Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Post Game: Texans vs Browns- Riddled by Injuries

Texansballer74

The Marine
Injuries to key players continue to mount up and it had a major impact on this game today. We were already struggling to get pressure on the opposing quarterbacks, once Greenard went down it was a wrap.

Slowik is keyed on doing something cute every freaking game. I really don’t understand why he didn’t attempt to run the ball more. Singletary was hitting them up for 5 yards a pop. Teams are ready for the play action and dude continues to telegraph them throughout the entirety of the game. Case wasn’t on it today, took some horrible sacks. Receivers dropping passes left and right.

Meco waited too freaking late to attempt to bring any pressure. No way Flacco should be throwing for darn near 400 yards on your defense. Bottom tier quarterbacks are feasting on this defense way to easy.

Our playoff chances are slipping away. We needed this one but unfortunately the injury bug strikes and strikes hard. Inexperienced coaching is kicking in as well.

On a bright note D. Pierce took one to the house 98 yards.

Mills made it interesting, driving the ship down the field for two touchdowns. Made them jokers get out of that prevent crap. Lol

Agree with your points. If I’m coach I probably start Mills in the 2nd half but nothing tells me we win. Way too many injuries in key spots, Slow over coaching was odd but not unexpected, plenty of chances to run the ball more but whatever.

Again, with all the injuries I didn’t expect us to win. If Stroud comes back next week we went 1-1 without him so not bad since the rest of the AFCS sucked today so we got that going for us which is nice….

Well at least this game wasn't a heart pounder and no need for blood pressure meds. The defense is a mess with the additional key injuries and the offense will probably be Helter-Skelter until CJ returns. The win last week was luck (which I'll take) but we have to be honest about the level of play we should expect with the remaining healthy players.

I had a bad feeling about this from the get go so wasn't expecting much.
Flacco had little pressure to deal with and when Texans did manage some, he was continually able to make good throws for first down completions. He played at a high level.
Most concerning is a new bunch of lower body injuries on Texans players - even if CJ does come back next week he will have a severely depleted team around him.

Browns K Dustin Hopkins (hamstring) appeared to hurt himself chasing down Pierce on the Texans running back's 98-yard kick-return TD. But he wasn't ruled until multiple visits to the medical tent.
As a kicker, it tells me that he likely suffered the hamstring due to a common cause..............workouts that lead to imbalance of opposing muscle groups. He evidently has spent most of time strengthening his quad for kicking power, and tending less to strengthening of his opposing hamstrings.

Pitre sucks. He needs to be put in an Elon Musk rocket and jettisoned to the new expansion team on Mars. Pitre is like the golfer that gets it on the green from the tee, but can’t sink the putt and just hits it all around the hole but never in the hole. For this same reason, young ladies…don’t worry about protection, ok. But if he adopts, make sure to wrap that baby in bubble wrap or he will drop it.

And when Metchie actually gets open, someone wake me up. I saw nothing in college that told me he was worth a premium pick. I had him as around the 4th round. Not only did they pick him up in the 2nd but they traded up to do so. Steel and others here told me that his super power is his route running and hands.Ummm…ya…about that. Let’s see. He can’t run routes, and he can’t catch a cold. I saw a jag. Nothing special at all with this dude. He is a high level college player whose game isn’t translating…exactly what I thought. He needs to turn it on big time in camp next year or he’s toast. So happy for him on a personal level. The cancer thing was tough, but that’s not his issue now. his playing career is going nowhere fast and he may be out of the league soon.

We need upgrades/depth almost everywhere…including QB. Case has clearly declined, and Davis is terrible and is a never was and never will be, journeyman. It’s not to late to catch the ride with Jalen, Davis! Follow the sun!

Having not seen the game... I take it we should be in the market for a solid #2 since we dont trust Mills nor CK in this offseason. Not sure what contracts look like but I would assume the biggest hit slips to #3 the other being gone...I would assume CK.

