Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

OptimisticTexan 2022 Mock - You Want Trades….You Got Trades!!!

OptimisticTexan

2024 / Rebuilding Block 4 After Playoffs / Texans
PFN MOCK SIMULATOR

TRADES:
1. NY Giants Get:
RD1-003

Texans Get:
RD1-007 / RD2-036 / RD3-081

Giants wanting and drafting DE, Kayvon Thibodeaux (Oregon)

GRADE: B+

2. Eagles Get:
RD1-007

Texans Get:
RD1-015 / RD2-051 / RD3-083 / RD5-154

Eagles wanting and drafting LT, Charles Cross (Mississippi State)

3. Steelers Get:
RD1-022 / RD7-245

Texans Get:
RD1-020

Steelers wanting and drafting DL, Devonte Wyatt (Georgia) and DL, DJ Dale (Alabama)

GRADE: C+

4. Packers Get:
RD1-013 / WR- Brandon Cooks (Used 2023 RD2 as value marker for Cooks)

Texans Get:
RD1-022 / RD2-053 / RD2-059 / RD4-140

Packers wanting and drafting DE, George Karlaftis (Purdue)

5. Colts Get:
RD2-037

Texans Get:
RD2-042 / RD4-122 / RD5-159

Colts wanting and drafting QB- Sam Howell (North Carolina)

GRADE: B

MOCK DRAFT / ROSTER FILLER

RD1-015: LT- Trevor Penning (Northern Iowa) B-
RD1-020: LG- Zion Johnson (Boston College) B+

RD2-036: CB- Jalen Pitre (Baylor) A-
RD2-042: DL- Travis Jones (Connecticut) A
RD2-051: RB- Breece Hall (Iowa State) B
RD2-053: WR- Christian Watson (North Dakota State) B
RD2-059: LB- Leo Chenal (Wyoming) A+

RD3-068: RG- Jamaree Salyer (Georgia) B+
RD3-080: QB- Carson Strong (Nevada) A
RD3-083: CB- Marcus Jones (Houston) B+

RD4-107: RB- Tyler Allgeier (BYU) A-
RD4-108: CB- Zyon McCollum (Sam Houston State) C
RD4-122: SS- Sterling Weatherford (Miami-Ohio) C+
RD4-140: RB- Pierre Strong, Jr (South Dakota State) B

RD5-154: TE- Jelani Woods (Virginia) A-
RD5-159: FS- Markquese Ball (Florida A&M) B+

RD6-183: SWR- Danny Gray (SMU) C
RD6-205: CB- Jaylon Watson (Washington State) D
RD6-207: RT- Andrew Stueber (Michigan) C

OVERALL DRAFT GRADE: A-

I think the trade grades could’ve been better had I continued until the meter showed the trade may not go through. This feature might need a little tweaking since in another Mock (I didn’t keep) I traded the #3 pick to the Ravens for their “ENTIRE” draft…..when did Mike Ditka become the Ravens GM?

I tried to keep the trades rational and from the players selected with those picks….they’d probably be highly justified, hindsight being 20/20.

Okay….19 players would indeed be a haul. 7 players would cost some money, with only 2 RD1 players. 12 of the players would be RD3 and later….which would be an affordable haul of players with the potential of a lot of upside.

One thing, if the Texans wanted to come away from the draft with a running game….then this draft should give them that. Penning, Johnson, Salyer, and Stueber are all big and nasty lineman known for their run game blocking. Add in the young legs of Hall, Allgeier, and Strong, Jr who were all extremely productive in all facets of the running game and the Texans should be able to deliver a multi-faceted run game….especially with Burkhead and a FB to help open holes.

Of course the loss of Cooks will sting initially, but replacing him with Watson and Gray should help out Collins…who could be the WR leader going into this season any ways. Mills and Collins have spent the off-season together which should bring results to the field. Could be fun watching Watson and/or Gray taking the tops off defenses while Jelani Woods could bring something special to the TE position.

