Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Plane over here in Bellaire....

dream_team

Hall of Fame
Houston is too big of a market not to have a team. What city would be a better place to have a team. I’d rather not have a team if this is the garbage we are being fed.
you don't remember we didn't have a team for a while after the Oilers left? LA didn't have a team for a long time, which made zero sense. I'd rather have this team than no team. It sucked not having a home team to root for. I remembered I tried to become a 9ers fan, but it just wasn't in me.

TexansFight

Veteran
How long was Houston without an NFL team between the Oilers and the Texans?
6 years. If we hadn’t gotten the expansion team, the Rams or Chargers would have moved here eventually. Of course, I’d rather have a team than no team. But this team has pissed me off for virtually it’s entire existence. It has driven die hard supporters like us to indifference. I’m a Horn. I’m just going to focus on college football. I also have Sunday Ticket. I’d watch more of the other games and forget to turn back to watch the Texans. If Bob McNair felt it was his civic duty to bring a team back here his idiot son should sell the team because that would be a civic duty because he is an idiot and his team is an embarrassment

Maverick

Failure is not an option
Is it safe to say we don't hate the Texans, we just hate the way the Texans are being run?

6 years. If we hadn’t gotten the expansion team, the Rams or Chargers would have moved here eventually. Of course, I’d rather have a team than no team. But this team has pissed me off for virtually it’s entire existence. It has driven die hard supporters like us to indifference. I’m a Horn. I’m just going to focus on college football. I also have Sunday Ticket. I’d watch more of the other games and forget to turn back to watch the Texans. If Bob McNair felt it was his civic duty to bring a team back here his idiot son should sell the team because that would be a civic duty because he is an idiot and his team is an embarrassment

TexansFight

Veteran
Is it safe to say we don't hate the Texans, we just hate the way the Texans are being run?
Exactly. What pisses me off about them is that they’re arrogant and lack any humility at how they’ve run things. It seems the McNairs and Easterby are oblivious to the hunger we have as fans to have a Super Bowl winning club. I want an owner and organization that is hellbent on winning. It’s crystal clear that the McNairs do not have the passion and commitment to build a winner. They let BOB make some of the worst roster moves in NFL history. Instead of reflecting on that and say “hey we screwed up” they double down on the stupid by keeping Easterby. They are the most tone deaf organization in sports. Finally, as a Christian, they offend me by disqualifying people who have had issues in the past from being a member of the past. They come from a privileged world view and have no forgiveness in their hearts by taking a chance on someone with issues in their past.

Speedy

Former Yeller Dweller
It would have to be season ticket holders not renewing and not coming to games and the team losing concession sales and eventually ticket revenue. It sounds like there's a waiting list for season tickets which a social media campaign could help with, but I'm not sure that it's possible here with PSL's. Maybe someone with season tickets has some ideas (I think it's pie in the sky, but who knows).
No. That’s not possible with the PSL scam. With that, people are basically forced to buy tickets or they lose a pretty substantial investment.

Now, I would argue that buying the tickets and not using them and not being able to sell them at face value is a losing money situation too, so there’s that. I know there’s games I couldn’t go to that I couldn’t even give my tickets away. And the only time I could sell them was when the Patriots, Packers or Steelers, a team like that that travels well or has a big following all over.

And that’s why there’s a waiting list as well. With PSLs those tickets never become available to the public. The Texans having a waiting list isn’t because people are lining up wanting to buy them, it’s because they rarely become available because of the PSL scam that has you locked in.

Hopefully Caserio does the rebuild right and in 3-4 yrs the team will be in a better place.

Do you really think Cuck will let Caserio do his job and pick the best players available.

I'm guessing never gonna happen.
I don't think it's ever a question of picking the best player, the million dollar question is always what makes the best player. You value player X based on ____ and I value player Y based on ____.

Does anyone know if that plane only flew over Bellaire?

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
I don't think it's ever a question of picking the best player, the million dollar question is always what makes the best player. You value player X based on ____ and I value player Y based on ____.

Does anyone know if that plane only flew over Bellaire?
If say you're a WR, a guy like Hill, if you're a TE a guy with the skillset of Kelce, if you're a RB the skillset of a guy like Hunt.

Talented guys, just take the guys that make give you the chance to put the best product on the field as possible.

If say you're a WR, a guy like Hill, if you're a TE a guy with the skillset of Kelce, if you're a RB the skillset of a guy like Hunt.

Talented guys, just take the guys that make give you the chance to put the best product on the field as possible.
My point is your values in a player may be different from mine even if we want to put the best product on the field. Let's say you value a WR in this order: skill+potential+character and I value skill+character+potential. Let's say we both take a player but the player lacks our respective 3rd variable, you get skill+potential and I get skill+character. Maybe you get Hill and I get Michael Thomas?

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
My point is your values in a player may be different from mine even if we want to put the best product on the field. Let's say you value a WR in this order: skill+potential+character and I value skill+character+potential. Let's say we both take a player but the player lacks our respective 3rd variable, you get skill+potential and I get skill+character. Maybe you get Hill and I get Michael Thomas?
Give me skill and potential and if character gets in the way you cut the guy and pick another guy with skill and potential in the next draft. I'm talking about particularly in rds 4 thru 7.

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club

How has Hunt looked in Cleveland?

to me, JAG.

Put him in KC tomorrow & he’d look like an all-pro again

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
How has Hunt looked in Cleveland?

to me, JAG.

Put him in KC tomorrow & he’d look like an all-pro again
I think he's looked really good in the role he's had as a 3rd downRB and taking every 3rd series from Chubb. If he carried the ball as much as he did with the Chiefs I'm pretty sure his numbers would be about the same.

powda

The bridge between stupid and useless is short.
I’m still here! I check in often but don’t post much anymore. I should but really... there isn’t much I can add football wise. Y’all pretty much say it all.

Good to have you back.

Reactions: JB

badboy

Hall of Fame

In my opinion there are so many people in this draft that could be starters year one for the team. Bringing in a veteran like Q or X Howard would be amazing. Adding a first and second round in 2022 to go with our own would allow us to bring in at minimum with no trade down or really good players Next year.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
In my opinion there are so many people in this draft that could be starters year one for the team. Bringing in a veteran like Q or X Howard would be amazing. Adding a first and second round in 2022 to go with our own would allow us to bring in at minimum with no trade down or really good players Next year.
If they were to get say two 1st/2nd in 2021 and 2022 from the Jets and Q Williams how many 1st yr starters do you think they could get in 2021?

I think they could add guys that could start that were drafted in say the 3rd/4th rd in addition to the 1st/2nd rd since the 3rd/4th rd guys are high 3rd which is essentially another 2nd and the 4th is essentially a 3rd.

After watching the Sr Bowl today. this is a mock that I would hope for if a trade is made.

Rd.1 Wilson
Rd.1 Melifonu
Rd.2 Jabril Cox
Rd.3 Ellerson Smith
Rd.4 Keith Taylor
Rd.4 Kylin Hill
Rd.5 St.Juste to play FS.

I literally think all of those guys could start as rookies and be upgrades.

I'm going to do a mock at some point soon, maybe even tomorrow depending on if I have to take care of my mother in law.