Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

**Official Game-Day Thread** Texans at Jaguars, Sunday Oct 21, 2018!!

A red zone TD?

giphy.gif

That could be true. They might be like the Dungy Colts defense where they were good playing with the lead and forcing teams to be one dimensional, but when teams didn't have to play behind they would hammer them running the ball.

This and there have been grumbling within the locker room about the defense playing too much zone. With such a great 1-2 combo at cb, the players want to play more man thus playing more to their strength.

Over a minute to go and 2 timeouts and O'Brien says **** it.

Contrast that will Bill Belichick who, when he knows he's getting the ball back at halftime, almost always attempts (and succeeds) at scoring before the half is finished.

Belichek's QB isn't a turnover machine either it makes a big difference.

Add this to the list of things he didn’t bring with hm from the Patriots.

But he's such a game prepper and guru man.

I'm "ok" with taking the lead to halftime, but I'm not looking for that. I'm looking for any sign of evolution/nuts descending from Bill O'Brien to make me think he's changed his mindset and view and increased the possibility---however marginally---that he might actually be a successful coach here.

I actually like the playcalling today. The Jags have no offense today but still a good defense. They need a spark. No reason to give them the chance to get one before the half, up by 2 TDs and with us receiving the ball at the beginning of the 3d quarter. The Jags offense shouldn‘t be able to beat us today, so lets play it smart and conservative.

Over a minute to go and 2 timeouts and O'Brien says **** it.

Contrast that will Bill Belichick who, when he knows he's getting the ball back at halftime, almost always attempts (and succeeds) at scoring before the half is finished.

Watson isn't Brady and the Texans OL isn't the Pats.

If before the game I would've told you they would've been up 13 at halftime I bet you still wouldn't have been happy.

Back