Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

*Official Game-Day Thread** Texans at Titans Game 2, Sunday Sept 16, 2018!!

TejasTom

All Pro
Match Up:

Venue:
Sunday, Sept 16, 2018 • 12:00 PM CT • Nissan Stadium • Nashville, TN

Radio:
SportsRadio610 (610 AM, 100.3 FM)
Marc Vandermeer Play-By-Play, Andre Ware Color Analyst, John Harris Sideline

TV:

Kansas City @ Pittsburgh Ian Eagle, Dan Fouts (Red)
Miami @ NY Jets Kevin Harlan, Rich Gannon (Blue)
Houston @ Tennessee Andrew Catalon, James Lofton (Green)
Indianapolis @ Washington Spero Dedes, Adam Archuleta (Yellow)
LA Chargers @ Buffalo Tom McCarthy, Steve Beuerlein (Orange)
NO GAME due to local home game on FOX (Grey)

Preview:

Flip Card: PDF

Officiating Crew: Pete Morelli

Uniform Combination: Liberty White Jerseys/Deep Steel Blue Pants

Weather: 82° F Full Weather: Link

Go Texans!

Thorn

Dirty Old Man
I wonder why there is that little splotch of green in Oregon?

Oh yeah, and go Texans! Texans should win by at least 14 or something is wrong.

Lucky

Ride, Captain, Ride!
Staff member
So the Titans 1st 3 OTs are out (Lewin, Conklin, Kelly). Pamphile is at one OT spot. Who is playing the other Tackle? Stinnie? I'm guessing that the Titans will be in 2 TE sets all day.

Scooter

Funky
Empty backfield on no more than 10% of our pass plays. Motion on at least 15%. Play-action at least 15%. No huddle to sustain rhythm, not create it.
Gameplan around our HB's - run the ball, pass pro in designed ways - either to open escape lanes or designed 'hot' checks
O'Brien's routes are too deep, mix in split-back sets from shotgun that can give max protect options that worked last year
If Vrabel's defense looks anything like ours did last year, there's congestion and overlap among db's (especially safeties) ... this is where the home run ball comes in, but don't get greedy - balanced football.

Let Mercilus play outside rush linebacker.

Pray that O'Brien doesn't screw it up.

AcresHomesTexan

No Longer Arlington: Escaped From Jerry's World
Staff member
Mariota.

I wonder why DFW is green? They hate the Texans.
Often earlier the season we will get Texans unless (well until) the Texans prove to suck and/or the DFW fan base complains and we go to the best "national" game which is normally whoever is playing from NFC EAST.

Lucky

Ride, Captain, Ride!
Staff member
Often earlier the season we will get Texans unless (well until) the Texans prove to suck and/or the DFW fan base complains and we go to the best "national" game which is normally whoever is playing from NFC EAST.
While Houston gets the Boys, no matter the level of suckitude. At least it lets you get out of the house every once in awhile, right?

AcresHomesTexan

No Longer Arlington: Escaped From Jerry's World
Staff member
While Houston gets the Boys, no matter the level of suckitude. At least it lets you get out of the house every once in awhile, right?
Yes, but not as often, my techie brother-in-law, gave me a fire stick a couple of years back...

JamTex

Hall Of Fame Texans Fan!
In light of the Tacks offensive line woes, both starting tackles out, a back up tackle slated to play sent to the hospital on Friday with a viral infection, having to play a back up gaurd or tight end as a tackle, the Tacks are going to get overwhelmed by Watt, Clowney, Mercilus, McKinney, Cunningham, Covington and Reader. This is going to go badly for the Titans quarterbacks. Gabbert and Mariota don't have a chance. No offensive line basically, no Walker, no running game. The Tacks will be held to under 150 yards of total offense and 5, yes I said 5 turnovers. 3 of which will be for 6.
I'm revising my prediction yet again.
Texans 57
Tacks 0

Lucky

Ride, Captain, Ride!
Staff member
I would slow the roll on a Texans blowout. The WR corps is hurting and the Titans strength is their secondary. I also don't think O'Brien wants to give Vrabel a bunch of shots at Watson. I see a low scoring game where both teams try to establish the run. Watson makes a couple of plays to seal the win. Texans 20-13.

CloakNNNdagger

Hall of Fame
Hopkins needs one reception to extend his streak to 81 consecutive games with a reception to start his career, which is the longest streak in franchise history to start a career.

CloakNNNdagger

Hall of Fame
JJo needs one total tackle to pass Cortland Finnegan (648) for 14th-most career total tackles by a cornerback in NFL history.

jshabang

Quality Backup!
More then anything else I’m major concerned that our ENTIRE WIDE RECEIVER ROTATION IS HURT OR OUT 2 weeks in a row....... it won’t matter how good Deshaun does or doesn’t do if we don’t have a receiver that can get open consistently........ so we can’t blame him when he hasn’t had his weapons two weeks now........ and how is Clowney already hurt when we put him in bubble wrap all preaseason and training camp!!????? COME ON MAN....... it’s gwtting old....... I fear we may never see our team at full strength on both sides of the ball to even make an assessment of how good we are or are not for weeks

CloakNNNdagger

Hall of Fame
Titans inactives:
OT Taylor Lewan
OT Jack Conklin
OT Dennis Kelly
LB Aaron Wallace
S Kendrick Lewis
DL Matt Dickerson
WR Cameron Batson.

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club
Just checking in before the game, so it can not be said that I'm only here to revel in defeat (looking at you Obsiwan) in the event the Texans are defeated, which is farthest from my hopes.

TheKDog

Hall of Fame
Contributor's Club
Tweet from @AaronWilson_NFL: Texans' first-team defensive line in warmups: J.J. Watt and D.J. Reader at end, Angelo Blackson at nose tackle, Brennan Scarlett at outside linebacker with Jadeveon Clowney out

IDEXAN

Hall of Fame
Contributor's Club
How come complaining about getting stuck with the Cowboys every week for the NFC game never gets us somebody else to watch here in Houston ?
I don't mind watching them once or twice a month but not every Sunday. After all they are just an ordinary team anymore.
I'd like to see the Rams, the Packers, etc. now and then from the NFC.

paycheck71

Hall of Fame
How come complaining about getting stuck with the Cowboys every week for the NFC game never gets us somebody else to watch here in Houston ?
I don't mind watching them once or twice a month but not every Sunday. After all they are just an ordinary team anymore.
I'd like to see the Rams, the Packers, etc. now and then from the NFC.
Ratings. That's all. Cowboys will generate ratings in Houston. By comparison the Texans won't generate the same ratings in DFW, unless they're good.

And I lived in the DFW area for 12 years. Nobody hates the Texans there, they just don't care. Same level as Jacksonville.

amazing80

Hall of Fame
I really hope Watson settles down this week and finds a groove.

Disappointed in Clowney. Might want to trade him once he gets healthy. He is really unreliable.