Texans get a QB in Strong to develop like Mills and only a season behind him. Strong may have had more CFB games under his belt, but Mills has an NFL season under center over him. Kyle Allen will be a nice QB2 which should help both Mills and Strong with their development.

I know this draft is lopsided towards the offense….but this unit must get on track so they can get a better feel for Mills’ future as QB1.

Lovie won’t feel “Un-Lovied” when the Texans bring in CB- Jalen Pitre (5-11 @ 198 lbs / 4.43-40), DL- Travis Jones (6-4 @ 325 lbs / 4.92-40), LB- Leo Chenal (6-3 @ 250 lbs / 4.53-40), NCB/KR- Marcus Jones (5-8 @ 174 lbs / 4.38-40), CB- Zyon McCollum (6-2 @ 199 lbs / 4.33-40), SS- Sterling Weatherford (6-4 @ 230 lbs / 4.59-40), FS- Markquese Bell (6-2 @ 212 lbs / 4.41-40), and DB- Jaylon Watson (6-2 @ 197 lbs / 4.51-40) to help fill out his defense and provide some solid plus speedy athletes for ST’s.

Last edited:
PFN MOCK SIMULATOR

TRADES:
1. NY Giants Get:
RD1-003

Texans Get:

2. Eagles Get:
RD1-007

Texans Get:

3. Steelers Get:
RD1-022 / RD7-245

Texans Get:
RD1-020

Steelers wanting and drafting DL, Devonte Wyatt (Georgia) and DL, DJ Dale (Alabama)

4. Packers Get:

Texans Get:

5. Colts Get:
RD2-037

Texans Get:

I think the trade grades could’ve been better had I continued until the meter showed the trade may not go through. This feature might need a little tweaking since in another Mock (I didn’t keep) I traded the #3 pick to the Ravens for their “ENTIRE” draft…..when did Mike Ditka become the Ravens GM?

I tried to keep the trades rational and from the players selected with those picks….they’d probably be highly justified, hindsight being 20/20.

Okay….19 players would indeed be a haul. 7 players would cost some money, with only 2 RD1 players. 12 of the players would be RD3 and later….which would be an affordable haul of players with the potential of a lot of upside.

One thing, if the Texans wanted to come away from the draft with a running game….then this draft should give them that. Penning, Johnson, Salyer, and Stueber are all big and nasty lineman known for their run game blocking. Add in the young legs of Hall, Allgeier, and Strong, Jr who were all extremely productive in all facets of the running game and the Texans should be able to deliver a multi-faceted run game….especially with Burkhead and a FB to help open holes.

Of course the loss of Cooks will sting initially, but replacing him with Watson and Gray should help out Collins…who could be the WR leader going into this season any ways. Mills and Collins have spent the off-season together which should bring results to the field. Could be fun watching Watson and/or Gray taking the tops off defenses while Jelani Woods could bring something special to the TE position.

Texans get a QB in Strong to develop like Mills and only a season behind him. Strong may have had more CFB games under his belt, but Mills has an NFL season under center over him. Kyle Allen will be a nice QB2 which should help both Mills and Strong with their development.

I know this draft is lopsided towards the offense….but this unit must get on track so they can get a better feel for Mills’ future as QB1.

Lovie won’t feel “Un-Lovied” when the Texans bring in CB- Jalen Pitre (5-11 @ 198 lbs / 4.43-40), DL- Travis Jones (6-4 @ 325 lbs / 4.92-40), LB- Leo Chenal (6-3 @ 250 lbs / 4.53-40), NCB/KR- Marcus Jones (5-8 @ 174 lbs / 4.38-40), CB- Zyon McCollum (6-2 @ 199 lbs / 4.33-40), SS- Sterling Weatherford (6-4 @ 230 lbs / 4.59-40), FS- Markquese Bell (6-2 @ 212 lbs / 4.41-40), and DB- Jaylon Watson (6-2 @ 197 lbs / 4.51-40) to help fill out his defense and provide some solid plus speedy athletes for ST’s.
NYG interesting--who does Thibs replace? Ojulari 21 YOA 8 sacks SLB so perhaps WLB?

