Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

**Official Game-Day Thread** Texans at Packers, Sunday Dec 4, 2016!!

One of those 4 yard losses was an audible. Brock saw something he didn't like. checked into a run, then quickly snapped the ball. Dude came unblocked & made a play.

I just watched the game a second time & I'm even more sure we're still installing our offense & I don't think Brock is the reason it's taking so long to get the offense going.

For all I know, O'b may be taking extra time with the basics because we built such a big lead in the first half of the season. looks like he's still installing things, still tutoring Godsey, still... preparing for the playoffs. I'm sure he wanted win this one, it just didn't work out.

It's just unbelievable how apologetic you are for this guy. You really believe that 13 weeks into this now they're still installing the offense? It's December!!! You think they might have it all ready to go before Christmas?? Man. I don't know what to tell you.

I've seen new regimes come in with new schemes and new players and have a ton of success all the time. The Texans are 13 weeks in. It would be one thing if they were showing improvement but they're not. And don't give me some individual play where Osweiler looked off a safety and made a great throw. Blaine Gabbert has had moments like that. Stop with the they're still learning BS.

At this point all I can do is laugh at the same company man comments from the exact same bloggers. Sounding just like McNair, O'Brien and Brock.

Oh there is hope.

We are turning the corner.

We did some nice things out there today.

What a great practice we had this week.

Our players are playing hard.

Yatta yatta yatta.

Bwhahaha

It's just unbelievable how apologetic you are for this guy. You really believe that 13 weeks into this now they're still installing the offense? It's December!!! You think they might have it all ready to go before Christmas?? Man. I don't know what to tell you.

I've seen new regimes come in with new schemes and new players and have a ton of success all the time. The Texans are 13 weeks in. It would be one thing if they were showing improvement but they're not. And don't give me some individual play where Osweiler looked off a safety and made a great throw. Blaine Gabbert has had moments like that. Stop with the they're still learning BS.

Rumor is Bill called Brady and asked him what they were doing wrong because this offense worked so well with Brady .

Reactions: ROO

I'm not being apologetic. I already said I don't think Osweiler looked bad. no reason to apologize. he doesn't look rushed or hurried anymore. I think he's making better decisions. I think he played well enough to win, not well enough to carry the team, but we'll enough to win.

The offense doesn't look like a "game plan offense" not yet. I'm still seeing route combos that don't make sense. receivers ending up in the same spot, or that draws a bunch of defenders to the same spot. The play calling is still predictable, run on 2nd down... but I will say I was impressed that we actually ran the ball on 3rd&4 or 3rd&3 & converted. I think things like that show improvement I our offense since we had been approaching those situations with empty back fields & out of the shotgun. I think we even picked up a 3rd & 13 or something like that with a draw play.

I can't remember another game Brock played so much from under center. the 2 minute offense looked better than it did in September. XSF is looking a lot better as a pulling guard.

Just looks like we're still adding or experimenting with different/new concepts. but it looks like a bunch of stuff more than a fluid game plan. yes, I expected to see more cohesive offense by now. it's possible that they just don't know what they're doing or that they're just not good.

It's also just as likely that they'll put it all together & shock the crap out of us.

I can't remember another game Brock played so much from under center. the 2 minute offense looked better than it did in September. XSF is looking a lot better as a pulling guard.

Just looks like we're still adding or experimenting with different/new concepts. but it looks like a bunch of stuff more than a fluid game plan. yes, I expected to see more cohesive offense by now. it's possible that they just don't know what they're doing or that they're just not good.

It's also just as likely that they'll put it all together & shock the crap out of us.

Its called grasping for straws. The season is almost over.

0 chance OB still wants his entire offense to still be in training wheels mode. That doesn't help anyone. If OB is still doing big installs and experimenting then it's because he's just throwing isht at the wall.

Its called grasping for straws. The season is almost over.

