Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Please don't waste your tickets

2) Concessions are run by Aramark

5) The seats are already sold irrespective of who shows up or not.. In fact, the entire season has been sold-out.

2. I'm sure something could be worked out, if they cared.

5. Exactly the problem. And while they are technically correct, its hilarious to see the announcement then look around and see 30,000 empty seats.

And I forgot to weigh in on the schedule complaints. Once the Texans show they deserve a better schedule, they'll get it. On the Sunday night games (with the exception of 19-10) they have barely been competitive. If you ran a network, would you care about the Texans?

1) Unfortunately, there is a little issue called a contract. Aramark is one of the big boys in the concession business and can hold its own in court, if the Texans try to screw them.

5) I have never missed a home game.. I will go out on a limb and tell you that there has never been 30,000 no-shows or about 58% full / 42% empty.

If I ran a network, no I would not give the Texans consideratio for night games (be it, Sunday, Monday and now Thursdays and Saturdays)... But then again, I wouldn't give TO the publicity that he has received this year either...

Last, the Texans have played 3 primetime games. They have gone 1-2, with 2 games at Reliant and one at Seatle. As you mentioned, we have the 19-10 win. The next primetime game at Reliant was Green Bay and that was extremely competitive, although we lost 16-13 (and I am not into 'moral victories'). The only primetime game we did not look good in was at Seattle.

1)

Last, the Texans have played 3 primetime games. They have gone 1-2, with 2 games at Reliant and one at Seatle. As you mentioned, we have the 19-10 win. The next primetime game at Reliant was Green Bay and that was extremely competitive, although we lost 16-13 (and I am not into 'moral victories'). The only primetime game we did not look good in was at Seattle.

I believe that last year's 45-17 debacle against Kansas City was in prime time as well, but I understand why you chose to forget it-

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/recap/NFL_20051120_KC@HOU

The next primetime game at Reliant was Green Bay and that was extremely competitive, although we lost 16-13 (and I am not into 'moral victories').

The Green Bay game was really boring if you look back at it.

The Texans didn't get 1 first down in the 4th quarter (that sure sounds famaliar doesn't, same old problem going back to the glory year 2004).

The Green Bay game was really boring if you look back at it.

The Texans didn't get 1 first down in the 4th quarter (that sure sounds famaliar doesn't, same old problem going back to the glory year 2004).

Last second field goal, right? I remember sitting in my seat stunned, and Lil_Red finally made me leave when the stadium was mostly empty.:shades:

It was all good fun.

I am not related to Porky, I only know of him through this board.

Porky and I went at it a lot regarding Reggie Bush. After that blew over, and I saw other things he posted, we agreed on a lot of things.

With that, I have the following for you:

First, from what I have seen of Porky, he is a cool guy.

Second, you might find out we have a lot more in common once the Carr issue is disposed of.

Third, most importantly, and once again, it was all in good fun. I would be surprised if Porky went after you maliciously. I look at this board like a football field. While on the field and between the whistles, you go after it at full speed, but outside of that time we conduct ourselves as normal citizens.

Have a Happy Holiday!

Thanks for this post! Positive rep coming your way! And, I totally agree with everything you said, especially the part about me being a cool guy. :shades: :tease:

One thing I have said repeatedly is that nothing said on here to me is personal. I don't even personally know any of you guys or gals, so how could it be personal? The MB is like a giant video game to me. Sure, while you are playing, you want to kill your opponent, but at the end of the day and the game is over, we shake hands, and enjoy each others company.

On a side note, I sure wish Texans Chick would change her avatar. It's impeding my progress though the thread as I can't seem to make my computer scroll past it. :hides:

Well in seasons past when I couldn't make the season holiday games I donated my tickets and parking passes to the Ronald McDonald House here in Houston.

Same thing this year for the Browns game as I will be out of town.

For the folks who think that not going and burning their tickets is sending the message. I can tell you from the letter I recieved from that family that went was the right message.

That kid an his family couldn't have cared less that the Texans were losing. It was just the ability to go to the game and get a break from the Cancer grind and possibly the only chance to go to a game before his life ended (not saying it did but I don't know what his whole prognosis was).

Not trying to play the sympathy thing here but that is a reality check to all the Texans Scrooge's who think there life is over just because the Texans are losing, didn't take VY or RB.

TC is correct give them to someone who really would get something out of it and so will you I can assure you of that.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all.

B

...I hope the stadium is completely empty on Sunday. I'm not convinced that the team cares whether or not the fans are unhappy. Or if they'll ever care.

... Someone take a picture of the scoreboard when the team announces a sold out crowd of 70,000. Try to get the stands in the picture, maybe there'll be a fan or two in the picture as well

For some reason I thought about this post while at the game this afternoon....

Sorry but your hopes were dashed. It was a very good turnout today.

I bet all of you chumps who tried to organize a walkout or didn't show to "send a message" to the FO today are feeling reeeeeal proud of yourselves right about now.

My family and I thank whoever it was that sold us those extra tickets on StubHub for below face ... 10 of us in all went to the game today and it was my greatest moment in Texans history. Christmas Eve, Carr played pretty well and took a step toward answering his real critics (by that I mean those people who actually analyze his game and don't hate him for his hair), Ron Dayne tore it up, no sacks, and most importantly, we beat the Colts? Somebody wake me up, this has to be a dream. We may not have taken the Tacks (this year) but this practically redeems our season in my mind (at least that's the adrenaline rush I'm still riding.) I'm getting chills again just watching the SportsCenter recap.

Great game Texans and great job fans who showed. Merry Christmas!

To think I was so close to buying Second Honeymoon's tickets. I need a job...sigh...

Great Christmas...great game...great season...not really, but better than last year.

Back