Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

On to Buffalo

amazing80

Hall of Fame
Buffalo brings in @steelbtexan 's favorite QB in Josh Allen.

Seriously though, Buffalo boasts a top defense, particularly against the pass. Top 10 in sacks, ints, and forced fumbles. They are legit and with Fuller looking doubtful, we better have a solid plan B. OB said last week that the offense needs to change and get better. Today we saw more under center and bootlegs, I hope we continue that with our starters into the playoffs. That fits Watson so much better. The run game will be important for us, but don't be predictable! Stop forcing the run on 90% of the first downs. Mix it up.

If we can get pressure on Allen (hopefully Watt provides value since he is risking an injury) we have a good chance. Our team under OB (Watson included) has a terrible history in the playoffs. Not only do we lose, but we get humiliated. I like this matchup for us, but we must be disciplined and be creative on offense. They will be gunning for Watson.

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club
I love your optimism.

But running bootlegs & changing McCarron's launchpoint but not doing those things for Watson is the problem.

15 games this season would have been nice to see some of that with Watson would have been nice. But we didn't. Not until we get the athletic freak of nature Aj McCarron under Center do we decide to do any of that.

If we can get pressure on Allen (hopefully Watt provides value since he is risking an injury) we have a good chance.
If.... you're funny.

smh

funny

Speedy

Former Yeller Dweller
I was just thinking about the playoffs on the AFC side. Aside from Brady, all of the other QBs lack playoff experience. That alone will make it anyone's guess as to who wins each week.
Since 2003, only 4 QBs have represented the AFC in the Super Bowl. Though Brady is still in it, I'd say there's a very good chance that number moves to 5 this year.

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club
If BO'b & crew do a good job figuring out who Buffalo is, we should be alright. I give him a hard time, but I think he does a good job scouting our opponents & putting together a game plan.

Games like Baltimore & Denver not so much, but both teams were "transitioning" when we got to them.

So, we'll see

Speedy

Former Yeller Dweller
I am more worried about our offense scoring points then our defense stopping the Bills. The Bills have scored 30+ pts twice this season, both against Miami. Outside of that they normally score on average between 17 and 24 pts. We can do this if our "good" offense shows up.
Well, after watching what Drew Lock did to us, I'm not so sure, but otherwise I'm with you.

Bills against the pass have the 3rd best DVOA. They're 20th against the run. The Texans really are going to have to establish the run AND get production from it. Running and ending up with 2nd and 9 all game ain't going to get it done, or at least make things a lot more difficult.