Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Official switch to the 3-4 thread

If the Texans plan on going for Blackmon or Jones (assume Green's off the board), then I don't think they can risk trading back at all in the first. Look at the teams behind them that need a WR. The Rams for sure, Jags, Patriots, Chargers and Bucs could all use some WR help. Even the Redskins at 10 may go with Jones or Blackmon, as they seem to have no help for Santana Moss.

I dunno about this WR in the 1st idea, our offense seemed to do well enough this year that I think we can wait till the 3rd-5th round to pick up one or two. I think with our new defense, we would be better off using the 1st round pick to add to the front 7 and/or trade back to get more picks to fill holes. 11th is a very good spot to use for trading back and we may be able to sell one of those WRs or QBs for a late first, second and fourth pick instead.

I like this

You can pick a S like Moore late in the 1st. Then in the 2nd draft a NT like Ellis or Fua. With the 2nd 2nd rd pick you could draft a LB like Moch or Herzlich. This represents taking the BPA and you're able to fill holes in the defense with quality players. This leaves the rest of the draft for BPA. It's a great idea. The Tough part is finding a trading partner.

K.C., Chi,N.E might make good trading partners.

Jones is just another, more expensive Jacoby.

That sounds about right. Julio drops some catchable balls and multiple sources say he is slow off the ball. That sounds like a Dwayne Jarrett to me. I am sticking with middle round 1 projection. 15-20. With a mediocre combine, 20-30.

AJ Green top 5
Justin Blackmon top 15
Julio Jones top 20

Back to defense. Top 10 probable players should be:

1 A QB.
2 AJ Green
3 Patrick Peterson
4 Nick Fairley
5 Marcell Dareus
6 Da'Quan Bowers
7 Robert Quinn
8 Prince Amukamara
9 A QB
10 Adrian Clayborn or a QB

On the defensive side of the ball that gives us a good shot at:

Von Miller
J.J. Watt
Akeem Ayers
Stephen Paea
Brandon Harris

We will be getting a very good player @ 11. If we do in fact go defense I think it should be a NT or OLB pass rusher. Ayers, Miller and Paea should do just fine.

Back