Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Patriots at Texans

disaacks3

Staff member
Would it not be more accurate to say it's a who can play rather than who wants to For our defense? Corners Brad Roby, Lamar Johnson and sometimes Joseph have been out. Safeties Adams, Jordan Reed also have been out injured. IRC, Conley has played very well in his only two games as has Hargrave in the one game he has been on the roster. On offense rookie right tackle Howard returned last game and played less than 100%. It seems like he wants to play or he wouldn't be out there. Perhaps if Patriots would sit out their starting right tackle and both starting corners and both starting safeties...
I view it more as "we're so decimated, who wants to go out and play corner for a few snaps?" sort of situation. The Texans are spotting a 100-yd per game differential in passing defense this game. It's absoutely unreal. I'm pulling for the NE flu bug this week.

KA4Texan

Woof!
Contributor's Club
I view it more as "we're so decimated, who wants to go out and play corner for a few snaps?" sort of situation. The Texans are spotting a 100-yd per game differential in passing defense this game. It's absoutely unreal. I'm pulling for the NE flu bug this week.
That flu is our MVP... hopefully it doesn't join our roster in the coming weeks.

IF the Texans win, as much as I hate to admit it... they need to send the Cowboys a thank you card with theraflu packets.

Omerta

Waterboy
I am on record saying the Pats are a paper tiger. It sounds ludicrous, and maybe it is, but everything about that team is at least to some degree overrated.

They have a great back end, and Jamie Collins is a plus athlete. That said they are not some doomsday defense that is the 76 Raiders, 85 Bears, 00 Ravens, or 14 Hawks. They just aren't.

Their offense is junior highish. Double Edelman and they struggle because they have no perimeter talent.

Their brilliance is in BB. He can scheme an above average group of talent on defense to a great defense.

If the Texans play like they have a pair they will win imo because one on one, Nuk still makes plays. If they double him, Fuller feasts, opening up the offense.

Texans 20-17

If you play scared and don't test Gilmore or let DW4 move the pocket and throw from unconventional platforms, or gonoff script in run so they keep a LB in. They will just single nuk, bracket Fuller, and load the box and come after DW4. If that happens you lose.

Patriots 23-10.

Texansballer74

The Marine
Patriots (-3.5) at TexansPatriots: TE Ryan Izzo (illness) OUT; S Patrick Chung (illness, heel, chest), LB Jamie Collins (illness), OL Jermaine Eluemunor (illness), CB Stephon Gilmore (illness), LB Dont'a Hightower (illness), CB Joejuan Williams (illness), OL Isaiah Wynn (illness) OL Marcus Cannon (illness), LB Ja'Whaun Bentley (knee), WR Phillip Dorsett (concussion), DB Nate Ebner (ankle, back), WR Julian Edelman (shoulder), CB Jason McCourty (groin), WR Mohamed Sanu (ankle), WR Matthew Slater (hamstring), DL Byron Cowart (head), LB Kyle Van Noy (illness) QUESTIONABLE

via http://cbssportsapp.com

ROO

Tweak the offense already!
Patriots (-3.5) at TexansPatriots: TE Ryan Izzo (illness) OUT; S Patrick Chung (illness, heel, chest), LB Jamie Collins (illness), OL Jermaine Eluemunor (illness), CB Stephon Gilmore (illness), LB Dont'a Hightower (illness), CB Joejuan Williams (illness), OL Isaiah Wynn (illness) OL Marcus Cannon (illness), LB Ja'Whaun Bentley (knee), WR Phillip Dorsett (concussion), DB Nate Ebner (ankle, back), WR Julian Edelman (shoulder), CB Jason McCourty (groin), WR Mohamed Sanu (ankle), WR Matthew Slater (hamstring), DL Byron Cowart (head), LB Kyle Van Noy (illness) QUESTIONABLE
Illness? Belichick wanted to give a rest day to some of his regular troops and he figures the Texans game is the one to do it in since he is facing BOB this week, which is generally an easy win for the Pats, even with back-ups.

OptimisticTexan

2024 / Rebuilding Block 4 After Playoffs / Texans
How about OB ditch his predictable gameplan from the get-go and usher in a gameplan that lends itself to Watson enjoying his best coming out party against the Patriots?

