Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Plane over here in Bellaire....

KA4Texan

Woof!
Contributor's Club
Too bad it wont happen.

The .000000000000001% chance she DID sell it, it would be a move of spite and it would be sold to OB for 10 bucks.

Thorn

Dirty Old Man
Easterby is not the problem, he's just a product of the fuster cluck.
Yeah, we got a crap owner and you know what rolls downhill. In the Texans case, that hill is covered in brown.

I just keep hoping that we'll luck out and this new HC/GM team will do some good. For a change.

Norg

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Bellaire was the suburbs now its the inner city

river oaks is the more expensive area

i live in humble it was a old town in north houston now its the inner city lol or the neighborhood next to the giant airport lol

TexansFight

Veteran
Won't selling the team open up the possibility of the team leaving Houston?

But if anything, I hope this banner is embarrassing for the McNairs.
Houston is too big of a market not to have a team. What city would be a better place to have a team. I’d rather not have a team if this is the garbage we are being fed.

powda

The bridge between stupid and useless is short.
There’s a plane over here in Bellaire flying a banner saying “Janice sell the team”
Thats absolutely amazing. This team won't be sold until Janice passes away. Cal might fold up his tent after that. Jmo

Max

Veteran
Thinking out loud here ... I wonder if in the age of social media, where people can band together on reddit and drive up the price of gamestop where it damages much larger institutions ... I wonder if any such thing will ever be done to a sports franchise to force a team to sell. Short squeeze on ownership. I wouldn't be surprised if something like that would happen one day in some city.

powda

Thinking out loud here ... I wonder if in the age of social media, where people can band together on reddit and drive up the price of gamestop where it damages much larger institutions ... I wonder if any such thing will ever be done to a sports franchise to force a team to sell. Short squeeze on ownership. I wouldn't be surprised if something like that would happen one day in some city.

I f*ing love you and your entrepreneurial spirit. Why wait?

Let's do exactly that.

Max

Veteran
I f*ing love you and your entrepreneurial spirit. Why wait?

Let's do exactly that.
It would have to be season ticket holders not renewing and not coming to games and the team losing concession sales and eventually ticket revenue. It sounds like there's a waiting list for season tickets which a social media campaign could help with, but I'm not sure that it's possible here with PSL's. Maybe someone with season tickets has some ideas (I think it's pie in the sky, but who knows).

Last edited:

Seegara

Guitar Picker, Dog Lover, Woodworker
Houston is too big of a market not to have a team. What city would be a better place to have a team. I’d rather not have a team if this is the garbage we are being fed.
San Antonio is just aching for a football team. They support the Spurs. They could take the Texans and call them the Rustlers or Renegades.

powda

It would have to be season ticket holders not renewing and not coming to games and the team losing concession sales and eventually ticket revenue. It sounds like there's a waiting list for season tickets which a social media campaign could help with, but I'm not sure that it's possible here with PSL's. Open to anyone's ideas on if this is possible here (I think it's pie in the sky, but who knows).
It's not pie in the sky.

I adore your gamestop reference to effecting nfl franchises. You've been awarded a seat on the propaganda board. Report to the "i quit" thread post #278 and below.

Your creativity will be needed for the campaign ahead. The group is tentatively called "The FUCS Club" but I am no dictator and its subject to change. Every man is a mountain. Our pandemic is Cal and Easterby.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
Easterby is not the problem, he's just a product of the fuster cluck.
Hopefully Caserio does the rebuild right and in 3-4 yrs the team will be in a better place.

Do you really think Cuck will let Caserio do his job and pick the best players available.

I'm guessing never gonna happen.

Max

Veteran
It's not pie in the sky.

I adore your gamestop reference to effecting nfl franchises. You've been awarded a seat on the propaganda board. Report to the "i quit" thread post #278 and below.

Your creativity will be needed for the campaign ahead. The group is tentatively called "The FUCS Club" but I am no dictator and its subject to change. Every man is a mountain. Our pandemic is Cal and Easterby.
I'm at your beck and call. texanpride

badboy

Hall of Fame
Bellaire was the suburbs now its the inner city

river oaks is the more expensive area

i live in humble it was a old town in north houston now its the inner city lol or the neighborhood next to the giant airport lol
I had an aunt who lived in the pine trees just outside of New Caney in the early 1960s. It was nothing but a shack and her husband was a drunk who did nothing to support them. My parents took us up there to help clean up. I enjoyed the bonfire and the at least ton of trash and brush we burned. Not long after the drunk died and that family began to heal. Long, long ago.

maverick512000

Hall of Fame
NFL didn’t want us to have a team, they wanted it to go to LA. McNair actually had to fight with the league a lot to convince them to sell and let him set up shop in Houston.

