Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

PFN Mock Draft Simulator

Uncle Rico

Ur apology should be as loud as Ur disrespect was
Pretty fun app I ran into - everyone wants to be a GM right? Let’s see what y’all got!!

Here’s mine!

FBEA72B9-689D-461D-9E01-A80868AAEF44.png

OptimisticTexan

2024 / Rebuilding Block 4 After Playoffs / Texans
40.Josh Jones- OT Houston / Moving another LT to right side. I think he'd be better as RG entering the NFL. Should make an imposing right side with Howard. (6-5 @ 319 lbs)
57.Jordan Elliott- DT Missouri / Solid big-bodied DT to fill Reader's void for Day 1. JE might do what Reader couldn't do...put pressure on the QB and stop the run. (6-4 @ 302 lbs)
90.Alton Robinson- DE Syracuse / His size will be better suited as an OLB but possesses the ability to drop the hand on the ground when defense goes to a 4-man front. (6-3 @ 264 lbs)
111.A.J. Dillon- RB Boston College / His size and durability make him a perfect fit for OB's run game. He's a hard to bring down locomotive once he hits the hole. (6-0 @ 247 lbs)
171.Yasir Durant- OT Missouri / Big strong OL that could push for a starting job this season or gain valuable game experience as a rotational LT if Tunsil decides to leave in 2021. (6-6 @ 331 lbs)
240.Nick Coe- DE Auburn / Has an NFL body and strength. He's taken hits for his attitude
but he'd be rotational DE to start with. If the team can coach up his athletic ability, he could a force in short order. (6-5 @ 280 lbs)
248.Gage Cervenka- C Clemson / I truly believe he could become the eventual replacement for Martin at Center. Guy is a beast and probably one of the strongest OL in the draft. Plays G as well. Should meet the versatility criteria of the Texans. (6-3 @ 321 lbs)
250.Marquez Callaway- WR Tennessee / Another Vols player who could've slipped this far for who knows what...bad QB's might be a big reason. Crazy catch radius with Hopkins size. maybe a little faster since he's a real threat at Punt/Kick Returns. ST's gem late who could polish his receiving game. (6-1 @ 205 lbs)

Full Results

Not intended to be a glamour draft but a nuts and bolts blue collar draft to provide starters and depth in the trenches. Lot of versatility with each pick. I didn't take DB's b/c OB seems to have set this unit by bringing most of the guys back. Same could be said for the receivers but Callaway is Punt/Kick Returner who should earn his spot on the roster by being that guy on ST's while developing his receiving game as a WR4 or WR5.

The OL had to get better and I think the guys targeted could improve this unit quite a bit in 2020 and 2021. Same goes for the picks on defense.

OB is still sitting on the 4th most cap space (39M) as of the 27th. He could lock up Tunsil and/or seek another starter on defense. Not much meat left on the UFA bone but there'll probably be someone OB could get on the cheap. Save the Watson re-signing for 2021 or after his 2020 performance.

Lucky

Ride, Captain, Ride!
Staff member
Traded down with Bucs to pickup the 4th Billy lost in the Hopkins deal and and extra 5th. Dumped one of the 7th rounders, so no Aggie special teamers this year.

Couldn’t pass on best player available (Higgins)
All the top CBs and Edges we’re gone, so traded back
Again, best player available with Akers
Switched to best player at need position, Taylor top Edge left
Fotu is good value at need position
Ojemudia can develop into a good press corner
Luck to get Charles in 5th, can play both T spots
Brooks is a versatile defender at S/nickel LB and special teams
Stnrad can backup immediately at ILB
Dotson is a sleeper that can become a mauling RG

OptimisticTexan

2024 / Rebuilding Block 4 After Playoffs / Texans
40.Josh Jones- OT Houston / Moving another LT to right side. I think he'd be better as RG entering the NFL. Should make an imposing right side with Howard. (6-5 @ 319 lbs)
57.Jordan Elliott- DT Missouri / Solid big-bodied DT to fill Reader's void for Day 1. JE might do what Reader couldn't do...put pressure on the QB and stop the run. (6-4 @ 302 lbs)
90.Alton Robinson- DE Syracuse / His size will be better suited as an OLB but possesses the ability to drop the hand on the ground when defense goes to a 4-man front. (6-3 @ 264 lbs)
111.A.J. Dillon- RB Boston College / His size and durability make him a perfect fit for OB's run game. He's a hard to bring down locomotive once he hits the hole. (6-0 @ 247 lbs)
171.Yasir Durant- OT Missouri / Big strong OL that could push for a starting job this season or gain valuable game experience as a rotational LT if Tunsil decides to leave in 2021. (6-6 @ 331 lbs)
240.Nick Coe- DE Auburn / Has an NFL body and strength. He's taken hits for his attitude
but he'd be rotational DE to start with. If the team can coach up his athletic ability, he could a force in short order. (6-5 @ 280 lbs)
248.Gage Cervenka- C Clemson / I truly believe he could become the eventual replacement for Martin at Center. Guy is a beast and probably one of the strongest OL in the draft. Plays G as well. Should meet the versatility criteria of the Texans. (6-3 @ 321 lbs)
250.Marquez Callaway- WR Tennessee / Another Vols player who could've slipped this far for who knows what...bad QB's might be a big reason. Crazy catch radius with Hopkins size. maybe a little faster since he's a real threat at Punt/Kick Returns. ST's gem late who could polish his receiving game. (6-1 @ 205 lbs)

Full Results

Not intended to be a glamour draft but a nuts and bolts blue collar draft to provide starters and depth in the trenches. Lot of versatility with each pick. I didn't take DB's b/c OB seems to have set this unit by bringing most of the guys back. Same could be said for the receivers but Callaway is Punt/Kick Returner who should earn his spot on the roster by being that guy on ST's while developing his receiving game as a WR4 or WR5.

The OL had to get better and I think the guys targeted could improve this unit quite a bit in 2020 and 2021. Same goes for the picks on defense.

OB is still sitting on the 4th most cap space (39M) as of the 27th. He could lock up Tunsil and/or seek another starter on defense. Not much meat left on the UFA bone but there'll probably be someone OB could get on the cheap. Save the Watson re-signing for 2021 or after his 2020 performance.
The more I watch this off-season unfold, the more I like this draft. Granted, it’s a stretch Jones falls to the 40th pick but I suspect one of the top IOL will.

I also read that the Texans may be entertaining the idea of trying to sign the older Reid brother.

Based on the current and potential FA signings, I really feel like the trenches could be the focus in the upcoming draft. They still need Dillion in my mind.

rmartin65

Phil Kessel: Nice Guy. Tries Hard.
I ended up talking to a buddy I used to watch the draft with every year, and it got the old draft interest piqued. As fair warning, I watched minimal amounts of football this year (you could say I was a social watcher), so my knowledge of all the players is very limited and based off of reading online rankings and scouting reports, as well as youtube.

I ran the PFN simulator and selected:

40- K'Lavon Chaisson, Edge, LSU
90- Cameron Dantzler, CB, Mississippi State
111- Rashard Lawrence, DT, LSU
171- Ben Beseson, OG, Michigan
240- Sewo Olonilua, RB, TCU
248- Reggie Robinson, CB, Tulsa
250- Lawrence Cager, WR, Georgia

I don't know enough about all these players to give my own reports, but just based off of what I have read/seen, I am fairly happy with the results. Chaisson won't help a ton this year (outside of specific situations), but his raw potential is just too good to pass up at 40. Dantzler and Robinson add some help at DB, Lawrence is a motor guy on the DL, Beseson is a mauler on the OL, and Olonilua and Cager are gambles on some strong athletic ability.