Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

One O-man stands out.

Ibar_Harry

All Pro
Its interesting when Wells does well he comments that Wiegert lead the way. Looks like we could use a couple more Wiegerts on the Team. Simply an observation that he is the one lineman we can not afford to loose. I've said before and I will say it again, I think he is the O-line leader. We can play very well when we want to, but why we aren't consistantly good is beyond me. I wonder if the bye week will help us out in this area, although I think we probably will spend some time healing up. Its amazing what David might do if he had a lot of protection. He's doing quite well now, but could you imagine what he might do if he actually had 5 to 6 seconds to think about it.

it might hurt him if he had 5 or 6 seconds to think...best to just keep with 4 seconds tops...too much thinking can be a bad thing as a QB...best just to read and re-act

Ibar_Harry said:
could you imagine what he might do if he actually had 5 to 6 seconds to think about it.

You could say that about any QB in the league. If Bledsoe had 5 or 6 more seconds, he would be a pro-bowler right now. The standouts are the ones that make things happen when they don't have time to think.

Carr doesnt necessarily NEED more time.. but he needs more protection. He cant be worrying that if he takes 5 seconds instead of 4 he is going to get his clock cleaned.

also you notice that the teams playing us.. its not that their QBs all stand in the pocket for 30 seconds.. they only take about 4 seconds themselves.. but when a play goes wrong and no one gets open, they can afford to take a chance and wait for someone to. It would be nice if Carr had that luxury.

Most importantly isnt the pass protection though.. its the run blocking. Teams with dominant run blockers, usually have very good pass blockers too. One comes with the other. And we NEED run blocking very badly.

I'd settle for about 3.5-4 seconds of unpressured time in the pocket to go thru the reads and get rid of the ball ...without getting drilled or knocked down after the release.
Not sure what the league avg is for "Pocket Time" but i'd guess its closer to being Under 3 sec than above 4 sec. Although some QB's just seem to have forever and a day to go thru their reads and seldom get hit (Vikings and Colts come to mind) .

keyfro said:
it might hurt him if he had 5 or 6 seconds to think...best to just keep with 4 seconds tops...too much thinking can be a bad thing as a QB...best just to read and re-act

Thats the dumbest thing Ive ever heard. Yeah , y give him more time? Let him just hurry his throws and then get smashed to the turf!!! :woot

Back