to do that as I haven't seen enough evidence of it in the preseason, but a lot of that depends on our ability to run the ball and use that to set up play action bootlegs in the passing game. I'm not overly worried about the Eagles running game, the only thing I'm mildly worried about on our defensive side of the ball is our DBs coverage, McNabb can find his receivers like few other people can if given the time, and he can do it quite well on the move too. Probably my #1 concern is Kris Brown's ability to hit clutch kicks in a close game.

In the end, I think our ability to gameplan against the Eagles a little better than they can gameplan against us will be the deciding factor. I think our running game will be solid enough to get the offense to accomplish what it needs to do, and I think our defense will keep the Eagles from putting up too many points and keep the game managable, plus we're at home on opening day, so here are my predictions:

Texans 20 (Kris Brown surprises thousands by hitting the game winning FG after a clutch drive at the end of the game)
Eagles 19 (big game for Akers in fantasy leagues)

Texans put up 130 rushing yards and limit the Eagles to 65 on the ground.
McNabb passes for close to 250 yards but commits a couple big mistakes trying to make/force plays that our defense capitalizes on.
Carr manages the offense effectively but doesn't put up especially great stats, the running game is working so we can use playactions and bootlegs to keep Carr on the move, help keep the target off his chest, and keep his confidence up as he isn't sitting in the pocket waiting to get hit and he's out making plays on the run and getting his confidence going.

MorKnolle said:
Nice to see a well-thought response. I am a little concerned about your DLine, but I think we can game plan properly and minimize it's effectiveness. I'd like to add that I think our DLine will be very similar to yours in that we are quite talented there, we are pretty athletic and have very good size (average of over 295 lbs. on our starting front four), and we have good depth and will switch our guys around a decent amount to give different looks in different situations, plus I think we might even see a little 3-4 front out there like we saw against Denver and Tampa on occasion. I expect the battles in the trenches to completely be the deciding factor in this game. We have a big, athletic DL against your mammouth OLine, and you have a very explosive and athletic DLine against our relatively small and athletic OLine. The play up front and the coaching/gameplanning should be the deciding factor, and in the end it should come down to which team takes advantage of the few big play opportunities that they are presented with. As of right now I'm not real confident in our offenses' ability to do that as I haven't seen enough evidence of it in the preseason, but a lot of that depends on our ability to run the ball and use that to set up play action bootlegs in the passing game. I'm not overly worried about the Eagles running game, the only thing I'm mildly worried about on our defensive side of the ball is our DBs coverage, McNabb can find his receivers like few other people can if given the time, and he can do it quite well on the move too. Probably my #1 concern is Kris Brown's ability to hit clutch kicks in a close game.

In the end, I think our ability to gameplan against the Eagles a little better than they can gameplan against us will be the deciding factor. I think our running game will be solid enough to get the offense to accomplish what it needs to do, and I think our defense will keep the Eagles from putting up too many points and keep the game managable, plus we're at home on opening day, so here are my predictions:

Texans 20 (Kris Brown surprises thousands by hitting the game winning FG after a clutch drive at the end of the game)
Eagles 19 (big game for Akers in fantasy leagues)

Texans put up 130 rushing yards and limit the Eagles to 65 on the ground.
McNabb passes for close to 250 yards but commits a couple big mistakes trying to make/force plays that our defense capitalizes on.
Carr manages the offense effectively but doesn't put up especially great stats, the running game is working so we can use playactions and bootlegs to keep Carr on the move, help keep the target off his chest, and keep his confidence up as he isn't sitting in the pocket waiting to get hit and he's out making plays on the run and getting his confidence going.

Can Carr hit the open WR if the Eagles eventually put 8 in the box to stop the run? That is something I don't know. He has yet to show up when put to the test. I think if he gets off to a good start in the game when the time comes he can do it. But if he is struggling early......

I think this game will tough on our rookies too. DeMeco will have to show up big filling those running lanes as mentioned earlier. *Itching to see this played out*

Go Texans!

SESupergenius said:
I think the bootleg will create problems for this defense as Kubiak has shown he can pick them apart (referring to the last game Kubiak and Broncos played against the Eagles) The bootlegs and counters neutralize the effectiveness of the defensive line and they will have to rely more on the linebackers (and Eagles weakness) and secondary. Now with Carr being so indecisive in throwing the ball on bootlegs, we never know what we are going to get...a passive David or a running David. Either way, if he can at least get some yardage off these bootlegs, counters and crossing patterns, then our defense will be the key. You WR's don't scare anyone and the leaves me to believe that we have a shot. We play a cover 2 now, something that McNabb has trouble with.

You guys are not Denver...get over it already. If I hear another Denver remark, Im going to smack someone.

You have 1/10th the talent of Denver, and your starting running back is a 6th round pick...

