Pleasant Surprises

Jerry Hughes

Steven Nelson

Ogbonnia Okoronkwo

Troy Hairston

Scott Quessenberry

AJ Cann

Solid players worthy of an NFL roster
I would add Desmond King for his very solid 1H season play, although he's become more unnoticeable in the second half. King had 7 PDs in his first 5 games, making 2-3 high level plays every game—and he wasn't even playing every snap. And of course the solid, if unspectacular, ST stuff.

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club
It's a lot easier to blame Green
I'm not blaming anyone. If anything, pressure up the middle has been the same problem we've been seeing for years. Poor blitz pickup. Two games Quessenberry was rag dolled. Other than that he's been a solid player in the middle.

Well, he can't snap the ball fast enough for Tunsil, but other than that... solid.

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club
Center, RG, and RT.
RG... Cann has been a boss.

RT... when Howard was playing RT, other than this last game, he's been really good.
What is the weakest link/s along our Oline?
I know Green is still learning and got pushed around at times. RG or RT?
Pass pro this season has been good. Davis Mills was shook for some reason early in the season & putting himself in bad situations.

Runblocking has been an issue, even when Pierce was having good games. Before Green got hurt it was definitely much better. Other than that, I'd say it's the "gelling" thing.

I don't say that to say we don't need to address the OL in the draft. Quessenberry was solid. But we could stand to upgrade. Cann was a beast (imo) but he's getting up there in age. Those would be the areas I would address, bpa & all, but I would so much rather focus on Skill positions & defensive front 7.

badboy

Hall of Fame

RT... when Howard was playing RT, other than this last game, he's been really good.

Pass pro this season has been good. Davis Mills was shook for some reason early in the season & putting himself in bad situations.

Runblocking has been an issue, even when Pierce was having good games. Before Green got hurt it was definitely much better. Other than that, I'd say it's the "gelling" thing.

I don't say that to say we don't need to address the OL in the draft. Quessenberry was solid. But we could stand to upgrade. Cann was a beast (imo) but he's getting up there in age. Those would be the areas I would address, bpa & all, but I would so much rather focus on Skill positions & defensive front 7.
If Q had another season at $1 million he might not get cut but as a FA.. bye, bye, bye as Nsync sang.

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club
If Q had another season at $1 million he might not get cut but as a FA.. bye, bye, bye as Nsync sang.
Again, obvious upgrade sure. But I’d bring him into camp & let him earn his spot, like he did this year leap-frogging Morrisey who I thought was a good developmental prospect.

Speedy

Former Yeller Dweller
Again, obvious upgrade sure. But I’d bring him into camp & let him earn his spot, like he did this year leap-frogging Morrisey who I thought was a good developmental prospect.
Earning his spot his relative, especially on a team full of backups and special teamers that have been put into starting roles because somebody has to start. And he’s only starting because Britt ain’t playing.

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club
Earning his spot his relative, especially on a team full of backups and special teamers that have been put into starting roles because somebody has to start. And he’s only starting because Britt ain’t playing.
Ok

i didn’t mean to elude he earned a starting spot when I mentioned he leap-frogged Morissey. I’m sorry I wasn’t more clear.

JB

Innocent Bystander
Contributor's Club
But I’d bring him into camp & let him earn his spot, like he did this year leap-frogging Morrisey who I thought was a good developmental prospect.
A fifth year 5th rnd draft pick should beat out a 7th rnd practice squad player in his second year. Shouldn't be any surprise there

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club

Q has been getting his azz kicked regularly, Lawrence/Allen/Hargrave/Chris Jones/Simmons twice etc... but carry on.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
A fifth year 5th rnd draft pick should beat out a 7th rnd practice squad player in his second year. Shouldn't be any surprise there
Good god, I think I'm in another world.

There's somebody who actually thinks Q has played well this yr.

Or maybe my reading comprehension skills aren't what they used to be. LMAO

Reactions: JB

JB

Innocent Bystander
Contributor's Club
Good god, I think I'm in another world.

There's somebody who actually thinks Q has played well this yr.

Or maybe my reading comprehension skills aren't what they used to be. LMAO
You know TK likes to be contrarian and go for the shock factor

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
I thought he was average at best and the bulk of our pressure came from inside. If we're going to draft and develop a young qb I want to upgrade center.
I would change the center market to sign Garrett Bradbury. Then add Avila and Cooper Beebe in the 3rd/4th rd. Sure would be nice to fix the OL. Sign Bradbury and add quality competition for Green. Remember the OL always get hurt.

No more McCray/Morrisey etc... Give the IOL real depth, Particularly if Young is 1-1.

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club
I thought he was average at best and the bulk of our pressure came from inside. If we're going to draft and develop a young qb I want to upgrade center.
Average is an upgrade for what we've seen for quite some time. & basically, that's all I'm saying

I was pleasantly surprised we had decent play from the Center position.

Again, I said I'm fine with upgrading. But bring him into camp & make sure the "upgrade" is an upgrade.

Don't kick your 4th round pick to the curb (then complain you can't hit on 4th round picks) and replace him with a 2nd round pick who can't play. Allusion to Ben Jones & Nick Martin. I know Quessenberry wasn't a 4th round pick

Shouldn't cost anything to bring him to camp.

badboy

Hall of Fame
Average is an upgrade for what we've seen for quite some time. & basically, that's all I'm saying

I was pleasantly surprised we had decent play from the Center position.

Again, I said I'm fine with upgrading. But bring him into camp & make sure the "upgrade" is an upgrade.

Don't kick your 4th round pick to the curb (then complain you can't hit on 4th round picks) and replace him with a 2nd round pick who can't play. Allusion to Ben Jones & Nick Martin. I know Quessenberry wasn't a 4th round pick

Shouldn't cost anything to bring him to camp.
Convince me we got decent play out of Q .
Why not give another drafted player a chance who is just as cheap? I think many of the center prospects in the draft can give us better than what we've seen at this position. I don't want to take up a roster spot with him

Reactions: JB

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
Why not give another drafted player a chance who is just as cheap? I think many of the center prospects in the draft can give us better than what we've seen at this position. I don't want to take up a roster spot with him
If you want the OL fixed pay the money for the best center in FA (Bradbury) and draft a couple of depth pieces.

Tunsil/Green/Bradbury/Cann/Howard is a good OL. Then invest a couple of 3rd/4th rd picks and then the depth would make this part of the team a strength instead of a yearly weakness. All it takes is an investment.

Give me, an OL with these players on it and the offense will look alot better.

Backups competing with Green and Cann like Stromberg/Avila, along with Heck is a very smart thing to do.

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club
I think Q played well. I think he should be on the team next year. I respect your opinion so I've only suggested to bring him into camp & earn his spot.

I'm not saying that should be a starting spot. Draft who you will. Sign whoever in FA. Let the coaches decide who makes the team.