You are obsessed. Quite the haul. One hell of a lot of thought and time put into this one. Well done sir 👍

I’ve gotten to the point where I can chew these Mocks up and spit them out. Mostly b/c I’ve got certain players that really appeal to me and I find it interesting if I can do Mock’s and still find them.

What I really dig is when you guys or I can find someone missed. I’ve gone back and studied Christian Watson and he should be a solid pick for any team. I really like his willingness to be a blocking WR as well. Watson and Collins would be a special pair in my book.

Another guy I hadn’t really seen was SS/Hybrid LB- Sterling Weatherford (Miami-Ohio). He could be a really interesting chess piece for Lovie.

I like the OL being immediately addressed with quality players! Travis Jones should prove to be excellent value in that slot if he makes it as well. Christian Watson is a stud and belongs on a run-oriented football team like the Texans hope to become.

I’ve gotten to the point where I can chew these Mocks up and spit them out. Mostly b/c I’ve got certain players that really appeal to me and I find it interesting if I can do Mock’s and still find them.

What I really dig is when you guys or I can find someone missed. I’ve gone back and studied Christian Watson and he should be a solid pick for any team. I really like his willingness to be a blocking WR as well. Watson and Collins would be a special pair in my book.

Another guy I hadn’t really seen was SS/Hybrid LB- Sterling Weatherford (Miami-Ohio). He could be a really interesting chess piece for Lovie.
Put him on the ST squad to adjust and learn the system.

Put him on the ST squad to adjust and learn the system.

Exactly what I was thinking. This athlete could really develop and might turn into a poor man’s Hamilton…..especially if he took 5-10 pounds off his frame during his development period.

I like the OL being immediately addressed with quality players! Travis Jones should prove to be excellent value in that slot if he makes it as well. Christian Watson is a stud and belongs on a run-oriented football team like the Texans hope to become.

I would hold out hope that a receiver like Watson and his on-field work ethic rubs off on all the Texans receivers. Talking about bumping up the possibilities of the running game…..nothing would do it better than having receivers blowing up DB’s downfield.

Im afraid, Watson will get over drafted. Like to say he’s the next Jordy Nelson but not enamored with his hands (28.8% drop rate as a Junior) numbers will not support taking him early 2nd, not in my book vs guy like Sky Moore.

Now Sterling Weatherford is a player Lovie will covet. Smart kid, nice size and still very much overlooked so a team is getting good value for a long, rangy safety who can also play some coverage linebacker. I like mocking him mid third day.

Im afraid, Watson will get over drafted. Like to say he’s the next Jordy Nelson but not enamored with his hands (28.8% drop rate as a Junior) numbers will not support taking him early 2nd, not in my book vs guy like Sky Moore.

Now Sterling Weatherford is a player Lovie will covet. Smart kid, nice size and still very much overlooked so a team is getting good value for a long, rangy safety who can also play some coverage linebacker. I like mocking him mid third day.

I wanted Skyy Moore but he went the pick before Watson. Watson’s stock will rise b/c of his size, speed, and willingness to be a blocker down field. I think hands can be improved but his other tangibles are what every WR Coach desires.

My rathers would be WR, Chris Olave but I decided on Moore or Watson later so LT, Penning and LG, Johnson could be the RD1 picks. This team has to get the running game propped up. This is going to take some linemen with a nasty demeanor and desire to destroy at the first and second level….some solid young legs to spread out the workload and some receivers who don’t mind moving DB’s out of the way when the runner is coming their way.

PFN MOCK SIMULATOR

TRADES:
1. NY Giants Get:
RD1-003

Texans Get:

2. Eagles Get:
RD1-007

Texans Get:

3. Steelers Get:
RD1-022 / RD7-245

Texans Get:
RD1-020

4. Packers Get:

Texans Get:

5. Colts Get:
RD2-037

Texans Get:

It's 2026 and you now have to resign these guys to their 2nd contracts. I don't know what the cap will be but there is a good chance you will need $200MM more than what the cap is going to be.

