Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

playoffs more possible than you might think

i disagree with you because how can u be hotter then a team who has yet to lose a game with their starters in

See the NE Patriots v. NYG. 2007; Super Bowl XLII.
The Patriots also had yet to lose with their starters in but the Giants were the hotter team championship time came.

and Indy's starters, with a full half of football completed, and then some, could only manage a 15 pts on the Jets.
We've seen - up close and personal - what a hot Manning and Colt offense can do. And that wasn't it.

Last edited:
The Patriots also had yet to lose with their starters in but the Giants were the hotter team.

I disagree that the giants were the hotter team. Both teams were extremely hot and i believe that 7 times out of 10 the pats would've won that game and it shows that any given sunday any team can win.

I'm sure this has already been mentioned but what if we end up losing tomorrow and the 2 of the 3 teams we need to lose do lose and.....we end up missing. Will the boards go crazy? Will heads be called for? lol
:hides:

I disagree that the giants were the hotter team. Both teams were extremely hot and i believe that 7 times out of 10 the pats would've won that game and it shows that any given sunday any team can win.

I think the Giants were hotter because to make it to the big game, they had to post a series of playoff wins on the road.
@ Tampa
@ Dallas
@ Green Bay

The Pats played all their playoff games at home.
- bye
- Jacksonville
- San Diego
Also note that they had a bye week to rest up and then played two warm weather clubs up in frigid Foxborough...

I think the Giants were hotter because to make it to the big game, they had to post a series of playoff wins on the road.
@ Tampa
@ Dallas
@ Green Bay

The Pats played all their playoff games at home.
- bye
- Jacksonville
- San Diego
Also note that they had a bye week to rest up and then played two warm weather clubs up in frigid Foxborough...
also rivers was playing with a torn up knee,lt played one series,and gates got hurt in indy if 100% sd might have beat the pats:bender:

im just saying i fear the colts more then i fear the chargers. Both teams are scary and i wouldnt want to face either of them but i would rather have the 3rd seed to avoid playing the colts in the 2nd round and also having the possibility of having a home game

The Patriots also had yet to lose with their starters in but the Giants were the hotter team championship time came.

and Indy's starters, with a full half of football completed, and then some, could only manage a 15 pts on the Jets.
We've seen - up close and personal - what a hot Manning and Colt offense can do. And that wasn't it.

15 pts in less than 2.5 quarters isn't bad against the league's best defense...

If I were the Patriots I would want the # 3 seed because they have historically been pretty dominant in that series v. Indy.

If I was Cincinnati I would definitely prefer to take my chances with Indy over SD, as Indy just stands out as a much better matchup for Cincinnati with two topflight corners and an outstanding secondary. Further, With Maluluaga out Cincinnati's D is much more susceptible to the run, a SD specality and a Indy weakness.

If I were the Patriots I would want the # 3 seed because they have historically been pretty dominant in that series v. Indy. If I was Cincinnati I would definitely prefer to take my chances with Indy over SD, as Indy just stands out as a much better matchup for Cincinnati with two topflight corners and an outstanding secondary. Further, With Maluluaga out Cincinnati's D is much more susceptible to the run, a SD specality and a Indy weakness.

#3 seed would probably face SD not Indy

SD has the 29th ranked rushing offense...

... just saying

Wow, if we win tomorrow those afternoon/evening games are going to be mighty interesting!

Just so I'm sure of this we need two out of these three teams to lose; Denver, Baltimore and NY Jets.

Yep.

I was about to post the same thing.

Rivers had knee surgery 5 days before that game.

So you guys are saying that a healthy SD team might have beaten the Pats before they got to the SB??
I think that supports my point that the Pats weren't the "hot team", the Giants were.

So you guys are saying that a healthy SD team might have beaten the Pats before they got to the SB??
I think that supports my point that the Pats weren't the "hot team", the Giants were.

I agree.

The Giants were the "hot" team, not New England.

Even with LT on the sidelines and Rivers, Gates, and Merriman playing injured San Diego was driving the ball down the field.

They just couldn't get the ball in the endzone once they got to the red zone.

A healthy LT, Rivers, and/or Gates might have made the difference in that regard.

Back