Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

**Official Wild Card Round Playoff Game-Day Thread** Colts at Texans, Saturday Jan 5, 2019!!

ATXtexanfan

Hall of Fame
patrick
✔
@PatDStat
The healthy scratch of Aaron Colvin is still mind numbing. #Texans

7:28 PM - Jan 5, 2019

Deshaun Watson: "My future is bright. I'm not going to lose any confidence in what I can do. ... There's a lot of guys who get paid more than me who are not in the playoffs." #Texans

7:32 PM - Jan 5, 2019
Lol this is funny,
He wasn't quite trash...but he clearly wasn't at his best...no disputing that at all...& of course you would, most of you guys think good offense is just a matter of calling the right play.
No, good coaching makes all the plays right. Execution makes the play right. Have you seen our WR screen vs other teams WR screens. Same concept, yet coaching and execution leads to a different result. Coaching and execution difference between mahommes and Watson. See bama and everyone else. Coaching and execution

powda

The bridge between stupid and useless is short.
Better OL and CB isn’t going to make up for piss poor situational awareness and lack of in game adjustments by a halfwit head coach.
Yes and a mild no. If his stupid run calls result in an extra yard or we have an unrattled qb I think a quality ol can help.

Doesn't mean I dont agree he's a halfwit.

powda

I believe in conflict resolution. I think its therapeutic for all parties and may in fact result in a bond.

I know a guy - he happens to be a poster here named "big lou" and he owns lou's tavern. He has a basement where you guys can hash this out.

Just one thing. There are some rules. The first rule is...
Jeez I read this and realize I'm all in on the offseason. Sucks.

ATXtexanfan

Hall of Fame
Watson's been sacked 60 plus times this year. No run game. Bad game management. Poor route designs downfield. I'm not telling you he's better then luck - but we can win with him.

Luck's had some bad ol's in the past and looked like or worse then watson.
You talking about AFC championship with a defensive coach and terrible gm.

Dude is hitting his twilight with a coach and gm. And call space lol

powda

You talking about AFC championship with a defensive coach and terrible gm.

Dude is hitting his twilight with a coach and gm. And call space lol
I dont care about an AFC championship

Fix the ol. Watson, the wrs, the run game, the defense, the stupid play calling will all look better.

Mr teX

Hall of Fame
Lol this is funny,

No, good coaching makes all the plays right. Execution makes the play right. Have you seen our WR screen vs other teams WR screens. Same concept, yet coaching and execution leads to a different result. Coaching and execution difference between mahommes and Watson. See bama and everyone else. Coaching and execution

Execution is & will always be the difference on gamedays...period. & while coaching has something to do with that, its mostly on the players. Those 1st 2 drives by the Colts are the epitome of that. Twice the defense had the opportunity to get off the field on 3rd and long & **** the bed with an offsides by JJ & then giving up that long pass play to TY who was bracketed by the defense. Clearly Crennel had them in position to stop both plays. That's all you can ask for as a player.

You can say the same thing about the offense the majority of the time as well.

Deep shot to Nuk who was 1 on 1...all you can ask for as a player.... - underthrown
Deep shot to Smith... - dropped, underthrown by DW4
short crosser to Nuk in the end zone - inaccurate pass by DW4.pretty much wide open gap
pass to wide open Griffin - overthrown by DW4

DW4 missed 4 relatively wide open passes...2 of which we know would've probably been TDs...

spek

Hopeless Wanderer
I no longer live in Houston so I don't get to see all the games but I can't remember a time this season that Watson has actually killed a play or changed it at the line of scrimmage. I could be wrong but this just strikes me as odd. I'm watching the Cowboys game right now and Dak has been kills and changes plays depending on what he sees.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
@steelbtexan has been an absolute pariah here for years and I've always agreed with him. Its comical watching the masses close in on him - especially after a win. He doesn't tow the company line. He doesn't say what people want to hear. This team has made a lot of bad decisions. You want proof of that? How many superbowl wins do we have? Phucking nada. Having a product on the field is not success. Playoff wins and winning seasons mean little. There is only one absolute, perfect, timeless goal that matters.

Lombardi.

We deserve it and until the Texans hold it, we are doing something wrong.
Amen

ATXtexanfan

Hall of Fame
I dont care about an AFC championship

Fix the ol. Watson, the wrs, the run game, the defense, the stupid play calling will all look better.
Point was luck over coming everything around him to make an AFC championship. Things are fixing around him bro

powda

Point was luck over coming everything around him to make an AFC championship. Things are fixing around him bro
Your initial post was a bit hard to interpret. I'm not coming after you just,

I'm not settling for an 11-5 season. I root for a sb win. Not 11-5.

ATXtexanfan

Hall of Fame
Execution is & will always be the difference on gamedays...period. & while coaching has something to do with that, its mostly on the players. Those 1st 2 drives by the Colts are the epitome of that. Twice the defense had the opportunity to get off the field on 3rd and long & **** the bed with an offsides by JJ & then giving up that long pass play to TY who was bracketed by the defense. Clearly Crennel had them in position to stop both plays. That's all you can ask for as a player.

