Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Pre-season...Game 3...Dallas Cowboys!

JamTex

Hall Of Fame Texans Fan!
On Saturday, August 24th at 6:00 pm CST, your Houston Texans will travel to Arlington to take on the Dallas Cowboys at AT&T Stadium. The game will be aired locally on TV on KTRK ABC 13 and on radio on AM Spotrsradio 610.

According to tradition, this is supposed to be the tune-up game for the regular season. We'll see if O'Brien uses this game to get Watson, Hopkins, Watt and the others ready for game 1 against the Saints.
The starting o-line looked pretty good against the Lions front 7 and that was without Matt Kalil. Hopefully we can see even more improvement against a pretty good Dallas front 7.
Buddy Howell looked pretty good running the ball. Hopefully he can keep that up and make the roster as the #3 back, maybe even the #2 back.
How much will Bill and Tim game plan for the Cowboys in this game? Will they use the starters for more then a half of the game? Being the tune-up game, that means the coordinators tuning up as well by putting together a game plan against the Cowboys. We can be sure the Jason Garrett will game plan for the Texans. Will Bill and Tim be willing to risk injury to a starter by playing them more then a quarter or 2 to get them ready for the regular season? We'll find out Saturday.
The defense still needs to tighten some loose strings up and get better at coverage, but I think that's just one of the issues with having so many plays being run by the unknowns and not having starters on the field.
Anyways, let's get ready for the Texans to go into Jerry World and come home with a win.
It may only be pre-season, but it's still the Cowboys and it's always better to beat them and shut up those arrogant Cowboys fans.

GO TEXANS!!
BEAT THE COWBOYS!!

Last edited:
On Saturday, August 24th at 6:00 pm CST, your Houston Texans will travel to Arlington to take on the Dallas Cowboys at AT&T Stadium. The game will be aired locally on TV on KTRK ABC 13 and on radio on AM Spotrsradio 610.

According to tradition, this is supposed to be the tune-up game for the regular season. We'll see if O'Brien uses this game to get Watson, Hopkins, Watt and the others ready for game 1 against the Saints.
The starting o-line looked pretty good against the Lions front 7 and that was without Khalil Mack. Hopefully we can see even more improvement against a pretty good Dallas front 7.
Buddy Howell looked pretty good running the ball. Hopefully he can keep that up and make the roster as the #3 back, maybe even the #2 back.
How much will Bill and Tim game plan for the Cowboys in this game? Will they use the starters for more then a half of the game? Being the tune-up game, that means the coordinators tuning up as well by putting together a game plan against the Cowboys. We can be sure the Jason Garrett will game plan for the Texans. Will Bill and Tim be willing to risk injury to a starter by playing them more then a quarter or 2 to get them ready for the regular season? We'll find out Saturday.
The defense still needs to tighten some loose strings up and get better at coverage, but I think that's just one of the issues with having so many plays being run by the unknowns and not having starters on the field.
Anyways, let's get ready for the Texans to go into Jerry World and come home with a win.
It may only be pre-season, but it's still the Cowboys and it's always better to beat them and shut up those arrogant Cowboys fans.

GO TEXANS!!
BEAT THE COWBOYS!!
Why do some of you guys have such a hard-on for beating the Cowboys especially in such a totally meaningless exhibition game ?

I lived in Dallas.. The hate doesn't go both ways. They are completely indifferent towards the Texans and Houston really.
I've lived in Dallas, too. And Austin. And other places. So, we both have anecdotal evidence. Dallas's indifference is not completely organic. They go out of their way to not show Houston teams on TV. Or give space in the paper to Houston teams. As San Antonio or Austin does. Though both are heavier on the Cowboys. There is no kinship in Dallas for Houston. While in Houston, there has been a heavy Cowboy following. Which is why those of us that would be indifferent to Dallas, have not been able to. They're in our face.

My observation is that it’s more about the obnoxious, in your face, pricks of a fan base they have here. And this coming from a Cowboys fan, though I’ve become less and less of one over the years because of Jerry.

5 rings this, 5 rings that, even though they haven’t won one in a quarter century. And of course, they literally changed Texans tailgating policies forever to where now everyone gets treated like the scum, criminal, fans they are.

I’m not a “if we only win one game let it be against the Cowboys” guy, but man, when they do win you never hear the end of it.

If it were a regular season game I'd be excited. Maybe. But not preseason. I just want to see Watson and the 1st string offense play, after that I don't really care about preseason. Watching the preseason in silence after muting those channel 13 idiots gets a tad boring after a while. At least in regular season you have at a minimum game announcers who aren't spastic, the worst of them being better than the channel 13 idiots.

The starting o-line looked pretty good against the Lions front 7 and that was without Khalil Mack. Hopefully we can see even more improvement against a pretty good Dallas front 7.

GO TEXANS!!
BEAT THE COWBOYS!!

LOLWUT? The lions had 5 defensive starters out. It's preseason. It means nothing.

I've lived in Dallas, too. And Austin. And other places. So, we both have anecdotal evidence. Dallas's indifference is not completely organic. They go out of their way to not show Houston teams on TV. Or give space in the paper to Houston teams. As San Antonio or Austin does. Though both are heavier on the Cowboys. There is no kinship in Dallas for Houston. While in Houston, there has been a heavy Cowboy following. Which is why those of us that would be indifferent to Dallas, have not been able to. They're in our face.

Hammer to the nail^ It's worse for me having transplanted to North east Texas, this whole part of the state has it's head up Dallas' ass big time, you can't find any Houston sports team merch anywhere around and to make matters worse all we get is Shreveport Louisiana TV and radio stations so if it's not Cowboys it's Saints.

When I lived in Dallas I still hated the Cowboys. Third pre-season game is traditionally a preview of the regular season, with the starters getting a lot of work. Not sure BOB will do it that way. Cow Chips 24, Bulls 20.

LOLWUT? The lions had 5 defensive starters out. It's preseason. It means nothing.
And the Texans had some key offensive players out as well. We know it's a pre-season game and means nothing. So does that give you the right to spoil everyone else's fun? Lol

What's with the Khalil Mack nonsense though? We played the lions, not the bears.
Who really cares? The Texans aren't playing either of those teams this week, they're playing the Cowboys. If the line is better without Kalil, then great. He probably needs to go anyways.

Last edited:
If the line is better without Mack, then great. He probably needs to go anyways.

military_hat_confused_meme1.jpg

GO TEXANS!!
BEAT THE COWBOYS!!

Yeah, Go Texans!! Great, but what on earth would the Cowboys fans have anything to shut up about?

It's game day and we're just 6 hours and 15 minutes from kick off. I'm hoping to see some good things from the offense. Watson needs to take control of the offense and move it. Let's hope the offensive line can keep him protected and show even more improvement over last week.
It's almost time!
Go Texans!

I shall be properly stoned and ready. For some reason, and this is new, the fact it's the Cowboys doesn't mean a whole lot to me like it used to.

Hating the Cowboys is still on my list of things to do, but it's fallen a few notches.

Tweet from @AaronWilson_NFL: LT Julie'n Davenport, LG Zach Fulton, C Nick Martin, RG Max Scharping, RT Seantrel Henderson

Back