Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

**Official Game-Day Thread** Texans at Panthers, Wednesday August 9, 2017!!

Do we try and save face by letting Savage play? I don’t know that I care. This kid needs first team reps. Wow.

Dear tom,

Dont get hurt because you may not see the field again.

How else would you do that if he doesn't start?
Next preseason game the ones usually go the whole first qtr. Let Savage start and let Watson have the 2nd or 3rd series while the ones are still in the game.

Wouldn't hurt to let Savage know Watson is breathing down his neck.
Either Savage responds to the competition or he doesn't.

I'd like to see Watson win the game with the scrubs. That should win over the sketchy fans and the locker room. He makes that guy who's unsure of himself play better and believe. The "IT" factor.

Next preseason game the ones usually go the whole first qtr. Let Savage start and let Watson have the 2nd or 3rd series while the ones are still in the game.

I'm not sure Savage could have watched that from the sidelines without knowing that Watson is breathing down his neck.

It's safe to say that even BOB is surprised by Watson's performance.

I'm impressed with Watson. Most rook QBs playing their first game are lost. Watson has total command out there and his athletiism is a sight to behold. He still needs some work but Holy crap did they finally find their QB?

There is no doubt in my mind he is the future but I still start Savage week 1. I want Watson to sit and learn a few weeks but unless Savage is lighting it up, I would start Watson as soon as week 3-4.

I definitely want to see watson with some first team reps just to see what happens but...

I dont want him getting carr'ed with a craptastic offensive line either.

Does Tom Savage have any preseason TDs?

Savage is more of the same, at least it feels that way.

A game manager, will try to dink and dunk his way down the field.

That will be good enough to get into the playoffs, sure, but it's never good enough to beat elite teams.

C'mon baby you gotta get down and dig that out he put it in a perfect spot

I like how he doesn't run too much. Limits the hits and makes when he does run, that much more damaging to opposing defenses.

No doubt, but on 3rd and 4 with enough room to run you need him to pick that up instead of squeezing in a sideline pass. It's all situational awareness thing and that comes with time

Texans getting caned by penalties.
Get that pessimistic bullsh!t outta here. :) We have a real QB.
I agree.
He shows good vision, makes quick decisions, makes good moves in the pocket, isn't afraid to throw deep and throws well on the run.
I think we have the real deal and he can only get better.

I definitely want to see watson with some first team reps just to see what happens but...

I dont want him getting carr'ed with a craptastic offensive line either.
"Do you people ever watch the show?" (GalaxyQuest) He is using his mobility to avoid taking hits (of course he gets sacked twice as I type this). He is using his mobility like Russell Wilson to avoid hits instead of running into hits (RG3).

That doesn't make a lot of sense. If Savage is to remain starter then you want him to have more than a couple series in live game action.

If you're going to dabble with deshaun as starter then the same goes for him.

By time the third pre season game comes around you definitely want to know who should start.

If after this game the coaches want to give him a legit shot to do so he should start next game and get all the first team reps.

Back