You can bootleg all you like, but the Eagles are hardly going to worry about your running game, like they did with Denver.

Please stop putting yourselves even in the same category...

run-david-run said:
You certanly proved that point last year! Especially in that one Monday night game against Seattle...what was it 49-0? Great QB play in that one...

Did you happen to see who played?

Taken a look at our roster recently?

MorKnolle said:

Im not sure if youre aware of this or not, but McNabb is one of the least mistake prone quarterbacks in NFL history.

His interception percentage is second lowest of all time.

I ‘m expecting a horrendously bad first quarter for the Texans, Carr seems to have trouble settling down in the first couple of drives. But after that I expect the Texans to get into a rhythm and start marching on offense. I also expect to see special teams do well. By the 4th quarter I am expecting a real battle. I think it will be a close game that could be decided on a bad call or penalties.

I think it will be 21-20 (hopefully Texans winning) But I would put money on this game…

Here is how I see it:

Carr's problem has been the OL in front of him. The Texans STILL don't have anything close to a good OL, and against the Eagles, that's going to hurt. The Texans have a rookie LT who was projected as an OG. He's matched up against Darren Howard (all-pro) and Trent Cole (all-rookie; 2005 rookie of the month). He's going to be in for a long game. On the inside, the Eagles have very quick 1-gap DTs in Walker, Patterson, and Bunkley. Those guys are going to give your zone blocking problems because they have ore athleticism then the guys trying to block them.

Trotter is going to play a huge role in the run defense. Te guy is the best run stuffing LB in the NFL. If the Texans want to run the ball, they are going to have to go straight at our OLBs. McCoy is young and smaller, but he has tons of speed, so it's best to just attack him head on. Dhani Jones is the guy on the strong side and is mediocre. He's not bad at run defense, but is a bit weak at the POA. Their job is to make the RB go back inside towards Trotter. If the Texans can go right at the OLBs, and avoid Trotter, they will have some success.

The Texans have one really good WR in Andre, but to be frank I don't think he'll have much of an impact. Jim Johnson is notorious for taking away other teams best WRs - Owens and Moss for instance have been non-factors against us. He has the best secondary in the NFL to work with to hut down Johnson, and our pass rush should overwhelm what is one of the worst pass blocking units in the NFL.

On the other side of the ball, I think the Texans are in a bit of trouble.

The Texans are relying heavilly on 2 rookies. Mario Williams is an absolute freak of a athlete, but alas, athleticism does not a great football player make. He's a bull rusher at this point, and a rookie. He'll be matched up against John Runyan, one of the best RTs in the NFL. Runyan is a mean, nasty, mauling RT. Historically, he's had problems with smaller, quicker speed rushers. This is a critical match up for the Texans. If Mario can cause some pressure, it would go a long way towards stopping the Eagles passing attack. Unfortunately for them, I think Runyan wins this matchup. Mario is still a rookie starting his first game in the NFL, and Runyan is the savy vet.

The rest of the OL-DL battle should be controled by the Eagles. Tra Thomas is 2nd only to Jones as a pass blocking LT. Andrews is the best young Olineman in football. At 340 pounds, he has amazing agillity and ballance. He will be the focal point of our running game, along with new starting center Jamaal Jackson. These two, along with Runyan at RT, will simply maul the Texans defense with their combined weight of over 1000 pounds.

McNabb is McNabb. He's perhaps the hardest QB in the NFL to sack with his combination of speed, elusiveness, and amazing brute strength for a QB (you will neer see a QB shrug off tacklers the way this guy does). He should have time to throw with his OL winning the war up front.

In front of him are plenty of weapons. RB Westbrook is the hardest matchup in the NFL at RB. That's not to say he's the best RB, but no other guy at his position has his unique skill set. He can take a run to the house on any play. In the passing game, he's the best there is. He runs routes like a WR. He has the hands of a WR. LBs and safetys can't cover him. CBs can't tackle him.

At WR, Brown and Stallworth present some significant problems. Robinson is one of the bright young CBs in the NFL, but after that it gets scary for the Texans. Both Brown and Stallworth will make you pay for poor coverage. DS is the XWR. He's going to be running the deep routes to open things up. Brown is the ZWR who catches the short/medium stuff. If I'm the Texans, I put Robinson 1 on 1 with Brown, and roll the FS deep with the CB on Stallworth. You don't won't to give up the big play, and Stallworth can beat any man in the NFL in a foot race.

Lastly there is LJ Smith. He's one of the best pass catching TEs n the NFL. Again, like Westbrook, he presents some real matchup problems - particularly when the two are on the field at the same time. Most teams want to put a safety on both of them, since LBs can't cover either of them. Expect LJ to have a big day working the middle as the Texans focus on stopping Westbrook.

Final score:

Eagles - 27
Texans - 13

Back