It's 2026 and you now have to resign these guys to their 2nd contracts. I don't know what the cap will be but there is a good chance you will need $200MM more than what the cap is going to be.

That’s been the Texans biggest mistake all along….waiting until contracts are expiring to try and re-sign solid team players. You could take a group this big and spread their re-signings out as they begin to prove their value. Also a good way to keep those re-signings cheaper along the way.

That’s been the Texans biggest mistake all along….waiting until contracts are expiring to try and re-sign solid team players. You could take a group this big and spread their re-signings out as they begin to prove their value. Also a good way to keep those re-signings cheaper along the way.
It doesn't work that way.

I believe you can re-sign players cheaper in year 2 or 3 than you can at the end of a 4 year contract. It can work anyway a team wants to make it work.
Their 2nd contracts are $10s of millions more than their first. At the earliest you might get a player to sign a new contract the year before their 1st contract expires. Regrdless the new contract does not take effect untilthe 1st contract expires.

Their 2nd contracts are $10s of millions more than their first. At the earliest you might get a player to sign a new contract the year before their 1st contract expires. Regrdless the new contract does not take effect untilthe 1st contract expires.
That is true if it is an extension but if it is a contract reworked it can begin immediately just like Watson's.

Just executed a subtle, but crazy Mock.

1. Jets Get:
RD1-013 / 2023 RD1 (1st Pick)
Texans Get:
RD1-004
Jets Draft:
EDGE- Travon Walker (Georgia)

2. Saints Get:
LT- Laremy Tunsil / 2023 RD2
Texans Get:
RD1-018 / RD3-101

3. Ravens Get:
RD3-101 / RD7-245
Texans Get:
RD4-110 / RD6-196
Ravens Draft:
TE- Jalen Wydermyer (Texas A&M)
CB- Josh Thompson (Texas)

MY MOCK
RD1-003: SS- Kyle Hamilton (Notre Dame)
RD1-004: CB- Ahmad “Sauce” Gardner (Cincinnati)
RD1-018: LT- Trevor Penning (Northern Iowa)

RD2-037: DT- Travis Jones (Connecticut)

RD3-068: RG- Jamaree Salyer (Georgia)
RD3-080: WR- Khalil Shakir (Boise State)

RD4-107: CB- Zyon McCollum (Sam Houston State)
RD4-108: RB- Tyler Allgeier (BYU)
RD4-110: TE- Jelani Woods (Virginia)
RD4-111: OG- Luke Goedeke (Central Michigan)

RD6-183: RB- Hassan Haskins (Michigan)
RD6-196: SWR- Danny Gray (SMU)
RD6-205: OG- Ryan Van Demark (Connecticut)
RD6-207: RT- Andrew Stueber (Michigan)

Would the additions of Hamilton, Gardner, Jones, McCollum be enough to make a difference with the defense in 2022? I think Lovie could make these 4 defensive picks work just fine in his 4-3 scheme. I’d predict 3 as being starters right away with McCollum being a solid rotation player. I might try sliding McCollum back to FS in order to take full advantage of his 4.3 speed.

Each offensive lineman was selected b/c they’re road grading lineman who play the game with a nasty demeanor. Penning, Salyer, Goedeke, Van Demark, and Stueber should be able to make plenty of running lanes on both sides of the line for Allgeier and Haskins, while Burkhead handles 3rd down back duties.

Shakir, Gray, and Woods would be solid additions to the receiving crew since Collins and Cooks would be the featured receivers.

By the way…..using a 2023 RD1 along with the team’s RD1-013 to move up to RD1-004 could be justified if putting 2 of the top defensive backs together in the same draft was important.

Tunsil is a solid Pro Bowl pass blocking LT but not so great in the run game. I’ve liked Penning from early on and he’s done nothing but solidified my thoughts ever since. I think he’s the best LT in the draft. I like Michigan’s ability to put OL in the NFL. It would be crazy if Stueber remains a late round pick but if he does…..don’t be surprised if he turns into a solid RT. Salyer, Goedeke, and Van Demark will certainly fill up the IOL.

