Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

[Pick 67] Davis Mills QB Stanford

powda

The bridge between stupid and useless is short.
Texans move. Reduces leverage to trade Watson or if we keep Watson drafts a backup QB when we have many many other issues. Don’t get it. SMH

He's a third round pick. He doesn't reduce leverage and he's another component in the most important position we field. He doesn't reduce leverage in a trade. He reduces leverage for Watson in our future interactions.

Well played nick. Now stack some future 22 picks.

Mr teX

Hall of Fame
I’m meh on the pick..like banned above me stated, I do t know if it’s what I would’ve done, but I understand and see what NC’s trying to do. But Mills is clearly a project and is gonna need at least 1 year on the bench. but if they/he can develop, we’ve got a sleeper pro bowler for sure.

he’s gotta work on letting it rip as opposed to trying to place it...gotta learn how to stand tall in the pocket instead of fading when contact is imminent.

paycheck71

Hall of Fame
I’m meh on the pick..like banned above me stated, I do t know if it’s what I would’ve done, but I understand and see what NC’s trying to do. But Mills is clearly a project and is gonna need at least 1 year on the bench. but if they/he can develop, we’ve got a sleeper pro bowler for sure.

he’s gotta work on letting it rip as opposed to trying to place it...gotta learn how to stand tall in the pocket instead of fading when contact is imminent.
At least a year is what we definitely got. We're picking #1 next year + whatever (if) we can get for DW.

texanhead08

All Pro
Its not a huge shock to draft a QB because most expect Watson to be suspended/traded at some point. You have a likely placeholder starter in Tyrod Taylor and another guy who shouldn't be in the league. If this guy develops which he could because he only played briefly in college you could have your starter if not you will suck so bad you will be in position to draft one high next year.

I have never seen him play but here are some positives
Good Size
Comes from a pro set offense at Stanford who have had multiple QB's drafted the past few years.

AcresHomesTexan

No Longer Arlington: Escaped From Jerry's World
Staff member
What I got is a highly talented thrower of the football, who has not played to his high school ranking, but has not been awful either. This about where in terms of the draft position he was supposed to go. and yes, the Texans need a long-term answer at QB since the better bet is that none of the current guys are on the roster by 2023.

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club
What I got is a highly talented thrower of the football, who has not played to his high school ranking, but has not been awful either. This about where in terms of the draft position he was supposed to go. and yes, the Texans need a long-term answer at QB since the better bet is that none of the current guys are on the roster by 2023.
I doubt we're looking for our long-term QB solution in the third. I m having a hard time seeing this as a need move.

He had to have been BPA, or it doesn't make sense. As a matter of fact, it still doesn't make sense, unless he was an, "If we had the #3 pick we would have traded down twice & took this guy at the top of the 2nd, I can't believe he's still here." Pick.