Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Poll: why would the Texans hire Bieniemy?

The Texans will hire Bieniemy (if they hire Bieniemy) because

• Total voters
So now they’re saying he sabotaged the game. Wow stop it. Smh
The narrative has been this is Reid's offense and he calls the play. Now this article is stating Bienemy changes plays, the game plans and calls the plays because it's in his contract? Feels like scapegoating to me. Reid has not tried to change Mahomes' game. In fact, due to the success, they encourage his playing style. Like many young QBs, Mahomes is still learning how to read defenses and too often relies on the off-script plays. The Bengals had him looking like he was concussed.

The Bengals defense did a great job and neither Reid, Bienemy or Mahomes adjusted. This was a team loss and any other narrative regardless of the source is simply looking for a scapegoat. BTW. Notice the article hardly mentions Reid? Where was Reid during the yelling and play calling?

However, considering what has happened, and what you’re about to read, it all boils down to..
The Chiefs and Eric Bieniemy are not meant for each other.
IF this is true, surely Ried would have promoted Kafka by now (who is now gone to another team) & released Bieniemy. Ried obviously believes Bieniemy brings something that as of yet is irreplaceable.

IF this is true, surely Ried would have promoted Kafka by now (who is now gone to another team) & released Bieniemy. Ried obviously believes Bieniemy brings something that as of yet is irreplaceable.

none of this is really news to me. I peruse all team MB’s and has read some time ago that they were eager to promote Kafka to OC & we’re hoping Bienemy would get a HC gig LAST year so that it would look better from an optics standpoint.

They’ve been trying to get rid of Bienemy for a while now

none of this is really news to me. I peruse all team MB’s and has read some time ago that they were eager to promote Kafka to OC & we’re hoping Bienemy would get a HC gig LAST year so that it would look better from an optics standpoint.

They’ve been trying to get rid of Bienemy for a while now

The “climate” ain’t right to let go a black coach for a white one.

Signed,

Cal McNair

"They" being the fans. Which don't mean anything. Ried is getting what je wants out of Bieniemy

no “they” being Reid and select guys under him on the offensive side of the ball. The only new nugget in the article that I found interesting is that the players are starting to get in on the act now. 2019, Mahomes sung Bienemy’s praises and everything was all good. A year later, they don’t get along & he and Kelce are trying to run the guy outta there? Sounds to me like an agenda was developed. The FO has sunk 500 mil in on Mahomes & that 2nd half against the Bengals and really the whole season, he was inconsistent…”that’s not our half a billion dollar qb out there looking like Kirk Cousins!” So they’re blaming Bienemy for that. Mahomes and all his buddies wanna air it out, Bienemy wants to ground & pound it a bit more..everything just kinda came to a head after last year’s SB.

as for Kafka, he was very well thought of for a while in KC & rose up the ranks for them. you already know the powers that be want their 500 million dollar man to be as happy as he can & what better way to help that along than by promoting a former NFL qb to be the voice in his ear. I think they thought Bienemy would eventually land a HC gig somewhere over the last 2 years & Kafka’s ascension to OC would be more natural. But now since Kafka has moved on, I think all this is coming out now b/c some of the same offensive personnel are angry that they potentially let 1 of the young bright offensive minds get away in Kafka b/c of they were too busy placating Bienemy….who apparently is the resident grouch & red ass who doesn’t cowtow to star players enough.

Last edited:
If Reid doesn't want him there, why is he there?

With his son’s very public troubles, I’m sure Reid doesn’t want anymore negative publicity. Aside from that, he probably sees both sides of the argument and likes all parties involved, but taking 1 stance or the other alienated him from the other…he’s in a helluva position. Based on his offensive philosophy and the weapons he has, he likely leans towards the side of his qb.

No matter what.............Mahomes played like a rookie the 2nd half of that game.

Too much hero ball, IMO, which is going to be a bad tendency as age starts slowing him down.

Then, coupled with that ever-growing contract that will limit the Chiefs' ability to consistently put a good team around him, their best days with Mahomes might be behind them. He's good enough to keep them competitive and even in the playoffs, but it remains to be seen if they are team that will ever be considered a "dynasty".

Four AFC championship games in a row and just one trophy is what it is. I'd take it, of course, but I'm just a lowly, starving Texans fan, so my objectivity is clearly in question. lol

Too much hero ball, IMO, which is going to be a bad tendency as age starts slowing him down.

Then, coupled with that ever-growing contract that will limit the Chiefs' ability to consistently put a good team around him, their best days with Mahomes might be behind them. He's good enough to keep them competitive and even in the playoffs, but it remains to be seen if they are team that will ever be considered a "dynasty".