Just did a interesting Mock…..it mostly covered the trenches. Only did one trade.

Eagles Get:
RD1-003

Texans Get:
RD1-016 / RD1-019 / RD3-083

Eagles select: EDGE- Kayvon Thibodeaux (Oregon)

MOCK
RD1-013: LT- Trevor Penning (Northern Iowa)
RD1-016: DE- Jermaine Johnson II (Florida State)
RD1-019: LG- Zion Johnson (Boston College)

RD3-080: FS- Nick Cross (Maryland)
RD3-083: CB- Marcus Jones (Houston)

RD4-107: RB- Tyler Allgeier (BYU)
RD4-108: CB- Zyon McCollum (Sam Houston State)

RD6-183: RB- Pierre Strong, Jr (South Dakota State)
RD6-205: OL- Ryan Van Demark (Connecticut)

RD7-245: TE- Lucas Krull (Pitt)

After the addition of some serious trench personnel on both sides of the ball, it’s pure speed at the skill positions. Penning would get a season behind Tunsil, unless he unseats him, and Tunsil could be moved for 2023 draft picks.

Just did a interesting Mock…..it mostly covered the trenches. Only did one trade.

Eagles Get:
RD1-003

Texans Get:
RD1-016 / RD1-019 / RD3-083

Eagles select: EDGE- Kayvon Thibodeaux (Oregon)

MOCK
RD1-013: LT- Trevor Penning (Northern Iowa)
RD1-016: DE- Jermaine Johnson II (Florida State)
RD1-019: LG- Zion Johnson (Boston College)

RD3-080: FS- Nick Cross (Maryland)
RD3-083: CB- Marcus Jones (Houston)

RD4-107: RB- Tyler Allgeier (BYU)
RD4-108: CB- Zyon McCollum (Sam Houston State)

RD6-183: RB- Pierre Strong, Jr (South Dakota State)
RD6-205: OL- Ryan Van Demark (Connecticut)

RD7-245: TE- Lucas Krull (Pitt)

After the addition of some serious trench personnel on both sides of the ball, it’s pure speed at the skill positions. Penning would get a season behind Tunsil, unless he unseats him, and Tunsil could be moved for 2023 draft picks.
I want RB Hassan Haskins - but we'll have to nab him around the #150 area. Maybe higher.

I want RB Hassan Haskins - but we'll have to nab him around the #150 area. Maybe higher.

Hassan Haskins could be picked at the 107 slot instead of Allgeier. I think Allgeier may be faster but Haskins would be the better blocker. Either one of these two would be a fit and represent the “Thunder” while Strong, Jr would represent the “Lightning”.

Hassan Haskins could be picked at the 107 slot instead of Allgeier. I think Allgeier may be faster but Haskins would be the better blocker. Either one of these two would be a fit and represent the “Thunder” while Strong, Jr would represent the “Lightning”.
And you couldn't use Haskins just as a blocker as that would be too obvious.
Block, release and be ready for the dump off in the flat.

I decided to give the PFN Mock Simulator a go and came up with the following draft. I had and accepted 3 trade offers that made a lot of sense. The results are as follows:

TRADES
1. Chiefs Get:
RD1-003
Texans Get:
RD1-029 / RD1-030 / RD2-050 / 2023 RD2

Chiefs Draft: CB- Ahmad Gardner (Cincinnati)

2. Bengals Get:
RD1-013 / RD6-183
Texans Get:
RD1-031 / RD2-063 / RD3-095 / 2023 RD2

Bengals Draft: LT- Charles Cross (Mississippi State) / RB- Hassan Haskins (Michigan)

3. Raiders Get:
RD3-080 / RD6-207
Texans Get:
RD3-086 / RD4-126

Raiders Draft: WR- Jalen Tolbert (South Alabama) / QB- Aqeel Glass (Alabama A&M)

MOCK DRAFT
RD1-029: LG- Zion Johnson (Boston College)
RD1-030: CB/S- Daxton Hill (Michigan)
RD1-031: RG- Kenyon Green (Texas A&M)

