Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

On AJ

Ibar_Harry said:
Looks like AJ and Carr are beginning to develop that bond that leads to the great combinations. . .
And just to think that some people at the beginning of the season thought that a David Carr to Bernard Berrian connection would of been better than David Carr to Andre Johnson connection...I am not going to name any names though ;)

Andre Johnson is DISGUSTING! This guy is ridiculously good. Watching him swat away small DBs with his long arms and big body was great to watch. And the Titans DBs aren't anything to laugh at either. He really reminds me of Terrel Owens. I think he will be better than TO, and he might be better than TO RIGHT NOW! This year is definitely a break out year for him.

Complement him with Gaff, Armstrong, and Bradford, our recieving core has got to be top 5 in the league. The only 4 that I can think of that would be better than ours is Steeler, Vickings, and maybe Rams and Colts. I personally think we're top 3.

First thing I thought of when I was reading that was "The Hulk"

don't make me angry... you wouldn't like me when I'm angry...

Gentle Dre -
6339.jpg

ANGRY DRE
hulk.jpg

Fiddy said:
And just to think that some people at the beginning of the season thought that a David Carr to Bernard Berrian connection would of been better than David Carr to Andre Johnson connection...I am not going to name any names though ;)
I'm certainly not going to disagree with you. AJ used the summer very effectively to reduce his short comings. His hands were suspect coming out of college, but I give credit where credit is due and he has really done a good job of alleviating that problem. But more importantly he has really garnered the respect of Carr and they are on the same page. I could care less who it is as long as Carr has some one like that to throw to. I would add, however, its not only AJ who has gained the eye of Carr, but its the other receivers as well. They are all steping up to the plate and Carr is delivering. As Houston fans it looks like we have a lot to look forward to and it looks like our young men have their wits about them. They all seem to be team oriented. That is a very big plus. AJ, no doubt, is the cream of the crop.

I was high on berrian in the off season too and thought he would be a perfect addition to our passing game.

Carr wanted him as well.. but I never said he would be a better connection than AJ either. The way I saw it.. a QB with two go to guys is gonna be a force :)

But we didnt get him.. maybe down the line we will get the chance to pick him up in FA.

Angry Dre hah!.. thats priceless.. we need to come up with a clever way to use that :)

signs that say "You wont like him when hes angry!"

maybe get one of those hulk shirts with the big muscles and get a custom #80 jersey that says "Angry Dre" on the back.

hah.. i love that.

Great Article!!

Me Three, I also thought Berrian would have made a great #2 or #3 receiver for this team, but never did I mention that he would replace AJ.

David Carr/Andre Johnson..........easily my favorite players in the NFL!! I mean, how couldn't they be. They have been since last year! I saw something in them that would bloom into something special....looks like it might be coming reality sooner than I expected.

Back