Four AFC championship games in a row and just one trophy is what it is. I'd take it, of course, but I'm just a lowly, starving Texans fan, so my objectivity is clearly in question. lol

lowly, starving *houston football fan

I wasn't aware of the brother situation until recently. I'd heard things but never looked it up and I'm not on social media so it never entered my vision.

So recently I looked it up, and. . .uh, yeah, that was rather interesting. They both seem like giant distractions and very self-serving, and that's putting it nicely.

I can't blame Pat for his request. It's not good for his game or public image/brand.

no “they” being Reid and select guys under him on the offensive side of the ball. The only new nugget in the article that I found interesting is that the players are starting to get in on the act now. 2019, Mahomes sung Bienemy’s praises and everything was all good. A year later, they don’t get along & he and Kelce are trying to run the guy outta there? Sounds to me like an agenda was developed. The FO has sunk 500 mil in on Mahomes & that 2nd half against the Bengals and really the whole season, he was inconsistent…”that’s not our half a billion dollar qb out there looking like Kirk Cousins!” So they’re blaming Bienemy for that. Mahomes and all his buddies wanna air it out, Bienemy wants to ground & pound it a bit more..everything just kinda came to a head after last year’s SB.

as for Kafka, he was very well thought of for a while in KC & rose up the ranks for them. you already know the powers that be want their 500 million dollar man to be as happy as he can & what better way to help that along than by promoting a former NFL qb to be the voice in his ear. I think they thought Bienemy would eventually land a HC gig somewhere over the last 2 years & Kafka’s ascension to OC would be more natural. But now since Kafka has moved on, I think all this is coming out now b/c some of the same offensive personnel are angry that they potentially let 1 of the young bright offensive minds get away in Kafka b/c of they were too busy placating Bienemy….who apparently is the resident grouch & red ass who doesn’t cowtow to star players enough.
So why did they sign Bienemy to a one year contract?

The narrative has been this is Reid's offense and he calls the play. Now this article is stating Bienemy changes plays, the game plans and calls the plays because it's in his contract? Feels like scapegoating to me. Reid has not tried to change Mahomes' game. In fact, due to the success, they encourage his playing style. Like many young QBs, Mahomes is still learning how to read defenses and too often relies on the off-script plays. The Bengals had him looking like he was concussed.

The Bengals defense did a great job and neither Reid, Bienemy or Mahomes adjusted. This was a team loss and any other narrative regardless of the source is simply looking for a scapegoat. BTW. Notice the article hardly mentions Reid? Where was Reid during the yelling and play calling?

What I noticed was when Reid was talking about the play where Hill was stopped short of the GL on the last play of the half, he said he wished he would've called a different play. That speaks volumes to me.

In the last 10 years, 52 of the 320 NFL head coaching positions were held by black men. That's 16.25% of the head coaching opportunities while black folks make up 13.4% of the population. Folks from every ethnicity get passed over.
I dont know how I missed this ridiculous post. 68% of nfl players are black, 1 minority owner, 2 black coaches. What are you saying?

In the last 10 years, 52 of the 320 NFL head coaching positions were held by black men. That's 16.25% of the head coaching opportunities while black folks make up 13.4% of the population. Folks from every ethnicity get passed over.

I dont know how I missed this ridiculous post. 68% of nfl players are black, 1 minority owner, 2 black coaches. What are you saying?

Here is an observation -

Playing the game requires different skill sets.

A DE can’t necessarily play WR.

Why are we to assume that the same percentage of NFL players have the skill set of being NFL coaches?

I just see the stat thrown around that 70 percent of the players are black, but only account for 15% of coaching. That seems misleading or not a real quality stat for comparison.

The ownership stat isn’t valid either for comparison to coaching because it requires money and someone selling their interest. That is entirely different as well.

Should there be more black coaches? Yes. Should they get more opportunities? Absolutely.

Why are we to assume that the same percentage of NFL players have the skill set of being NFL coaches?

I just see the stat thrown around that 70 percent of the players are black, but only account for 15% of coaching. That seems misleading or not a real quality stat for comparison.
Agreed, the logic is flawed. A better question would be the percentage of minority coaches to head coaches.

Unless their goal is to insinuate something else like leebigeztx said in the post above yours

Here is an observation -

The ownership stat isn’t valid either for comparison to coaching because it requires money and someone selling their interest. That is entirely different as well.

Should there be more black coaches? Yes. Should they get more opportunities? Absolutely.
Agreed, the logic is flawed. A better question would be the percentage of minority coaches to head coaches.

Unless their goal is to insinuate something else like leebigeztx said in the post above yours

I agree with both posts. To get a better perspective as to what could be the issue….I stumbled across this tidbit of information.