RD2-050: WR- Alec Pierce (Cincinnati)
RD2-063: DE- Cameron Thomas (San Diego State)

RD3-068: DT/DE- Logan Hall (Houston)
RD3-086: RB- Isaiah Spiller (Texas A&M)
RD3-095: TE- Jeremy Ruckert (Ohio State)

RD4-107: SS/FS- Nick Cross (Maryland)
RD4-108: CB/FS- Zyon McCollum (Sam Houston State)
RD4-126: RB- Pierre Strong, Jr (South Dakota State)

RD6-205: CB/KR- Marcus Jones (Houston). **Not sure he falls to 205, but his size may be a factor.**

RD7-245: RT/RG: Andrew Stueber (Michigan)

Based on another post where I mentioned the areas of need and the BPA….I think this MOCK would certainly address those team needs while drafting BPA’s.

Offense Receives: 7 Picks
OL- Johnson, Green, and Stueber
TE- Ruckert
RB- Spiller and Strong, Jr
WR- Pierce (Cooks is here and Pierce at SWR)

Defense Receives: 7 Picks
DL- T. Jones, Thomas, and Hall
DB- Hill, Cross, McCollum, and M. Jones (NCB)

Special Teams Receives: 1 Pick
KR- M. Jones

I decided to give the PFN Mock Simulator a go and came up with the following draft. I had and accepted 3 trade offers that made a lot of sense. The results are as follows:

TRADES
1. Chiefs Get:
RD1-003
Texans Get:
RD1-029 / RD1-030 / RD2-050 / 2023 RD2

Chiefs Draft: CB- Ahmad Gardner (Cincinnati)

2. Bengals Get:
RD1-013 / RD6-183
Texans Get:
RD1-031 / RD2-063 / RD3-095 / 2023 RD2

Bengals Draft: LT- Charles Cross (Mississippi State) / RB- Hassan Haskins (Michigan)

3. Raiders Get:
RD3-080 / RD6-207
Texans Get:
RD3-086 / RD4-126

Raiders Draft: WR- Jalen Tolbert (South Alabama) / QB- Aqeel Glass (Alabama A&M)

MOCK DRAFT
RD1-029: LG- Zion Johnson (Boston College)
RD1-030: CB/S- Daxton Hill (Michigan)
RD1-031: RG- Kenyon Green (Texas A&M)

RD2-050: WR- Alec Pierce (Cincinnati)
RD2-063: DE- Cameron Thomas (San Diego State)

RD3-068: DT/DE- Logan Hall (Houston)
RD3-086: RB- Isaiah Spiller (Texas A&M)
RD3-095: TE- Jeremy Ruckert (Ohio State)

RD4-107: SS/FS- Nick Cross (Maryland)
RD4-108: CB/FS- Zyon McCollum (Sam Houston State)
RD4-126: RB- Pierre Strong, Jr (South Dakota State)

RD6-205: CB/KR- Marcus Jones (Houston). **Not sure he falls to 205, but his size may be a factor.**

RD7-245: RT/RG: Andrew Stueber (Michigan)

Based on another post where I mentioned the areas of need and the BPA….I think this MOCK would certainly address those team needs while drafting BPA’s.

Offense Receives: 7 Picks
OL- Johnson, Green, and Stueber
TE- Ruckert
RB- Spiller and Strong, Jr
WR- Pierce (Cooks is here and Pierce at SWR)

Defense Receives: 7 Picks
DL- T. Jones, Thomas, and Hall
DB- Hill, Cross, McCollum, and M. Jones (NCB)

Special Teams Receives: 1 Pick
KR- M. Jones
I would not make any of those trades nor do I expect Caserio will.

I would not make any of those trades nor do I expect Caserio will.

I see Zion Johnson, Daxton Hill, and Kenyon Green as good as any 2 guys that could be drafted earlier. The Texans need road paving guards…..Johnson and Green are 2 of the best in the draft.

Giving Mills…Pierce and Ruckert wouldn’t be a bad move since both Cooks and Collins would be WR1 and WR2. Pierce could be an amazing WR3/SWR and Ruckert could be a great addition from any point on the field.