You can say the same thing about the offense the majority of the time as well.

Deep shot to Nuk who was 1 on 1...all you can ask for as a player.... - underthrown
Deep shot to Smith... - dropped, underthrown by DW4
short crosser to Nuk in the end zone - inaccurate pass by DW4.pretty much wide open gap
pass to wide open Griffin - overthrown by DW4

DW4 missed 4 relatively wide open passes...2 of which we know would've probably been TDs...
See what your saying but alot of execution IN MY MIND runs downhill from coach. After the pick we had, a penalty lol. At some point the coach has to fix that. Push ups, running to the fence or something.

Mr teX

Hall of Fame
See what your saying but alot of execution IN MY MIND runs downhill from coach. After the pick we had, a penalty lol. At some point the coach has to fix that. Push ups, running to the fence or something.

Lol, bro that's high school stuff man. Can't treat pros like that, you'd lose the lockerroom quick.

ATXtexanfan

Hall of Fame
Your initial post was a bit hard to interpret. I'm not coming after you just,

I'm not settling for an 11-5 season. I root for a sb win. Not 11-5.
Yeah, totally agree. However looks like Texas found their QB same time the prodigal son has found a coach and GM. Watson and Luck might lean manning and Brady due to one organization being better than the other. Hope I'm wrong but Colts have catapulted up the power rankings. I thought Luck was done before this year and Watson was best qb in division. I've been corrected....

When texans can beat colts 2 of 3 we are worthy

ATXtexanfan

Hall of Fame
Lol, bro that's high school stuff man. Can't treat pros like that, you'd lose the lockerroom quick.
True but he says the same thing after every loss and yet we see the same mistakes every game. Maybe OB needs to hit the fence and do some push ups lol

powda

Yeah, totally agree. However looks like Texas found their QB same time the prodigal son has found a coach and GM. Watson and Luck might lean manning and Brady due to one organization being better than the other. Hope I'm wrong but Colts have catapulted up the power rankings. I thought Luck was done before this year and Watson was best qb in division. I've been corrected....

We didn't hit luck and we couldn't cover ty. Until we do, they carry the torch.

Brisco_County

Apples and roadmaps

Luck is the better QB right now, but Watson has the potential to be as good or better. The disparity won't be like Manning/Schaub. Thankfully. It may end up being the best QB rivalry in the league. Russel Wilson and Mahomes don't have challengers matching their abilities. The closest I can think of right now is Brees/Newton.

powda

Luck is the better QB right now, but Watson has the potential to be as good or better. The disparity won't be like Manning/Schaub. Thankfully. It may end up being the best QB rivalry in the league. Russel Wilson and Mahomes don't have challengers matching their abilities. The closest I can think of right now is Brees/Newton.
If Watson doesn't get a legit ol soon we'll stymie his career.

ATXtexanfan

Hall of Fame
Man wanna say brees newton no contest but you might be right. I cant think of a better rivalry in division. No wonder parody rules

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
Quoted for truth.

Norg

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
It will be within the 50-80 temperature range. No rain. But, there's no chance the roof will be open.

I don't know what this is. But with a name like that, it can't be good.

Also the NFL app with Verizon, right?

u think if the roof was open we win ..???

powda

Well it was said they are on the same page. And with the limited resources he was able to add some draft picks and FA that contributed right away. So I believe he will do just fine.
We'll see. Dude what's with the race thing earlier? That was out of line.

BOBdaFRAUD

Waterboy
BOB lost the locker room and the city. Management can't be that stupid to keep him.

He should be fired tommorow. That game was a disgrace.

BOBdaFRAUD

Waterboy
OMG you guys lost your minds........... After this game, I would not trust him coaching another game for this team.

Open your eyes! were not starting 0-3 next season we might just start 0-6........... then you gonna fire him?

Anyways we texans fan have been placed on a blender with no hope insight.

powda

OMG you guys lost your minds........... After this game, I would not trust him coaching another game for this team.

Open your eyes! were not starting 0-3 next season we might just start 0-6........... then you gonna fire him?

They will not fire him this offseason. Sorry dude - lose all hope then. 11-5. We're stuck.

Brisco_County

Apples and roadmaps

It's not a matter of what we want or support. The reality is his job's secure and his players will remain loyal. Like Cak mentioned, he's in year 1 of a four year contract with a lot of guaranteed money. He's going nowhere.

Thorsson

Waterboy
I just watched the game again. The Texans lost, not because of O'Brien, but because the Colts are a better team, and Andrew Luck is a better QB than Watson. Simple as that. Sometimes the truth hurts.

Chris

Waterboy
I just watched the game again. The Texans lost, not because of O'Brien, but because the Colts are a better team, and Andrew Luck is a better QB than Watson. Simple as that. Sometimes the truth hurts.
and the Texans beat themselves pure and simple