Players:
70% Black
30% White

Players With Completed Degrees:
33% Black
50% White

**There’s no excuse for NFL players to not have a degree since they all attended college on full-rides which equates to a free advanced education. These numbers are a shame and put into perspective how CFB is a cash cow……just not in the financial interest of student players.**

If players have a desire to be part of a FO or coaching staff after their careers are over, they could back to college, change their major if need be and finish their degrees so organizations would be more apt to bring them on board.

There is a very good reason why. It's called failed government run inner city schools. These schools do a very poor job of preparing students for higher education. The bottom line and honest truth are most these students that come from failed government public schools cannot compete with the other students that have exceeded 1200 on their SATs. Conventional Wisdom says if you can't pass algebra, you are not college material. Many of these students at failed government schools never even saw an algebra classroom. It's not like a light switch, you can't be a D student at a failed government run school and then be expected to excel at higher learning curriculum. You don't go thru high school never having read an entire book and then be expected to read 4 or 5 books for one class in a semester.

Now as to coaches in the NFL vs players, most coaches have their master's degree. That is part of the reason why they achieved the position they're in. Players vs coaches is an apples vs oranges comparison.

Exactly why I felt….if players feel that they’re being passed over for FO and coaching jobs, then go back to school and finish those degrees. If they’ve managed their money, they can afford college and the tutors they may need to be successful. Anything less than this effort, if this is truly what they want to do, would be chalked up as an excuse in my book.

Players With Completed Degrees:
33% Black
50% White

**There’s no excuse for NFL players to not have a degree since they all attended college on full-rides which equates to a free advanced education. These numbers are a shame and put into perspective how CFB is a cash cow……just not in the financial interest of student players.**
I don’t know that I can agree with your conclusion. How many coaches have degrees? How many HCs?

How many of those without degrees left college early?

Here is an observation -

There is a systemic issue that goes on in the NFL and has been for a while. I'm sure you're familiar with George Whitfield, the qb trainer. If you look at most of the young coaches hired, they worked under him out in California. Go look it up. So McVeigh at 36 has a tree already. I'm not tripping about that, its kind one of those things where we need coaches to recruit or seek out minorities and even then that doesn't seem to work. This thread is about EB, you know who else didn't get a chance because they didn't interview well? Sherman Lewis, Mike Holmgrens OC. Yet, check the receipts of guys under him who got opportunities. Gruden, Reid, Marriuchi to name a few. The same reason was given as it is with EB, does he call the plays? That wasn't said when Pedersen, Nagy, or Reich was under Reid. Now we have nepotism coming along now. Look how many coaches son's are head coaches. Lil Shanny, Kubes, Hoodie, Hackett to name a few.

Back to the ownership thing, the way its structured, by design its difficult to get minority ownership in NFL. They want mainly 1 person to have the loot. These opportunities come along once every 40 years. They let Jerry Jones buy the Cowboys basically with credit cards because he's a talker and look like them. The Broncos are for sale right now and Robert Smith is in the hunt. He's the richest black man in America. There are only 6 other owners worth more than him with Tepper being the wealthiest. Now, you cant tell the Broncos Trust who to sale the team to even though a large majority of the owners have to approve, but if Manning and Elway are the faces of a group trying to purchase, but Smith has the money outright, it would floor me if they allowed Smith to buy the team. Thats part of the systemic issues going on. It was like that and the black qb and centers and its rolled down the hill in terms of coaching. .I doubt a sport that was 70% white would have 2 white coaches. It wouldn't go down like that under any circumstances. College is much worse in my opinion because most are public institutions and they have zero in place to insure minorities get opportunities.

This entre thread is pretty far afield from being about the Texans. It was dead-and-buried until CND posted an article from Chiefs Kingdom, AKA Save Our Chiefs.
In fairness to CnnD, he posted that in another thread. I searched for a thread title including Bieniemy and moved it here since I didn't want a new thread

My fault.

As far as the off topic SWJ stuff, I try to let it go for a post or two hoping the thread doesn't pick up on the conversation. Trying not to over moderate

There is a systemic issue that goes on in the NFL and has been for a while. I'm sure you're familiar with George Whitfield, the qb trainer. If you look at most of the young coaches hired, they worked under him out in California. Go look it up. So McVeigh at 36 has a tree already. I'm not tripping about that, its kind one of those things where we need coaches to recruit or seek out minorities and even then that doesn't seem to work. This thread is about EB, you know who else didn't get a chance because they didn't interview well? Sherman Lewis, Mike Holmgrens OC. Yet, check the receipts of guys under him who got opportunities. Gruden, Reid, Marriuchi to name a few. The same reason was given as it is with EB, does he call the plays? That wasn't said when Pedersen, Nagy, or Reich was under Reid. Now we have nepotism coming along now. Look how many coaches son's are head coaches. Lil Shanny, Kubes, Hoodie, Hackett to name a few.