Spiller and Strong, Jr will definitely get a chance to compete for carries based on who the team currently has in the backfield.

Hill is top CB/S….his high ceiling and versatility should be a highly received by Lovie. Adding Travis Jones, Cameron Thomas, and Logan Hall should give Lovie all the potential pass rush he could desire. Add in Nick Cross, Zyon McCollum, and Marcus Jones to the defensive backfield and you now have 4 guys who possess elite speed to make throwing out there tough if there’s a rush and 4 DB’s that can get anywhere on the field in a hurry.

Also….they’d have 2 more 2023 RD2 picks to work with.

You really like this toy?

It does show you that there will be many talented guys available after pick 100.

4-107, 4-108 could really valuable in terms of players available and in use of trading up if need be.

The simulator’s help keep Mock’s a little more grounded b/c the app is picking as well. Makes you think and really opens your eyes to other prospects.

I'm thinking 8-9 rooks to come out of this one and that will be plenty.
Carstereo will see the value in this one too and I see some trading down and up.

The Mock you replied to actually had 14 picks…..not 17. 14 picks in the draft….by a single team….has happened before. Anyhow, I think the Texans are in a enviable position in the draft to enjoy some trade downs through RD4 while picking up an extra pick with each trade. 10-11 picks in this draft should be a great start for Phase I of this rebuild.

Just wanted to try another draft on PFN. It was interesting, but I missed out on a WR early. How this happened….I’m not sure, but I think I Meade up for it. Anyhow, got a couple of trades executed for fair returns.

The Saints offered their 16 and 19 picks for the Texans 3 (Neal)….I took it. Steelers wanted 13 (Pickett) and 207 from the Texans and returned picks 20 and 52. I took this offer as well.

MOCK

016: DT- Jordan Davis (Georgia)
019: LG- Zion Johnson (Boston College)
020: RG- Kenyon Green (Texas A&M)

037: RB- Breece Hall (Iowa State)
052: LB- Troy Anderson (Montana State)

068: DE- Logan Hall (Houston)
080: CB- Coby Bryant (Cincinnati)

107: SS- Bryan Cook (Cincinnati)
108: TE- Jelani Woods (Virginia)

183: WR- Danny Gray (SMU)

205: FS- Tycen Anderson (Toledo)
207: RT- Andrew Stueber (Michigan)

Just wanted to try another draft on PFN. It was interesting, but I missed out on a WR early. How this happened….I’m not sure, but I think I Meade up for it. Anyhow, got a couple of trades executed for fair returns.

The Saints offered their 16 and 19 picks for the Texans 3 (Neal)….I took it. Steelers wanted 13 (Pickett) and 207 from the Texans and returned picks 20 and 52. I took this offer as well.

MOCK

I have my eye on Hall - he is quietly flying under the radar.

He wont be draft weekend. He may end up going day 1 depending on how the run on edges go.
I would love to see him in a Texans uni and I imagine Lovie would too. I haven't seen any tape on him but he has great measurables, a good pro day and reads well on all profiles. Check this one out:-

MOCK

As I review this mock again….it might be my favorite.

RD1 gets 3 solid Day 1 trench answers in Davis for the DL and Johnson / Green as the much needed Guards that would help the new run game. If Pro Bowl LT Tunsil hits his Pro Bowl stride with Johnson next to him, Texans might be better off extending his contract and leaving him at LT. His cap hit shouldn’t be an issue at the beginning of the 2023 season. As for Davis, he’s an athletic monster in the middle and should help slam the door on opponents running game. His athletic abilities should allow good coaching to make him a better pass rusher and/or disrupter.

RD2 lands the best RB in the draft. The investment in Guards in RD1 wouldn’t be nearly as exciting if the Texans didn’t have Breece in the backfield. This guy gets the tough yards, is a nice cut and go back with vision, who can be a threat in the passing game as well. Anderson will be a big shot in the arm with the linebacking group. Sideline to sideline player who hits with authority.

More on this Mock later.

Back