Also, I'd never buy for a second that the Patriots are being decimated by a flu bug. What I would buy, BB selling this crap in order to disarm OB. Maybe a scheme to keep his gameplan conservative and predictable. OB could come into the game with the mindset of scheming to not lose (ball control) versus scheming his offense into a full wide open attack.

If they were sick for most of the week with the flu.......wouldn't you want to scheme a wide-open no-huddle offense that basically just runs their arses into the ground?

OB needs to treat this game like an NBA All Star game......balls to the wall for 4 quarters, dare the Patriots to keep up and let the chips fall where they fall.

maverick512000

Hall of Fame
How about OB ditch his predictable gameplan from the get-go and usher in a gameplan that lends itself to Watson enjoying his best coming out party against the Patriots?

Also, I'd never buy for a second that the Patriots are being decimated by a flu bug. What I would buy, BB selling this crap in order to disarm OB. Maybe a scheme to keep his gameplan conservative and predictable. OB could come into the game with the mindset of scheming to not lose (ball control) versus scheming his offense into a full wide open attack.

If they were sick for most of the week with the flu.......wouldn't you want to scheme a wide-open no-huddle offense that basically just runs their arses into the ground?

OB needs to treat this game like an NBA All Star game......balls to the wall for 4 quarters, dare the Patriots to keep up and let the chips fall where they fall.
I think you are overthinking it. BB doesn’t have to put that much effort into out coaching BoB. Seriously this isn’t a match up of great rivals here, BoB and the Texans are barely a blip on NE’s radar.

banned1976

sleeper mode
Not if Carlos Hyde has a productive day. Should keep possessions & scoring to a minimum.
The Patriots are aware of Hyde and will probably try to bottle him up. With the Patriots secondary being solid Beli will have a plan for Hyde. The Patriots always try to take the opposing teams best weapons away from them.

My gut feeling is the Texans leading rusher tomorrow will be Watson. I don’t know if that will be a positive or negative for them.

Reactions: ROO

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club
The Patriots are aware of Hyde and will probably try to bottle him up. With the Patriots secondary being solid Beli will have a plan for Hyde. The Patriots always try to take the opposing teams b
If only we had a DC with that kind of experience.

banned1976

sleeper mode
If only we had a DC with that kind of experience.
Experience is one thing. Experience along with the history of routinely shutting down dynamic playmakers/offenses is something different. I haven’t seen RAC/BoB achieve that yet with success.

I believe there’s one commonality between BB and BoB - they both have a compulsion to control every aspect of their respective teams and the game. Belicheck is really successful at it, which is why he’s the GOAT. BoB hasn’t had as much success which is why his record is slightly above mediocre and he has yet to beat BB. Now if that changes tomorrow night, BoB might earn a little more respect around here. Because he does have so much control of the team he is due more of the accolades (or blame, whatever the case may be).

Fred

Veteran
You know,

If one poster stops, we can get past this BO'b/jic thing right now.
Yes, it is one poster with dozens of posts on the same thing in every thread. Making many people not visit the board near as much as they would otherwise because it is just too much non-stop nonsense. If this board had a Moderator this problem could easily be solved.

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club
Experience is one thing. Experience along with the history of routinely shutting down dynamic playmakers/offenses is something different. I haven’t seen RAC/BoB achieve that yet with success.
I'm just wondering why RAC hasn't been able to do so to opposing teams the way the Patriots have.

Even before the injuries decimated our talent, we "out talented" other teams (or not) more than out coached other teams.

I guess Belichick has evolved since Romeo

Seegara

Guitar Picker, Dog Lover, Woodworker
Yes, it is one poster with dozens of posts on the same thing in every thread. Making many people not visit the board near as much as they would otherwise because it is just too much non-stop nonsense. If this board had a Moderator this problem could easily be solved.
That's fighting talk.

TexansBull

Hall of Fame
I personally like the way the board is set up as opposed as what it was previously. More open and friendly.

@steelbtexan had the same schtick with Rick Smith. Now it’s the same thing different name. Granted, he says some stupid stuff I don’t agree with but I don’t let it affect my experience on this board.

I guess through the many years of being on the board I have figured out how to use my THUMB and keep scrolling past the same arguments. I don’t use the ignore button because that is for pansies.

There are people I don’t like at work but I keep showing up. There are people that I don’t like in my family but I still see them. Let’s not get all upset because of one person.

