Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Official TexansTalk NFL 2010 Mock Draft

Just quietly its a crime that Spiller is still on the board. I am so tempted to just snatch him up for the Falcons as BPA and terrify oppositions with the Turner/Spiller combo.

That would be an awsome combo but I think the Falcon fans want Weatherspoon pretty badly.

With the 19th pick of the 2010 NFL draft, the Atlanta Falcons select, from the University of Texas... SERGIO KINDLE.

sergio_kindle.jpg

The Falcons here get a player who has the ability to rush the passer. Whether it be from standing up as an OLB in the 4-3, or with his hand on the ground as a DE, Kindle will get to the QB.

Picked as someone who contributes from day one situationally and has the potential to be the long term solution at OLB or the eventual replacement for John Abraham.

Prospects also close to getting the green light were Kyle Wilson, Brandon Graham and CJ Spiller.

Spiller is too much of a luxury pick, Graham doesn't have the ceiling or versatility of Kindle, and I think they wouldn't want to spend all that money on Robinson and then spend a 1st rounder on a CB.

That would be an awsome combo but I think the Falcon fans want Weatherspoon pretty badly.

They do want Weatherspoon and he will be a good solid OLB, but Kindle is a much bigger threat off the edge either from LB or DE.

Game changers win championships and I think Kindle can be that.

Spiller is extreeeeeeemely hard to pass up on this one imo. Some good talent all the way around at 20 here.

Let me begin by stating something most around here already know. I'm not a fan of choosing RB's in the 1st round unless they're "can't miss" type Rb's.

Our secondary has been inconsistent, at best, for the past few years. Now that D-Rob's gone it leaves the Texans little choice but to make CB a priority in the first couple of rounds unless they pull one out of their arse within the next month.

All that said.....let the barrage of HOU-TEX beatings begin

With the 20th pick of the 2010 NFL Draft the Houston Texans select:

Kyle Wilson CB, Boise State

%231+Kyle+Wilson+-+Cornerback_4.JPG

Let me begin by stating something most around here already know. I'm not a fan of choosing RB's in the 1st round unless they're "can't miss" type Rb's.

Our secondary has been inconsistent, at best, for the past few years. Now that D-Rob's gone it leaves the Texans little choice but to make CB a priority in the first couple of rounds unless they pull one out of their arse within the next month.

That pick stinks LOL

Good pick

You can never go wrong taking the BPA and at an area of need.

:clap:

Personally I am glad you passed on Spiller. I could have lived with Matthews but I think filling the CB void is a huge concern. I think the draft fell pretty crappy for the Texans seeing how Upati, Thomas, Williams and Pouncey are all gone. Almost begging you to take the CB in round 1.

Worst. Pick. Ever.

Seriously though, I think this is probably the safest need pick you could have made.

Now do I think you win championships with safe picks... maybe not.

I still would have gone Spiller here, Mays intrigues me too.

I think that pick has logic to it . I think you can get a good RB in the 2nd but the CBs drop off pretty quick . Oh ... and ... Booo Boooo .

21) Cincinnati Bengals - JB - On the clock 3/17/2010 3:24:09 PM:

22) New England Patriots - TexansSeminole

23) Green Bay Packers - The Pencil Neck

24) Philadelphia Eagles - Shaft75

Personally I am glad you passed on Spiller. I could have lived with Matthews but I think filling the CB void is a huge concern. I think the draft fell pretty crappy for the Texans seeing how Upati, Thomas, Williams and Pouncey are all gone. Almost begging you to take the CB in round 1.

The strange thing about football is that the only one of those guys I would look at as the Texans is Thomas.

Each to their own I guess.

Actually if that Williams is the DT not the OT I would look at him too.

I know, right? Geez, especially for someone who doesn't dig on RB's in the 1st. My big nasties went off the board and was left with the top 2 RB's, LOL, that's rough.

Worst. Pick. Ever.

Seriously though, I think this is probably the safest need pick you could have made.