0 chance OB still wants his entire offense to still be in training wheels mode. That doesn't help anyone. If OB is still doing big installs and experimenting then it's because he's just throwing isht at the wall.

Season is almost over, but the future isn't. Seems like OB is coaching for next year. He's knows he's stuck with Oz for two years and can maybe salvage next year by teaching this year

Season is almost over, but the future isn't. Seems like OB is coaching for next year. He's knows he's stuck with Oz for two years and can maybe salvage next year by teaching this year

Or he's coaching for the playoffs. he doesn't want to go one & done any more than we do.

I don't think he wants to be in training wheel mode. but with a two game lead & an eye on the big picture it's possible he's looking at the regular season as a way to prepare his team for the post season.

& absolutely I'm grasping at straws. I don't have any inside access, just trying to understand instead of cursing everything they do.

Now that the "race" has gotten a little bit tighter, or just because it's @Indy he'll probably pull out an extra stop.

Bwhahaha coaching for the playoffs really. We're on a 3 game skid, sinking faster than the Titanic and you think he's coaching for the playoffs. We're making more mistakes each week and you honestly think that's preparation for the playoffs. Unfreakingbelievable.

Are we not factoring in the confidence destroyer. Losing in the fashion thst we are losing at is a clear indication that our teams moxie is very low. We've been done this path before with the Kubiak regime. The only difference is we're not going 2-14 and we still have a punchers chance to win the division and make the playoffs. BUT at this rate I'm not confident that we will do either one of them.

Bwhahaha coaching for the playoffs really. We're on a 3 game skid, sinking faster than the Titanic and you think he's coaching for the playoffs. We're making more mistakes each week and you honestly think that's preparation for the playoffs. Unfreakingbelievable.

Are we not factoring in the confidence destroyer. Losing in the fashion that we are losing at is a clear indication that our teams moxie is very low. We've been down this path before with the Kubiak regime. The only difference is we're not going 2-14 and we still have a punchers chance to win the division and make the playoffs. BUT at this rate I'm not confident that we will do either one of them.

Last edited:
I'd probably buy them for $2,000 if we win the AFC South and host another wild-card game.

Keep me in mind IF this happens. You can have mine for half that price.

I'm off from work on Sunday and Monday so I don't get to the board here til I get back Tuesday morning. It's funny reading through the entire thread, I knew exactly what part of the game y'all were posting about. Sad....

This offense is like watching paint dry. 8 or 9 guys on the LOS damn near every play and not a WR one is able to beat a CB one on one on a quick slant? Of course they never called that play because the Miller runs up the middle were just killing the Pack D! ~~

And the Texans pass rush? Ya, crap. Rodgers is playing on damn near one leg and I can't remember any jailbreak blitzes to get to this guy. I mean at least try! For the love of all things football, please TRY something!

The first attempt at going for it on 4th down?? What? Why? O'Brien is in over his head, Osweiler is JAG, Hopkins could really give a crap anymore (IMO), Miller's vision is not all that, and Cushing is done. Kind of funny how last year most were belly aching that the TE's were non existent, hell CJ is practically the only threat.

Can we sign TJ for the Bengals game??

Last edited:
^You have this nasty habit of telling it like it is.
Personally I thought Oz did his best in our first two games of the season. There were signs of an offense with a lot of promise. Oz's and the offenses struggles coincided with BO'b taking play calling duties from GG.

Last season our offense was not too bad despite the revolving door at Qb. GG was far from a top Offensive play caller and coordinator last season but it was his first go at the job and I thought he showed promise. Are all our struggles on BO'b? No but I can see where coach is not getting it done as well as he should.

It may be that Oz sucks and that is fine if he does but I can not fully sign off on him sucking under the current circumstances.

Regardless of whether Oz flat out sucks at this point, if this team does not lose out the rest of the season he will be our Qb going into next season.

At that time he will most likely be pulled if he resembles his current play. No excuses will be accepted.

Back