Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Poll: Season record

How many regular season wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Yeah, I can see 11-5; problem is I can see 5-11, too. Just so many injuries and question marks to start the season with.

No kidding , one injury on the OL and they re in deep mess. Same at other spots , WR is awfully thin right now too , QB is the big one , hope Savage can .... not get broke up.

Uh, NO! These guys are going to suck to high heaven this year.

They were 8-8 last year, just 2 wins behind the Texans. They were awful on defense, and added a lot of players on that side of the ball. Many of them should be upgrades from what they had last year, so I expect them to do slightly better. They have an easier schedule, and get to play the Broncos and Bills, while we play the Patriots and Chiefs. A couple of games can swing the division lead.

Wow..a number of you predict that we're going to lose to Jax in the opening game...9-10 wins. we start off slow like we typically do (2-2) but get it together around mid season & finish strong winning the division with a couple of surprising wins against either Ariz, Balt, Pitt or Sea.

Savage gives us around 3600 22 TD 15 picks in 14 games.

Last edited:
I know its just only one game, but after watching the Patriots defense last night, we shouldn't have any problems scoring on them. I believe we can beat them now.

10-6 or 11-5 is very attainable.

I know its just only one game, but after watching the Patriots defense last night, we shouldn't have any problems scoring on them. I believe we can beat them now.

10-6 or 11-5 is very attainable.

Hard to say. The Patriots we saw last night most likely won't be the ones we play in a couple of weeks. They're pretty good at figuring out what adjustments need to be made & making them.

& we don't do that vertical offense thing Alex Smith unleashed on them.

Because of the concerns and uncertainty about our QB and the offensive line, if I'm really honest about it I can't see us winning more than 7 or 8 games and it's also a tougher schedule than last year including improved division opponents.
Needless to say I sure hope I'm wrong about this.

Hard to say. The Patriots we saw last night most likely won't be the ones we play in a couple of weeks. They're pretty good at figuring out what adjustments need to be made & making them.

& we don't do that vertical offense thing Alex Smith unleashed on them.

I think the real question that arises from that Pats KC game is .... is Brady still Brady ?! Or has he lost enough physically due to age that he's effectively Schaubed.

I was so wrong.
But I was expecting Duane Brown to play.

Picking 5-6 wins now seems way too high.
:barman:

I made this post up thread ....

No kidding , one injury on the OL and they re in deep mess. Same at other spots , WR is awfully thin right now too , QB is the big one , hope Savage can .... not get broke up.

Turns out they didn't need an injury for the OL to be a hot mess .... and the WR spots look almost as bad. Savage ... I dunno , his clock was slow but no one got open and the OL may as well have stayed on the bench. Watson had to channel his inner Mike Vick or there might have been 15 sacks instead of "Only Ten."

What an embarrassment ....

Last edited:
I am hoping to win at least 7 games now. That should put us outside of the top 10 draft order.

Browns, Colts sweep, San Fran, LA, and one upset surprise (maybe titans or Jags?)

I am hoping to win at least 7 games now. That should put us outside of the top 10 draft order.

Browns, Colts sweep, San Fran, LA, and one upset surprise (maybe titans or Jags?)

Jags beating us on week 1 there's your surprise upset

Well, the Jags stomped us, The Tacks mauled the Jags, and we creamed the Tacks. What a crazy mixed up ferris wheel division! Let's assume our loss was the anomaly and the QB change was the fix. It could go to show how bad Savage really is.
I think Savage is not great, but not that bad if given protection. He just needs a good OL in front of him.

Reactions: ROO
Well, the Jags stomped us, The Tacks mauled the Jags, and we creamed the Tacks. What a crazy mixed up ferris wheel division! Let's assume our loss was the anomaly and the QB change was the fix. It could go to show how bad Savage really is.
I think Savage is not great, but not that bad if given protection. He just needs a good OL in front of him.
I was a Savage guy. I really thought he had a shot to be a good starter in this league. But yah, he needs a very good OL. He takes too long in his reads.

I'm not sure why you posted in this thread but I'll respond anyway. :)

I have to agree with you about Savage and he was doomed from the start with this O-line! He never had a chance. I just hope and pray Watson never gets hurt this season. If he does and he's out for any length of time, the season will be over because Savage will never be able to survive! JMO.

W vs Jacksonville
L @ Cincinnati
L @ New England
L vs Tennessee
L vs Kansas City
L vs Cleveland
Bye Week - QB change
L @ Seattle
W vs Indianapolis
W @ LA Rams
W vs Arizona
L @ Baltimore
W @ Tennessee
W vs San Francisco
W @ Jacksonville
W vs Pittsburgh
W @ Indianapolis

OK, so my timeline was off, but the sentiment might end up being right. :D

The way I see it now is

L vs Jacksonville
W @ Cincinnati
L @ New England
W vs Tennessee
L vs Kansas City - Should be a good game, will determine a lot.
W vs Cleveland
L @ Seattle - We can win this one now.
W vs Indianapolis
W @ LA Rams - May take a loss here now, but we'll see. They are looking good.
L vs Arizona - We Can win this one now.
L @ Baltimore - We can win this one now.
L @ Tennessee - We should win this, though not as dominantly
W vs San Francisco
W @ Jacksonville - Still a win, a revenge win.
L vs Pittsburgh - Close game, but winnable
W @ Indianapolis

I voted 9 before the season. I'm sticking to that prediction. They're just going to get there in a different way...on the back, arms and legs of Watson. But if O'Brien calls another gimmick pass back to the QB like he tried last night (luckily it was foiled) Watson might not make it through the entire season.

I voted 9 before the season. I'm sticking to that prediction. They're just going to get there in a different way...on the back, arms and legs of Watson. But if O'Brien calls another gimmick pass back to the QB like he tried last night (luckily it was foiled) Watson might not make it through the entire season.

That is a play you use on rare occasions and I would think is something to be run near the goal line to try and score, not mid-field.

That is a play you use on rare occasions and I would think is something to be run near the goal line to try and score, not mid-field.
It was just by chance that it turned out bad. Reminded me of Kubiak's goal line halfback pass.

Back