Kudos to the new mods and direction of the board. You can’t please everybody, but you are pleasing most everybody.

CloakNNNdagger

Hall of Fame
Carlos Hyde

Can I get a hunnid? Come to play big dog. Time to open some eyes, & shut up those doubters, be the difference.
This I believe will be the key.........especially if we want to wear down the Pats D. I'm afraid if Watson is given the ball too often, the Pats secondary will be looking for and will finding the ball too often. Furthermore, Watson better secure the ball.........and stop swinging it as if to taunt the D to strip it.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
I personally like the way the board is set up as opposed as what it was previously. More open and friendly.

@steelbtexan had the same schtick with Rick Smith. Now it’s the same thing different name. Granted, he says some stupid stuff I don’t agree with but I don’t let it affect my experience on this board.

I guess through the many years of being on the board I have figured out how to use my THUMB and keep scrolling past the same arguments. I don’t use the ignore button because that is for pansies.

There are people I don’t like at work but I keep showing up. There are people that I don’t like in my family but I still see them. Let’s not get all upset because of one person.

Kudos to the new mods and direction of the board. You can’t please everybody, but you are pleasing most everybody.
I'm not for everybody

I was right about RS

I'm betting I'm right about Watson

Fred is on my ignore list for a reason.

Reactions: ROO

KA4Texan

Woof!
Contributor's Club
Ugh... Texans HAVE to win this game.

We cant be tied with the Titans with 2 of our remaining games being against them.

I dont mind being tied with the Colts, or losing to the Colts (Im used to it with our history) but... the Titans.... being AFC South Champs..... saying that puts a taste on the tongue like licking a gas station bathroom.

I know that the Texans arent likely to do much more than the norm in the playoffs... but.... Titans... *shudders in disgust*

ATXtexanfan

Hall of Fame
Ugh... Texans HAVE to win this game.

We cant be tied with tge Titans with 2 of our remaining games being against them.

I dont mind being tied with the Colts, or losing to the Colts (Im used to it with our history) but... the Titans.... being AFC South Champs..... saying that puts a taste on the tongue like licking a gas station bathroom.

I know that tge Texans arent likely to do much more than the norm in the playoffs... but.... Titans... *shudders in disgust*
Titans twice and a dirty bucs teams last 3 weeks

Sets up for drama

chicagotexan2

Easterby = Little Finger/Cal = Fredo Corleone
This game will not be close.

Patriots 27
Texans 17

I hope I’m wrong but against the better teams we’ve all seen too much BoB the boob than BoB the HC.

CloakNNNdagger

Hall of Fame
Brissett was miserable..........Vinateri continued to look bad. I don't credit the Titans as much with winning the game as the Colts for losing the game. The Titans lost 2 fumbles, Brissett was intercepted twice, the Colts sacked Tannehill 6 times, Vinateri missed 3 of 4 FGs....................The Titans were repeatedly gifted the game.

Bugman7star

All Pro
The idea of being tied with the Titans makes me ill. We need to make a statement. Hopefully a positive one. This is an opportunity to shine or S!@# our pants. Home game, Sunday night spotlight. We shall see.

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club
Brissett was miserable..........Vinateri continued to look bad. I don't credit the Titans as much with winning the game as the Colts for losing the game. The Titans lost 2 fumbles, Brissett was intercepted twice, the Colts sacked Tannehill 6 times, Vinateri missed 3 of 4 FGs....................The Titans were repeatedly gifted the game.
Yeah, that's a more accurate review than mine.

KA4Texan

Woof!
Contributor's Club
With all the exciting games I hope tonight isn’t a dud.
I hope it is, just a dud in a way no one expects....

The Texans dominating the Patriots like the Ravens dominated us.

IF Texans win something like 56 to 7... it would be a painfully dull game to watch.... but Id grin ear to ear.... I dont expect to be so happy, but I would be.

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club
I hope it is, just a dud in a way no one expects....

The Texans dominating the Patriots like the Ravens dominated us.

IF Texans win something like 56 to 7... it would be a painfully dull game to watch.... but Id grin ear to ear.... I dont expect to be so happy, but I would be.
Cynthia Freuland on NFLN predicts we'll score 20 points. That's 11 points more than I was predicting.