And never say you’d rather not have a team. Even if the team is bad as long as it’s here there is always hope they might can win. A city without a team will never win a championship.

badboy

Hall of Fame
1860’s

hahahahaha!!!! Just kidding man. I mean encino man. Hahahahaha!!!!!
Thorn and I arrived Houston area in 1960. I was ten. Never thought I'd live this long. In fact I thought Vietnam would take me out in the early seventies. My orders there in 1972 were canceled out when a coworker was caught sneaking drugs into the military prison where we worked. He lost all rank, was fined and got my orders to Viet Nam.

badboy

Hall of Fame
How long was Houston without an NFL team between the Oilers and the Texans?

badboy

Hall of Fame
Curious as to how that would work with a privately owned company. I just don't see how fans could bring much pressure on the owner of the Texans.

Max

Veteran
Curious as to how that would work with a privately owned company. I just don't see how fans could bring much pressure on the owner of the Texans.
I don't see the upside for a company. Buy everyone's PSL's, let them expire, drive down the price of the team, then what? The NFL would never approve them as a buyer and they're almost certainly going to lose a lawsuit. I don't think that there's a way to pull it off with PSL's. I am curious if it could happen to some team though that didn't have PSL's. Seems like we might see some kind of revolt against a team in some sport one of these days.

Carr Bombed

Hall of Fame
Thorn and I arrived Houston area in 1960. I was ten. Never thought I'd live this long. In fact I thought Vietnam would take me out in the early seventies. My orders there in 1972 were canceled out when a coworker was caught sneaking drugs into the military prison where we worked. He lost all rank, was fined and got my orders to Viet Nam.
My Grandfather fought in the Marines during the Korean war, durind the war his unit was sent out without him because he was held back due to injury.. His unit was wiped out. Without that injury, I wouldn't be sending this post.

Crazy how life works. I chose to serve because of him though. Great man and still is today.

Y'all aren't old.. However, y'all are case studies of what years of watching Houston pro football does to the Human body.. :) HEED WARNING FOLKS! lol.

Last edited:

badboy

Hall of Fame
My Grandfather fought in the Marines during the Korean war, durind the war his unit was sent out without him because he was held back due to injury.. His unit got wiped out. Without that injury, I probably wouldn't be sending this post.

Crazy how life works. I chose to serve because of him though. Great man.

However, y'all aren't old,. Y'all are just case studies of what years of watching Houston pro football does to the Human body.. :)
Mucho props to your grandfather. Studied Chosin Reservoir in boot camp. Friend of mom's was there. Alcoholic with PTSD. He knew I was USMC but never talked about Korea. She went with him once to USMC reunion but he passed out face into his plate. Refused help and his buddies told her he was always doing that. So many issues from combat.

Carr Bombed

Hall of Fame
Mucho props to your grandfather. Studied Chosin Reservoir in boot camp. Friend of mom's was there. Alcoholic with PTSD. He knew I was USMC but never talked about Korea. She went with him once to USMC reunion but he passed out face into his plate. Refused help and his buddies told her he was always doing that. So many issues from combat.
People never talk about that war.. History kinda skipped over that one despite the lasting effects today.

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club
Do you really think Cuck will let Caserio do his job and pick the best players available.
I don't know the answer, because I don't follow the draft as closely as you do, but how many knuckle heads have the Patriots drafted?

I remember they drafted Tyreek Hill, Kareem Hunt, & Travis Kelce... sorry, wrong team. New England passed on all of them.

Honestly, I can't think of any low-life thugs they drafted that worked out for them.

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club
As am I at yours. It will take a mind far greater then mine to effect change. A collective sustained effort here however can do it.
You don't think we're seeing change take place right now? Looks like Cal is backing out, & letting Caserio run the football side.

chicagotexan2

Easterby = Little Finger/Cal = Fredo Corleone
Man you guys have seen this city go thru some huge changes. Thanks for your service.