Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Pick 40

SnakeEyes

Under NRG
Jaylon Johnson or Gross-Matos could be that guy.
Or if he slipped to us Epenesa.

Reality is that JJ is not getting any younger. And has been injured for the better part of 4 seasons. While maybe not a speed guy, both GM and Epenesa can get to the QB. They are power types, JJ has the rare power and speed. Keep it in mind that either is only going to have to go 5-8yrds to get the QB. They might not be amazing if the QB runs or it's a run play (once they get through the OL). But they have the power to get through most linemen. By no means am I saying that they are slow. Just they are not the fast twitch muscle guys like a Watt or Donald. I'd be happy with either. I also like Delpit to make an OK secondary a great one. I think we have players who will be much better with a great SS and FS behind them. Reid's coming along well and that is a huge plus. Adding a player like Delpit who I think is a good coverage player would be great.

SnakeEyes

Under NRG
Now the rumor is he's trying to acquire another second round pick. Lol
If it doesn't cost us the farm...DO it! So many good players and many could start...I think it is that deep in positions we need. But not for another 1st or something like that. WR is deep enough we can get a good one in the 3rd and probably the 4th. I'm just not sure if OB and crew feel we need one. They pretty much got 2 WRs as FAs to make up for Hopkins. The plus side is both are different types of players. One is speed and then with Tate you have decent speed but very good hands and cutting. I only worry about concussion problems with Cooks. If he can avoid them he is going to help a ton.

mussop

Hall of Fame
Because

And we can with this roster as is so go defense! Try to keep the other team under 50.
Because

And we can with this roster as is so go defense! Try to keep the other team under 50.
This pic is too important to worry about whether resolve answer advanced it needs to be somebody that’s going to contribute right away spin the rest of the draft on defence if you want But it’s stupid to say this one pic has to be deviant stupid

gs27

Veteran
I am excited about all the players still on the board

Epenesa
Gross Matos
Baun
Winfield
Chinn

One of those defensive studs will fall to us. Hasn't been a player picked since Simmons that I like more than the guys listed above.

beerlover

Hall of Fame
ANTOINE WINFIELD JR. SS. 5-9 203 Minnesota.
He’s going to be a stud, pair him with Reed and Texans safety position is set with decent depth (Michael Thompson) is veteran leadership and core special teams player. Also think this would allow Texans to release Gipson. Great instincts and bloodline. Project to become a star player.

Tex1983

Practice Squad
Anyone think obrien is going to trade pick 40 for a player(or two)? Obrien already mentioned how the rookies this year wont be able to get up to speed for the regular season due to covid. Not to mention he already doesnt like to play rookies.

mussop

Hall of Fame
He’s going to be a stud, pair him with Reed and Texans safety position is set with decent depth (Michael Thompson) is veteran leadership and core special teams player. Also think this would allow Texans to release Gipson. Great instincts and bloodline. Project to become a star player.
He’s my favourite player in this draft.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
Or if he slipped to us Epenesa.

Reality is that JJ is not getting any younger. And has been injured for the better part of 4 seasons. While maybe not a speed guy, both GM and Epenesa can get to the QB. They are power types, JJ has the rare power and speed. Keep it in mind that either is only going to have to go 5-8yrds to get the QB. They might not be amazing if the QB runs or it's a run play (once they get through the OL). But they have the power to get through most linemen. By no means am I saying that they are slow. Just they are not the fast twitch muscle guys like a Watt or Donald. I'd be happy with either. I also like Delpit to make an OK secondary a great one. I think we have players who will be much better with a great SS and FS behind them. Reid's coming along well and that is a huge plus. Adding a player like Delpit who I think is a good coverage player would be great.
Agreed, I'm really high on Gross Matos

But I really hope they trade down and get another top 100 pick.

texan279

Hall of Fame
What about Eric Murray? I assume Murray would be starting SS being that he will make almost $7 mil/year for three years.

Number19

Hall of Fame
A lot of talent will be on the board at 40. If a trade down is there, we need to take it. But assuming we stay at 40, I think it will come down to improving our pass rush. And there are two starters that can be upgraded, Brennen Scarlett at SLB; and Brandon Dunn at NT. Behind Scarlett we have Jacob Martin and Duke Ejiofor. Behind Dunn, ???

If Julian Okwara is there, he has to be considered. The upgrade over Scarlett, Martin and Ejiofor is too much not for him to be in the running as the selection.

But NT is where we really need an upgrade. If there, Ross Blacklock or Justin Madubuike will be hard to pass up for consideration.

I really like the potential we have in Charles Omenihu at RDE. I'm uncertain A.J. Epenesa or Yetur Gross-Matos would be much of an improvement.

I think #40 will come down to three players: Okwara, Blacklock or Madubuike.

Mollywhopper

Facilitator
Staff member
Embarrassment of riches for a 40th pick potential..

Jaylon Johnson - CB - Utah
Kristian Fulton - CB - LSU
Yetur Gross-Matos - ED - PSU
AJ Epenesa - ED - Iowa
Ross Blacklock - DL - TCU
Neville Gallimore - DL - Oklahoma
Terrell Lewis - ED - Albama
Zack Baun - LB - Wisconsin
Antoine Winfield Jr - S - Minnesota
Jordan Elliott - DL - Missouri

badboy

Hall of Fame
A lot of talent will be on the board at 40. If a trade down is there, we need to take it. But assuming we stay at 40, I think it will come down to improving our pass rush. And there are two starters that can be upgraded, Brennen Scarlett at SLB; and Brandon Dunn at NT. Behind Scarlett we have Jacob Martin and Duke Ejiofor. Behind Dunn, ???

If Julian Okwara is there, he has to be considered. The upgrade over Scarlett, Martin and Ejiofor is too much not for him to be in the running as the selection.

But NT is where we really need an upgrade. If there, Ross Blacklock or Justin Madubuike will be hard to pass up for consideration.

I really like the potential we have in Charles Omenihu at RDE. I'm uncertain A.J. Epenesa or Yetur Gross-Matos would be much of an improvement.

I think #40 will come down to three players: Okwara, Blacklock or Madubuike.
I liked what little I saw of Vanderdoes at nose.

badboy

Hall of Fame

AJ Epenesa - ED - Iowa
I like all but Epenesa was my mock at 2.40 so..

texan279

Hall of Fame

AJ Epenesa - ED - Iowa
So how will BOB blow it?

:splits:

TexanBorn51

Veteran

Adam Schefter
✔@AdamSchefter

One personnel director calls this “the deepest second round in the last 25 years.” He believes there are 20 players available tonight that could have been first-round picks; there usually are 7-10. “There will be as many starters in this round that there are in the first round.”
3:24 PM - Apr 24, 2020
If that's the case then make it 3 picks at least Edge, DL CB 2 for defense 1 for offense OT, WR, Rb tonight and call it a day

Uncle Rico

Ur apology should be as loud as Ur disrespect was
Don’t hate the pick, but I probably go Delpit there. Not sure Blacklock was the best defender available. “Hope I’m wrong”