Now do I think you win championships with safe picks... maybe not.

I still would have gone Spiller here, Mays intrigues me too.

Believe it or not, Mays was still on my short list. *ahem* Devin McCourty was too. :hides:

I think that pick has logic to it . I think you can get a good RB in the 2nd but the CBs drop off pretty quick . Oh ... and ... Booo Boooo .

That's my plan...........in theory. Knowing the way this mock has gone so far, it wouldn't surprise me to see a dozen RB's taken before then.

I think JB just got off line and I have to be at work at 4:30 so, I PMd my top players to Texan4Ever. Hopefully he will be online to make my selection for me.

The Bengals select Taylor Mays -USC

taylor-mays.jpg

Mays is the highest rated player available at a position of need and Marvin loves USC players.

With the 22nd overall pick the New England Patriots select....

Brandon Graham, OLB from Michigan

541780998-western-michigan-quarterback-tim-hiller-3-pressured-michigan-defensive-end.jpg

The Patriots aren't known for taking 3-4 OLBs in the first round but Graham changes that. He has the quickness and speeding rushing ability not seen since Dwight Freeney was drafted back in 2002. The Steelers took LaMarr Woodley from Michigan and were able to successfully convert him into a 3-4 OLB, so Graham should be able to do the same as he is MORE talented then Woodley (no disrespect to him either).

I think Mays is about right in where he was taken, huge talent, questionable production.... although I blame the lack of talent around him for the down year.

I'd love to hear what Cushing thinks of him as a prospect.

Graham is great value for the Patriots here.

I think Mays is about right in where he was taken, huge talent, questionable production.... although I blame the lack of talent around him for the down year.

I'd love to hear what Cushing thinks of him as a prospect.

Graham is great value for the Patriots here.

Here's a tidbit from Cush's blog.

My former SC teammate Taylor Mays has been under the microscope lately since the Combine. All I can tell you is he’s a hard worker, a solid kid who wants to play football. Whatever his time was in the 40, he’s a guy who could catch anyone on the football field. I saw him plenty of times, if anyone on the other team got loose, he was the last line of defense and always made the tackle. There’s absolutely no question that I would be thrilled to have him on our team.

http://affiliate.kickapps.com/_My-MMA-Workouts/BLOG/2158764/113583.html?widgetId=314126

This was really tough on me.

One of the Packer's needs is a change-up type of back to go with Grant. But, according to Packer fans, this is a fairly low priority to them.

Their offensive line was CRAP last year. They need a left tackle.

So.

With the 23rd pick, the Green Bay Packers select:

BCampbell.jpg

Bruce Campbell, LT, Maryland Terrapins.

this was really tough on me.

One of the packer's needs is a change-up type of back to go with grant. But, according to packer fans, this is a fairly low priority to them.

Their offensive line was crap last year. They need a left tackle.

So.

With the 23rd pick, the green bay packers select:

bcampbell.jpg

bruce campbell, lt, maryland terrapins.

bust.

No RBs taken in the first 22 picks? That won't happen in real life. There'll be an RB or two taken before us at 20. Not that I care, because I want another defensive player in the 1st round anyway.

I can understand an upside pick but I don't like prospects which explode into the national spotlight in shorts.

He's raw but he's an athletic freak.

He's had a history of injury and he could well be a bust.

The Packers run a zone blocking scheme and need athletic linemen. And this guy is that.

But the odds are, he's gone in the top 15 picks. So this is a value pick.

No RBs taken in the first 22 picks? That won't happen in real life. There'll be an RB or two taken before us at 20. Not that I care, because I want another defensive player in the 1st round anyway.

Last happened in 2004, Stephen Jackson 24th

Sometimes a need at one position can be overlooked in favor of tremendous talent at another position. Our gaping hole at CB can't be overlooked in favor of tremendous talent elsewhere. We have no #1CB or anyone that's even close. This pick fills our biggest need and was an outstanding choice. A good RB (Ben Tate) can easily be had in the 2nd or 3rd round.

Back