Having not seen the game... I take it we should be in the market for a solid #2 since we dont trust Mills nor CK in this offseason. Not sure what contracts look like but I would assume the biggest hit slips to #3 the other being gone...I would assume CK.
Mills makes much more sense to keep. He may not be a barn burner, but under the adverse circumstrances he has been asked to come in, he has performed relatively decently.

Pitre sucks. He needs to be put in an Elon Musk rocket and jettisoned to the new expansion team on Mars. Pitre is like the golfer that gets it on the green from the tee, but can’t sink the putt and just hits it all around the hole but never in the hole. For this same reason, young ladies…don’t worry about protection, ok. But if he adopts, make sure to wrap that baby in bubble wrap or he will drop it.

And when Metchie actually gets open, someone wake me up. I saw nothing in college that told me he was worth a premium pick. I had him as around the 4th round. Not only did they pick him up in the 2nd but they traded up to do so. Steel and others here told me that his super power is his route running and hands.Ummm…ya…about that. Let’s see. He can’t run routes, and he can’t catch a cold. I saw a jag. Nothing special at all with this dude. He is a high level college player whose game isn’t translating…exactly what I thought. He needs to turn it on big time in camp next year or he’s toast. So happy for him on a personal level. The cancer thing was tough, but that’s not his issue now. his playing career is going nowhere fast and he may be out of the league soon.

We need upgrades/depth almost everywhere…including QB. Case has clearly declined, and Davis is terrible and is a never was and never will be, journeyman. It’s not to late to catch the ride with Jalen, Davis! Follow the sun!
You're too subdued... tell us how you really feel

Metchie per studies I've posted in the past, follows the pattern of most WRs post ACLs..............they very seldom ever regain pre-injury performance.

One thought that keeps entering my brain. With this team’s history of injuries specifically soft tissue injuries, is it safe to say the Texans organization should take a very hard look at their strength and conditioning program this off season?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Part of me does wonder how CJ would cope with the receiving corps as it is currently. Collins looks banged up still and not consistently able to get open, Noah Brown the same and now got the dropsies, Metchie and Hutchinson have both had their opportunities and fail to catch the damn ball when it does get sling to them, Robert Woods still neither open nor catching what does hit him.

Is CJ able to throw these guys open? Need a big improvement in the final 2 weeks and some of that needs to come from those running routes not just the QB.

Part of me does wonder how CJ would cope with the receiving corps as it is currently. Collins looks banged up still and not consistently able to get open, Noah Brown the same and now got the dropsies, Metchie and Hutchinson have both had their opportunities and fail to catch the damn ball when it does get sling to them, Robert Woods still neither open nor catching what does hit him.

Is CJ able to throw these guys open? Need a big improvement in the final 2 weeks and some of that needs to come from those running routes not just the QB.
Metchie hands have been disappointing.
I had high hopes for him.

Metchie hasn't comeback from ACL/cancer well at all

He's better off as a box safety
I think Ryan’s got fed up of watching Pitre when the backup CB (Holman?) got beat on the sideline by Cooper and Pitre was chasing back from way out of position. You’ve got to identify and help the backup in that situation but Pitre was out of shot when the ball came down. I saw he made a nice play on special teams after getting hooked from defensive responsibilities, hopefully a sobering moment for Pitre because he doesn’t lack talent.

Time to turn the page and move on. We can be upset about the result but the bottom line is not much is going to change this season when so many key players are out.

We know this team is not in the Super Bowl conversation this season. And competing against a true playoff team like the Browns without so many core players is gonna be a tough task.

But with their best players this team can compete for the banner. Maybe we get a glimpse of that this week if the franchise cornerstones CJ and WA return?

Should the Texans, currently ranked eighth and not in line to earn a playoff berth if the season was over today, win their final two games against the Titans and Indianapolis Colts, they’ll earn a spot in the postseason.

The Texans would earn it based on the tiebreaker of a superior division record, potentially finishing 4-2 overall. The Texans also have head-to-head edges over the Pittsburgh Steelers, Cincinnati Bengals and Denver Broncos.

The Jaguars, Colts and Texans all lost on Sunday and have identical 8-7 records with the Texans splitting the season series against Jacksonville and losing earlier this season to Indianapolis. link

Back