Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Parking Spots and Canopies

ConroeKeith1982

Practice Squad
I’ve got a simple question, and I’ve looked through numerous threads and couldn’t find an answer.
I read on the Texans website that tailgating is limited to an 8’ x 16’, and that you cannot spill over into the drive lane designated by the blue lines down each aisle.
My question is, will this be enough space to park an extended cab truck and set up your average 10’ x 10’ E-Z Up Canopy in front of or behind the truck? I know I’ve seen people at past games that have set up like this. I just didn’t know if it’s because they have an additional parking pass or if it’s because there’s enough room. I am just curious due to the high chance of rain on Sunday.

I’ve got a simple question, and I’ve looked through numerous threads and couldn’t find an answer.
I read on the Texans website that tailgating is limited to an 8’ x 16’, and that you cannot spill over into the drive lane designated by the blue lines down each aisle.
My question is, will this be enough space to park an extended cab truck and set up your average 10’ x 10’ E-Z Up Canopy in front of or behind the truck? I know I’ve seen people at past games that have set up like this. I just didn’t know if it’s because they have an additional parking pass or if it’s because there’s enough room. I am just curious due to the high chance of rain on Sunday.
Generally speaking, no, not with an extended cab.

But...

As long as you aren't extending into the blue-line area when traffic tries to pass, you should be OK. If this means that part of your canopy drapes over the truck, that's what you'll be stuck with without an extra space.

Thanks, that's what I figured. Putting part of it over the bed of my truck shouldn't be too big of a problem since it's only going to be me and my fiancee trying to stay dry.

Back