Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Pre-Season...Game 4...Los Angeles Rams!

How many QBs are they carrying?

I am absolutely STUNNED that bill OBrien doesn't have a backup plan in place
Why, at this point, does he need a backup plan? We'll carry two QB's with that Ta'amu fella on the PS. So, actually, this may be the backup plan? Or do you mean a backup plan for the backup plan? It's been less than 24hrs since Webb got hurt. How fast do you expect them to move?

Why, at this point, does he need a backup plan? We'll carry two QB's with that Ta'amu fella on the PS. So, actually, this may be the backup plan? Or do you mean a backup plan for the backup plan? It's been less than 24hrs since Webb got hurt. How fast do you expect them to move?

I expect them to have a clue no matter the scenario. Notice this doesn't really happen with Crennel?

I expect them to have a clue no matter the scenario. Notice this doesn't really happen with Crennel?
Let's see; we've had Mancz, Martin, Fulton, Howard, Kalil miss time. We've had Miller, Coutee, McCarron, Webb, Warring miss time. It's been a rough TC for the offense. I have'nt been paying attention to the defense this camp, but I don't think they've had it so rough.

How many QBs are they carrying?

I am absolutely STUNNED that bill OBrien doesn't have a backup plan in place
OK, this does get a little ridiculous. I mean, I’m no fan of OB whatsoever but this is a little much. The plan is, and always has been, AJ McCarron. Never was it Joe Webb. Webb is a special teamer who can play QB in an emergency, kinda like Shane Lechler was.

You don’t “plan” for injuries. That’s why Keenum was pulled out of a tree to play.

Watson starts, McCarron is the backup. That’s the plan. If one of those guys gets hurts, they’ll make the necessary plans to remedy. Even if Webb wasn’t on IR, which sounds like where he’s headed, he would not have been the backup to McCarron if DW4 got hurt. They would have picked up somebody.

OK, this does get a little ridiculous. I mean, I’m no fan of OB whatsoever but this is a little much. The plan is, and always has been, AJ McCarron. Never was it Joe Webb. Webb is a special teamer who can play QB in an emergency, kinda like Shane Lechler was.

You don’t “plan” for injuries. That’s why Keenum was pulled out of a tree to play.

Watson starts, McCarron is the backup. That’s the plan. If one of those guys gets hurts, they’ll make the necessary plans to remedy. Even if Webb wasn’t on IR, which sounds like where he’s headed, he would not have been the backup to McCarron if DW4 got hurt. They would have picked up somebody.

Then maybe don't play Webb in the second half of a preseason game?

Then maybe don't play Webb in the second half of a preseason game?
And do what? Play the guy who was one of the first they cut? What difference does it make? Neither one would have taken a single snap for the Texans at QB, unless the training room just fills up with QBs, in which case, the season is done. Probably done anyway if just Watson goes down, but still.

And do what? Play the guy who was one of the first they cut? What difference does it make? Neither one would have taken a single snap for the Texans at QB, unless the training room just fills up with QBs, in which case, the season is done. Probably done anyway if just Watson goes down, but still.

Yes play the guys you are going to cut like they're doing at all the other positions.

Webb was the backup at that point.

Yes play the guys you are going to cut like they're doing at all the other positions.

Webb was the backup at that point.
Still don't get what difference it makes and how you’re stunned about a plan you don’t think they have.

Still don't get what difference it makes and how you’re stunned about a plan you don’t think they have.

With mccarron still working his way back it's dumb to play the third qb so much. Now who is the backup if mccarron isn't healthy?

With mccarron still working his way back it's dumb to play the third qb so much. Now who is the backup if mccarron isn't healthy?

Generally speaking that guy isn't on the Roster until the starting QB is compromised.

AJ warmed up and is ready, he had to be held out was the discussion. Let's hate BOB for his real flaws, not for playing his special team player that is an emergency QB.

Back