Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Old School TT Posters

My butt is getting sore sitting on this fence.

I see both sides on this issue. What the old TT board had was generally a select group who partied together on and offline, who used this as a medium to keep contact. It was so loosely controlled that it had really turned into a inuendo and smartarse place. If that is your thang, then you loved it. If not...you quit posting.

The old HT board was stiff compared to this, no messing around compared to the old TT board. TT is where you went to escape the bullying and BS of the main board, but if you were not in the 'group' and party to their total lack of staying on topic....well....you were not accepted. Same could be said of the old HT board too regarding acceptance. Both were AND are.....clicks. Just like high school.

Without any warning, a total change was bestowed upon both boards. Those at the big board (HT) are dealing with a new and completely different surrounding. Lots of new posters, don't even recognize the place. HERE, you brought what those whom were over here were avoiding and ripped the rug out from under them by taking their coveted home (old TT). A shock for all involved.

I do see that some of the new folks over here just don't understand the old philosophy. Instead of easing the old TT'ers into the new ways of the board, some are just hammering them. I won't name names, but to expect those here to instantly conform to the new changes without giving them some time to get the new feel of their new home is a bit unrealistic. Change happens to all of us everyday in every way, but in this little corner of the web...it needn't be so harsh. Eventually, all will be on the same page but until that is.....be considerate to your fellow posters. :) As said before, it was a very personal place for many, and the new board totally lacks that feel... give it time. Kevin did what he had to do, and no one should diss on him as he could have just closed shop and said to h*ll with all of it. He did what he thought was best, and a very creative solution at that. Vinny is doing his best to balance out the new digs.

Patience, my friends.....patience.

It was my experience on the main board ... that when I first posted ... there was always someone there to counter or even slap it back in your face ... it did'nt matter if you were right or wrong ... they thought they were right .

At the end of the day ... I was comfortable in what I was trying to say to counter back . I've learned to answer with ... In my opinion or in my point of view ... most posters will respect your opinion .

If you present your opinion as fact then your asking for it because to many of these guys and girls know their stuff .

Well said, Filo Girl, well said. :doot:

Off subject: I love your avatar. I have 3 myself - but only one black and tan.

112_1251.jpg

Well said, Filo Girl, well said. :doot:

Off subject: I love your avatar. I have 3 myself - but only one black and tan.

112_1251.jpg

They are adorable! My dogs Dammutt and Rebel are black/tan and Roscoe is a red mix. Will have to post pics, Rebel is just too cute not to share. :cool:

Hey there, a little late to the party, but I do have one suggestion.

One of the things that used to irritate (on both boards) was when multiple threads would be started for the same topic. (i.e. the innumerable "I Hate Carr" threads) That was definitely one of things that kept me posting mainly in the tailgating section.

Being a slow time of year, and with the new board, I haven't seen it much so far, and it's nice. I know that no one wants this board to be over moderated, but I have to say that if the moderators can keep this sort of thing to a minimum, it might keep this place from spiraling out of control.

Just my :twocents:

Hey Katie, could you stir my chili I think I forgot about it again:gun: !!! It should be just about right for the next contest :cool:

Back