Back to the ownership thing, the way its structured, by design its difficult to get minority ownership in NFL. They want mainly 1 person to have the loot. These opportunities come along once every 40 years. They let Jerry Jones buy the Cowboys basically with credit cards because he's a talker and look like them. The Broncos are for sale right now and Robert Smith is in the hunt. He's the richest black man in America. There are only 6 other owners worth more than him with Tepper being the wealthiest. Now, you cant tell the Broncos Trust who to sale the team to even though a large majority of the owners have to approve, but if Manning and Elway are the faces of a group trying to purchase, but Smith has the money outright, it would floor me if they allowed Smith to buy the team. Thats part of the systemic issues going on. It was like that and the black qb and centers and its rolled down the hill in terms of coaching. .I doubt a sport that was 70% white would have 2 white coaches. It wouldn't go down like that under any circumstances. College is much worse in my opinion because most are public institutions and they have zero in place to insure minorities get opportunities.

Lewis should've been hired by a team. I've heard that he didn't interview well and that he had alcohol issues. Agreed about the nepotism.

I've read that Smith has other things going on that are more important to him than owning a NFL franchise.

I'm all about hiring whoever gives you a chance to be the most successful as you can be. Black/White/Brown doesn't matter. These are billion $$$$ businesses and the only color these owners care about is green.

Lewis should've been hired by a team. I've heard that he didn't interview well and that he had alcohol issues. Agreed about the nepotism.

I've read that Smith has other things going on that are more important to him than owning a NFL franchise.

I'm all about hiring whoever gives you a chance to be the most successful as you can be. Black/White/Brown doesn't matter. These are billion $$$$ businesses and the only color these owners care about is green.
You know it doesn't work that way because majority of the people in power associate themselves with particular people. 32 owners, pretty much all around the same age coming from the same background. If all they're presented with are that look like them, that's their comfort level. That's why there needs to be an influx of diversity. I've have several friends who were in the scouting world. I knew 49ers wasn't touching Bush even if he was available. One of my friends son has been in the NFL for several years now, but persistent injuries are taking a toll. He wants to go into coaching, but the prospect doesn't look good. I mean look at how many oc and DC are of color. EB was the rb coach when Peterson was on top of his game and like Sherman, they say he interviews poorly. It's kinda like where is the hope? The oc from both McVeigh and Lil Shanny got hc jobs despite not calling plays. It just seems like a 1 way street when it comes to diversity.

You know it doesn't work that way because majority of the people in power associate themselves with particular people. 32 owners, pretty much all around the same age coming from the same background. If all they're presented with are that look like them, that's their comfort level. That's why there needs to be an influx of diversity. I've have several friends who were in the scouting world. I knew 49ers wasn't touching Bush even if he was available. One of my friends son has been in the NFL for several years now, but persistent injuries are taking a toll. He wants to go into coaching, but the prospect doesn't look good. I mean look at how many oc and DC are of color. EB was the rb coach when Peterson was on top of his game and like Sherman, they say he interviews poorly. It's kinda like where is the hope? The oc from both McVeigh and Lil Shanny got hc jobs despite not calling plays. It just seems like a 1 way street when it comes to diversity.
You generally have to work your way up from a position coach to a coordinator to a HC.

Change is happening, look at the BUCS and for that matter the Texans coaching staffs. Leftwich would've been a HC if he was willing to work with Baalke and he declined. Bowleshas been a HC and deserves another shot. McDaniels is another minority hire in Miami and frankly this shocked me after how things went down with Flores. I'm thinking Flores is doing way more harm than good with what he's doing.

Your friend's son should contact the Fritz Pollard Alliance if he's serious about coaching in the NFL. He probably will have to start out as an analyst on whatever side of the ball is his specialty and get coffee for the HC/OC/DC but that's called putting in your dues as you're learning what it takes to be an NFL coach. The lifestyle isn't for everyone. I wish him good luck 🤞

I'm saying exactly what I said. That at the time of my post (Jan 2021), there had been 320 head coaching opportunities in the NFL over the last 10 years (32x10). Of those 320 head coach opportunities, 52 of them were occupied by black men or 16.25%.

To answer the question the OP asked,

It's because they would want to hire a HC (Bienemy) who covered up a rape to coach a QB who is a Sexual Predator at best and a Sexual Assaulter at worst to lead the franchise.

When you really look at things, the 2 guys really would've been a match made in heaven.

Back