Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Phillip Lindsay signs with the Texans

Mac Jones is exactly the type QB you're describing and I don't see a Pats RB getting 1,200 yds.

But the Pat's are still top 10 (#9 right now) in total rushing yards for the season, their top 2 backs have over 900 yards on the season combined and the QB isn't needed in the run game to boost the numbers (Jones has 60 rush yards). They aren't dominant at 4.1 YPC but they are giving the QB enough help that it isn't all pass or nothing.

I don't think you need one back that gets you 1200 yards a season, nice to have but if I need to have two backs to get that 1200-1400 yards I can live with that.

The Texans have less than 800 yards total (in fairness they have played one less game than the Pats so far) they can't get a running game going with a fleet of RB's on the roster, yeah Oline sucks but they also don't have a clue who/what they want the run game to be.

But the Pat's are still top 10 (#9 right now) in total rushing yards for the season, their top 2 backs have over 900 yards on the season combined and the QB isn't needed in the run game to boost the numbers (Jones has 60 rush yards). They aren't dominant at 4.1 YPC but they are giving the QB enough help that it isn't all pass or nothing.

I don't think you need one back that gets you 1200 yards a season, nice to have but if I need to have two backs to get that 1200-1400 yards I can live with that.

The Texans have less than 800 yards total (in fairness they have played one less game than the Pats so far) they can't get a running game going with a fleet of RB's on the roster, yeah Oline sucks but they also don't have a clue who/what they want the run game to be.

Great post

And there in lies the problem, the ol sucks and they don't have a clue as to what they want in the run game.

Back